Awoo.

Sonic Mania Opening Style Confirmed

Zippo

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's like I said, this stuff has me over the hill, judging my comments now is like judging half prepped pudding.

Gotta wait a bit.

I think you have that judging a product that hasn't already been seen yet. Your comment has been released right here and right now. lol

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

I think you have that judging a product that hasn't already been seen yet. Your comment has been released right here and right now. lol

So, answer this, would you consider Mania the game of your "Dreams" by chance?

Tee for the music, Whitehead for the physics and such, Hesse for the animation...

There isn't a meal I've had that made me drool this much myself.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

So, answer this, would you consider Mania the game of your "Dreams" by chance?

Tee for the music, Whitehead for the physics and such, Hesse for the animation...

Looks great and keen. Sounds wonderful, though my favorite Mania theme so far has actually been from Hyper Potions ironically.

It does tack off one of my "Dream" Sonic games while Forces tackles a few other of my dreams for the franchise.

And hey, with IDW taking over Sonic comics, I'll admit, I've been quite giddy as a Sonic fan too.

But not giddy enough to just go throwing opinionated shade unnecessarily.

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Looks great and keen. Sounds wonderful, though my favorite Mania theme so far has actually been from Hyper Potions ironically.

It does tack off one of my "Dream" Sonic games while Forces tackles a few other of my dreams for the franchise.

And hey, with IDW taking over Sonic comics, I'll admit, I've been quite giddy as a Sonic fan too.

But not giddy enough to just go throwing opinionated shade unnecessarily.

Meh... Hype is hype, and to have that again about SONIC, and WHOLEHEARTEDLY at that...

Been a long time... A long, LONG time... Not even Generations did what Mania is doing to me.

Daddy Sakurai, Papa Nomura, and now we've got Cousin Whitehead...

The gaming industry is a delicious buffet indeed.

For once,  it seems we can agree sensibly on something there. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Daddy Sakurai, Papa Nomura, and now we've got Cousin Whitehead...

The gaming industry is a delicious buffet indeed.

On those parts anyway. 

Mania truly is shaping up to be a dream 2D Sonic game. Honestly, I didn't expect hand-drawn opening intro to happen, only dreamed about it, but now it's happening for real.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

For once,  it seems we can agree sensibly on something there. 

It's possible for us to do that many times, this isn't the first my friend.

For me; Mania is the spiritual successor to Sonic CD, so I was expecting an animated intro and ending which I think will fit perfectly for Mania. After seeing his animations in the pre-order trailer it's obvious Tyson will do an excellent job. 

I think we can now safely assume this animation is part of the end-credits.

Image result for sonic mania cutscenes

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

For me; Mania is spiritual successor to Sonic CD, so I was expecting an animated intro and ending which I think will fit perfectly for Mania. After seeing his animations in the pre-order trailer it's obvious Tyson will do an excellent job. 

I think we can now safely assume this animation is part of the end-credits.

Image result for sonic mania cutscenes

Part of the opening is more likely.

Man this just....wow. We've received a fair amount of info tonight but this really strikes a special chord for me. Those Sonic CD cutscenes are my absolute favorite pieces of animation and to see a return to their form for this game in particular is more than I could have ever hoped to see.

And now this game feels really personal to me considering I was credited for discovering what appears to have become a snippet of a cutscene many of us were craving to see in Mania. I know I didn't have anything to do with the animation itself (but damn would I have loved to be a part of it), regardless I'm proud to have been able to contribute to fueling the hype train that is in due course to Sonic Mania in less than a month. Congrats to Tyson Hesse and Max Collins (is he still even involved in this?) because clearly you guys have some real talent to showcase here.

This is amazing news, and while it was announced the next trailer for launch would have only a teaser for the new animated opening it has me wondering if I want to spoil myself even in the slightest. Or if it's worth it to hype me up even more. 

In saying that tho, if this trailer is indeed the day before release, I'm assuming US release date wise. Then the trailer will release the day the game does in my country. So I will have likely played it before the trailer is released due to time zone differences and dates etc. So perhaps I'm worrying for nothing lol.

