Awoo.

More Sonic Mania Details: Possible Spoilers Within

Zippo

I decided to make another thread because a lot of this went under people's radars. I promise I tried my best to make the panel thread as informative as possible, but I did miss some things. Without further adieu, here's the panel wonderfully recapped by NeoGaf's RomanceDawn:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=244245153

"1 - 1 year anniversary of Mania Announcement trailer today. 
2 - First meeting in 2016. Sonic Discovery was the original title. 
3 - Iizuka writes Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, S&K on a board and then Sonic Mania. 
4 - "By the Mania for the Mania" is something Iizuka kept saying. 
5 - 2nd story revision. What has Eggman been up to after 3&K? He falls into depression, no will to fight Sonic, goes back to base in pajamas. What happened to all the Badniks after he left? Then 3 words, Hard Boiled Heavies. 
4 - Length longer than 1, 2, 3 and K. Comparable to 3&K, and with more game modes. They think we will be happy with the length.
5 - Keep records of favorite bugs. (I forgot why I typed this, I know they kept records of their favorite bugs and showed us a few, hilarious, not sure if we can)
6 - Special stage - Sonic 1 back ground, looks like CD with 3&K spheres. Get blue spheres, go faster, catch UFO. Get emerald. 
7 - Rings increase timer to catch UFO. 
8 - true to how Saturn would render 3D.
9 - Dimension heist music. I like it! Going to grow on people. YouTube soon.
10 - Has Sprite cut scenes between stages 3&K style. 
11 - Animated short, full animation for the opening of the game. Like CD. aug 14th release. 
12 - I got this amazing classic style game manual! Some goons walked out early and missed it! That'll learn em! This thing is nice! 
13 - Only this weekend can you preorder the special addition clear vinal of the sound track. 
14 - No Super Emeralds. Iizuka felt like they would have to keep 1 upping themselves after that so they decided to go back to Super and just cap it there."

Also, just to add one more detail, the Hard Boiled Heavies are confirmed to betray Eggman at some point in the game. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll just insert what I said in the other topic:

5 - 2nd revision whats egg man do after K? He falls into depression, no will to fight Sonic, goes back to base in pajamas, what happened to all the bad nicks after he left? Then 3 words, Hard Boiled Heavies.

190px-GD_Sonic1_Concept_Robotnik_02.png

Please let this appear in the opening cutscene. XD

4 - Length longer than 1, 2, 3 and K. Compatible [comparable] to 3&K, more modes. We will be happy with length.

Not unexpected, but nice to hear confirmation that it's similar to 3&K in length. Maybe 5 new and 7 old? We'll see.

12 - Super Emeralds. Izuka doesn't want a power creep to keep one upping themselves. So no Super Emeralds any more.

Sounds good. Now give me one of those instructions booklets, please.

51 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Also, just to add one more, the Hard Boiled Heavies are confirmed to betray Eggman at some point in the game. 

Of course they fucking are. God forbid Eggman have a lackey who actually was loyal to him all the way through for once. 

• Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, Zippo said:

He falls into depression, no will to fight Sonic, goes back to base in pajamas.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

Of course they fucking are. God forbid Eggman have a lackey who actually was loyal to him all the way through for once. 

Time Eater?

6 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Time Eater?

More a glorified machine then a lackey 

12 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

Orbot and Cubot are upset about this comment.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

What has Eggman been up to after 3&K? He falls into depression, no will to fight Sonic, goes back to base in pajamas.

190px-GD_Sonic1_Concept_Robotnik_02.png

Is it time?

Shit, Aaron gave even more details:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/889026050352599040

https://mobile.twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/889023382452281344

https://mobile.twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/889019098541154305

https://mobile.twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/889027345234907136

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonofSolver/status/889030292379324417

-Dimension Heist is the theme of the special stage. 

-Aaron says there are more manuals being given out at future events. 

-They're shaped exactly like Genesis manuals, so they should fit into Switch cases!

-They're "looking into" selling the manuals online. 

• Thumbs Up 9

Either sell em online or give me a lossless PDF so I can print it and bind it myself: whatever the case is, I neeeed this.

• Thumbs Up 6

This is thanks to McAleeCh and the respective twitterer Scotty the Wise! ^_^:)    It is almost not a spoiler; but it is a special piece of concept art sketching in the background of this signatures page on the lower left hand side.  Is it meant to be a record rather than a blue and gold disc do you think? ^_^ 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFcSNYdXoAEVCkF.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, that's one of those zipline dealies from Marble Garden, isn't it? Not sure where it's meant to be, though, it doesn't really look like Marble Garden or any confirmed stage, I don't think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, could this confirm Marble Garden? I know it could only confirm its zipline gimmick, but..... c'mon. Also there's a star on the bottom, Metropolis confirmed

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Oh, that's one of those zipline dealies from Marble Garden, isn't it? Not sure where it's meant to be, though, it doesn't really look like Marble Garden or any confirmed stage, I don't think.

It is very much an abstract sketch that is for sure!  Some people have been mentioning that the unique poles to run down/around and jump off on either side for different paths, from Marble Garden, are in Stardust Speedway now with new art design, they are covered in plants! So this could have been brought there as well!  However the shapes on the floor do not necessarily match.  I  

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888955881705979905/video/1

Went under the radar but here's a couple seconds of the Fiying Battery Act 1 boss. Eggman sets up some sort of trap. 

Actually that's not correct. It's a glitch.

A hilarious glitch Team Mania wanted to show off to every one. It's quite bizarre!

More glitches:

One each for Tails and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, yeah that sketch could possibly mean that Marble Garden is in Mania, but it's hard to say for sure. Just like the running-down pillars from that zone being used in Stardust Speedway, this could just be a gimmick that is used elsewhere.

Although, the squares drawn inside kind of implicate that it's for a blocky, rock-like pattern, and that's what's making me wonder...

marblegardenthingie.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

That glitch...

And so begins the Eggman & Eggman & Eggman & EGGMAN memes.

...& Eggman is plastered all over my sig and avatar...

I was born for this joke.

10 hours ago, mikeblastdude said:

Hmm, yeah that sketch could possibly mean that Marble Garden is in Mania, but it's hard to say for sure. Just like the running-down pillars from that zone being used in Stardust Speedway, this could just be a gimmick that is used elsewhere.

Although, the squares drawn inside kind of implicate that it's for a blocky, rock-like pattern, and that's what's making me wonder...

marblegardenthingie.jpg

That's a good point, but one of the squares under the slope is drawn more like a green Marble Zone block. I find it hard to believe that they'd go with Marble Garden, personally, but Marble Zone as an extra for Sonic 1, complete with Marble Garden gimmicks, I could see. It's hard to call from such a sketch though.