Jump to content
Awoo.

Opinion: A new Sonic TV series based on Modern Sonic


Blueknight V2.0

Recommended Posts

I would like to see a TV Show based on Modern Sonic in all CG, like Sonic Boom. Now I like Sonic Boom about the same as I do Modern Sonic. If they was to do this, I think they should follow the stories of the games (Sonic Adventure 2, Unleashed, Colors, Lost World, Forces, etc.). While using the same voice cast as Sonic Boom and using Marza Animation for the CG like the movie. The Sonic 2019 movie, if successful, might get a TV show based on it and the game stories. Even including characters like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Metal Sonic and of course main characters like Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Amy and Knuckles and maybe Espio and Rouge. Anyways, that's my idea for a Modern Sonic TV Series, which probably won't happen in the near future with Sonic Boom still going, now I like Sonic Boom especially Season 2, but if Shadow or the other returning characters don't appear, than a little less I like it. So, if they were to create a series like this would you like the idea?

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I for one love Boom!  But I agree a more action/adventure based series like Satam or X (heck even like the OVA) would be nice to see.  Just don't put horrible human characters like Chris Thorndyke in it again and you're good.

 

 It probably won't ever happen, but if SEGA pulled a DC/WB and just did pure direct to TV/Video animated movies of the games (or heck even the comics) that would be super neat!   Full animated films based on the S3&K, CD, Adventure 1&2, and the Rush games would be really fun to see.

  • Thumbs Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

 I for one love Boom!  But I agree a more action/adventure based series like Satam or X (heck even like the OVA) would be nice to see.  Just don't put horrible human characters like Chris Thorndyke in it again and you're good.

 

 It probably won't ever happen, but if SEGA pulled a DC/WB and just did pure direct to TV/Video animated movies of the games (or heck even the comics) that would be super neat!   Full animated films based on the S3&K, CD, Adventure 1&2, and the Rush games would be really fun to see.

To be honest, the problem with Chris was that he was given way too much focus. Those sounds like good ideas for adaptions.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While the Sonic X adaptations of game storylines were pretty cool I don't see the point in just doing game storylines over again, if they did get adapted I'd want to see it done in broad strokes, more like Sonic X's take on Sonic Battle than SA1 and 2.  I'm down for a TV show that expands the vanilla Sonic universe with stories that wouldn't be as effective in a game but sadly you can't really do that without alienating those who aren't familiar with all the games.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sonic X was pretty terrible even when it wasn't The Chris Show Starring Chris and regardless of what language it was in; and as I recall (though it has been a decade since I cared so I might be misremembering) a lot of that terrible was related to Sega's influence on it. I'm not confident any other show produced under more close supervision by Sega than Boom is wouldn't have similar problems; if not being even worse due to Sega's of 2017.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

To be honest, the problem with Chris was that he was given way too much focus. Those sounds like good ideas for adaptions.

Not just that, but just an all around uninteresting character who is rich and has friends and not much issues that audience could relate to. Basically, a Kid Avatar that the viewers are forced to relate to and just unnecessary all around.

But yeah, I would go with another adventure/action style anime series yet not with animation like X. Maybe something like My Hero Academy or something like Madhouse (One Punch Man) or Gainax (FLCL, Panty and Stocking) productions related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AdventChild said:

But yeah, I would go with another adventure/action style anime series yet not with animation like X. Maybe something like My Hero Academy or something like Madhouse (One Punch Man) or Gainax (FLCL, Panty and Stocking) productions related.

I'm thinking a full CG Modern Sonic TV Show, like Sonic Boom except with Marza Animation with 22 minute episodes as a America-Japan co-production. That could possibly cover a lot of games like 1 or 2 per season, all with the current voice actors for Boom and Forces. Games that I think should be included are; Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes, Shadow (darker themes toned down a little), Sonic 06' (with less focus on humans and Eggman keeps his traditional look), Secret Rings, Rush & Rush Adventure, Rivals 1 & 2, Unleashed, Black Knight, Colors, Generations, Lost World and Forces. That would be about 13 seasons worth of episodes, if they were to take this strategy and also they would be able to improve certain things that people liked or disliked from the games. Marza Animation would also give each episode a very cinematic feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would rather it be an anime personally, always felt that sonics vast cast of characters and villains would be perfect for anime,sadly sonic x wasn't very good but the series still has potential.

If I could do it I would make it so that sonic lives in a world where anthros and humans live together in harmony, (so we can have adventure arcs without the whole sonic is in the human world shit) and for most arcs to be completely original, although some can be based on games  games,for example, sa 2. And some can be loosely based on games such as introducing silver from a ruined future without the whole Elise bs.

The series has so many characters that could have great character development and be really fleshed out in way not really possible in the games. 

If if done right ( not like the atrocity that was x) sonic could be a really good shonen anime.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody Not like the idea of a CG Modern Sonic show? A CG show would be the best direction to take a Modern Sonic show and it's also the basis for most shows today. Sonic X was the way it was for the time period, when 2d was still popular and when CG shows started coming up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most TV cartoons are still 2D.  Bob's Burgers, Star VS, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Regular Show, We Bare Bears, Milo Murphy's Law, Lion Guard, Amazing World of Gumball, Teen Titans Go!, etc.  And honestly traditional/2D animation just has more heart/soul.   Things like Sonic Boom being a rare exception a lot of other CG TV toons haven't always turned out that well.

 

 

But yea if they jusy did CG shorts simmilar to the Unleashed one with the Ghosts that would be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

But yea if they jusy did CG shorts simmilar to the Unleashed one with the Ghosts that would be fine.