Man.... a Sonic CD tier opening animation for Mania being the absolute actuality....

I just wanna take a moment and say... I just can not believe how perfect this game is shaping up for me and seemingly for many others out there, too. To think in the beginning, silently in my own mind, I would sometimes foolishly have thoughts like, "I know they did other stuff with great production values like Major Magnet, but could these same guys really pull off a full hand drawn animated intro, let alone rivaling CD's if they even have the means to do so?", "I know Tee Lopes is the man, but could he on his own really capture the CD-esque vibe of Sonic music and make it memorable as hell?", "2D sprites are their forte. I severely doubt anything 3D would be involved even for a hypothetical new game from these guys." etc, and etc... I had no damn clue.

It just baffles me how at every waking turn, any news that comes out from this game, it just continues to amaze with no strings attached. It's just crazy. Def can't wait to see how the OP comes together when it hits. Like above me, I'm probably just gonna savor that moment for when I actually pop the game in for myself.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Thumbs Up 7

It seems like they really are making the ultimate celebration of the classics, pulling in every little thing that made each game great into a single package.  It may not be a true evolution, but I think it is a perfection; even the elements that have dissatisfied me in the past are falling into place.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Man.... a Sonic CD tier opening animation for Mania being the absolute actuality....

I just wanna take a moment and say... I just can not believe how perfect this game is shaping up for me and seemingly for many others out there, too. To think in the beginning, silently in my own mind, I would sometimes foolishly have thoughts like, "I know they did other stuff with great production values like Major Magnet, but could these same guys really pull off a full hand drawn animated intro, let alone rivaling CD's if they even have the means to do so?", "I know Tee Lopes is the man, but could he on his own really capture the CD-esque vibe of Sonic music and make it memorable as hell?", "2D sprites are their forte. I severely doubt anything 3D would be involved even for a hypothetical new game from these guys." etc, and etc... I had no damn clue.

It just baffles me how at every waking turn, any news that comes out from this game, it just continues to amaze with no strings attached. It's just crazy. Def can't wait to see how the OP comes together when it hits. Like above me, I'm probably just gonna savor that moment for when I actually pop the game in for myself.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I admittedly was one of the people who doubted of the existence of an opening, mostly because of the way some Tweets were worded and an attempt to keep my expectations low. But I couldn't be happier to be wrong.

Tyson's style is just so good, and seeing it not only animated but being recognized as something worthy of being on an official Sonic the Hedgehog game (on the opening, the freaking first impression people get of the game) just fills me with happiness and other good feels.

I was expecting the intro animation to be a thing since the leak months ago BUT I'M STILL SUPER EXCITED TO ACTUALLY SEE IT CONFIRMED

This game keeps getting better and better, it's unbelievable

13 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

I was expecting the intro animation to be a thing since the leak months ago BUT I'M STILL SUPER EXCITED TO ACTUALLY SEE IT CONFIRMED

This game keeps getting better and better, it's unbelievable

And according to Stealth, they haven't shown the best they've done :D

• Thumbs Up 2

I now wonder if the opening intro will be an actual introduction to the story (like Sonic CD, Unleashed) or an animation clip showing pieces of the plot/stages/characters, like Sonic Adventure 1/2, Heroes... Would rather have the former of course.

Also, canwegetthesameladyfromsoniccdtosingagainplease?

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

I now wonder if the opening intro will be an actual introduction to the story (like Sonic CD, Unleashed) or an animation clip showing pieces of the plot/stages/characters, like Sonic Adventure 1/2, Heroes... Would rather have the former of course.

Also, canwegetthesameladyfromsoniccdtosingagainplease?

JP/EU or the US Singer?

Vocals is what sold the CD opening.  as a kid around 4 years old it was amazing the hear sonic boom as sonic tore through the la d

And later toot toot

Studio Yotta seems to be helping Tyson with the animation, they get a special thanks in the manual, meaning this leak from months ago looks to be accurate. 

62sTH59.gif

• Thumbs Up 2