Yeah, but they didn't talk in that short and also how would they deliver a Sonic story with shorts that have no talking. Also 2D animation seems to be going downhill in recent years, with the exception of Spongebob, 2D just doesn't seem to be an option for video game based shows anymore. All major video game tv shows and movies are in a CG 3D format like Sonic Boom, Sonic 2019 movie, Sly Cooper Movie/TV Show, Ratchet & Clank Movie, Skylanders Academy, Angry Birds Movie/sequel and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures to just name a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Yeah, but they didn't talk in that short and also how would they deliver a Sonic story with shorts that have no talking. Also 2D animation seems to be going downhill in recent years, with the exception of Spongebob, 2D just doesn't seem to be an option for video game based shows anymore. All major video game tv shows and movies are in a CG 3D format like Sonic Boom, Sonic 2019 movie, Sly Cooper Movie/TV Show, Ratchet & Clank Movie, Skylanders Academy, Angry Birds Movie/sequel and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures to just name a few.

Your joking right?  I just listed a whole bunch of quality 2D shows!   And Spongebob has been muddying around in quality for years!  It is hardly a pillar of quality for traditional animation.

 

As for not talking, sometimes actions speak louder then words, look at the old Smash Bros. Brawl cutscenes.  And nobody said they couldn't talk.  Boom is short format & characters talk just fine in it.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

Also correct me if I'm wrong baht wouldn't trying to have loads of cg action scenes and locations be much more expensive than 2d animation.

I wouldn't think so, I do know it is easier and faster to do CG 3D than 2D. According to a someone who worked Disney/Pixar they said like if you mess up or something you would have go back and redraw or animate all over again with 2D, with 3D he said is easier because if there is a mistake of some sort, then all they would have to do is go back and fix the characters movements or something, I don't exactly remember what he said. VTNVIVI over on Youtube talks about this in one of his Sly Cooper movie or TV Show videos (or the one where he discusses the Sonic Boom TV Show getting nominated for Teen Choice Awards 2017), I'm not sure which one but it's there. On another note, the Ratchet & Clank movie (produced by Rainmaker Entertainment) was able to have near Dreamworks or Disney/Pixar graphics at a cheaper cost, also with assistance from the original developers Insomniac Games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I wouldn't think so, I do know it is easier and faster to do CG 3D than 2D. According to a someone who worked Disney/Pixar they said like if you mess up or something you would have go back and redraw or animate all over again with 2D, with 3D he said is easier because if there is a mistake of some sort, then all they would have to do is go back and fix the characters movements or something, I don't exactly remember what he said. VTNVIVI over on Youtube talks about this in one of his Sly Cooper movie or TV Show videos (or the one where he discusses the Sonic Boom TV Show getting nominated for Teen Choice Awards 2017), I'm not sure which one but it's there. On another note, the Ratchet & Clank movie (produced by Rainmaker Entertainment) was able to have near Dreamworks or Disney/Pixar graphics at a cheaper cost, also with assistance from the original developers Insomniac Games.

But surely when making a series with over a 100 episodes it would be cheaper to make it 2d than to have to constantly produce new renders of new characters and locations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

But surely when making a series with over a 100 episodes it would be cheaper to make it 2d than to have to constantly produce new renders of new characters and locations.

I wouldn't be to sure on that because as an example, the Sly Cooper TV Show will most likely follow the stories of the 4 games and therefore have numerous locations and characters. Now I might have went a little bit over with the whole Marza based Sonic TV Series, because I remembered that TV shows have downgraded animation compared to their movie counterparts (Example: How To Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 compared to Dreamwork's Dragons; Riders of Berk, Defenders of Berk and Race To The Edge TV Series, another example would be the Puss in Boot 2011 movie and The Adventures of Puss in Boots TV Show). So a Marza Animation based Sonic TV series is probably Not likely, but more likely by another 3D animation company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I wouldn't be to sure on that because as an example, the Sly Cooper TV Show will most likely follow the stories of the 4 games and therefore have numerous locations and characters. Now I might have went a little bit over with the whole Marza based Sonic TV Series, because I remembered that TV shows have downgraded animation compared to their movie counterparts (Example: How To Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 compared to Dreamwork's Dragons; Riders of Berk, Defenders of Berk and Race To The Edge TV Series, another example would be the Puss in Boot 2011 movie and The Adventures of Puss in Boots TV Show). So a Marza Animation based Sonic TV series is probably Not likely, but more likely by another 3D animation company.

Would rather have a really well animated 2d series than a poorly or averagely animated cgi series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too good to be true. I would like it to happen but it probably never will. Even then, 90% of cartoons these days just focus on comedy and rarely have any action or adventure in them, I don't see why this would be any different. Sonic Boom is proof of that.

Best case scenario, we get a new anime but that won't happen cause Sonic isn't popular in Japan. At least not as much as he was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Too good to be true. I would like it to happen but it probably never will. Even then, 90% of cartoons these days just focus on comedy and rarely have any action or adventure in them, I don't see why this would be any different. Sonic Boom is proof of that.

Best case scenario, we get a new anime but that won't happen cause Sonic isn't popular in Japan. At least not as much as he was.

Well maybe a really good anime can make him more popular there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

Well maybe a really good anime can make him more popular there. 

 They tried that with SonicX, don't think it worked out all that well.

 

And really most cartoons these days are a mish-mash of all genres.  AT, Steven, StarVS, etc are basically comedy-slice of life-action/adventure-scifi-fantasy.  So i'd be cool with a toon with a bit of everything like those.  But we would have to wait until Boom ended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.