Awoo.

According to what I have heard about DLC for Mania...

Shiny Gems

I don't have an exact link, but according to someone on Sega Forums, someone who tried out both Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania at SDCC, that person asked a rep if there will be DLC for Mania, and apparently, the answer is yes, Sonic Mania will. The same person said that it will most likely be new stages and maybe new characters. So, what do you think of all this?

• Thumbs Up 2

DLC for Mania isn't implausible but I'd probably wait for an official statement on it since reps for video games at conventions can be a bit iffy on reliable information at times.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Nintendoga said:

DLC for Mania isn't implausible but I'd probably wait for an official statement on it since reps for video games at conventions can be a bit iffy on reliable information at times.

Yeah, I figured someone here would say that. Don't blame ya. Just thought I'd share what I heard if that was okay.

38 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

If it extends the life of the game I say give me dlc

Yes; it would make sense that Mania could be the base structure for any additional creative work they wish to do with this specific a la Saturn format. 

At some point in the future they may wish to make a game as though a 2D (still pixel based zones/3D special stages as well I would think) Sonic series continued on to Dreamcast; but prior to that, they can just add on to Mania!

All of the team members old and new can plan when to work on new zones / ministories as it suits their lives rather than feel they have to try and follow up Mania with another game until they are sure it is time. 

I don't mind DLC as long as it comes after release, so I'd be more than down for it that provided. 

• Thumbs Up 9

If there is Character DLC, the most likely ones will be either, Amy, Mighty, Vector, Espio, or Charmy. For levels, it would probably be more re-imagined levels, probably 1 or 2 New Stages

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, simtek34 said:

If there is Character DLC, the most likely ones will be either, Amy, Mighty, Vector, Espio, or Charmy. For levels, it would probably be more re-imagined levels, probably 1 or 2 New Stages

I'd prefer newer levels personally. Reimagined ones aren't bad, though. As for characters, I would like to see Metal Sonic playable through DLC.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, I don't think it'll happen. Even if someone did say it, remember the same was said about Generations and that didn't go anywhere so... 

If they pulled a Christmas Nights like DLC where two zones/acts were Christmas-ifyed that would be the sweetest thing and the biggest nod to the Saturn Era. But this is purely fan hopes and dreams.

If it means we can play as Classic Amy &/or Classic revisions of Modern characters I am good with this.

Or maybe they could be nice and go full fanservice and make Mighty & Ray playable in the game.  That would be pretty nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the game relases as a complete product first and after a bit of time they begin to extend its life with a few new levels or characters, I don't find that the same as most AAA publishers basterdation version of DLC. It'd be more like something along the lines of Smash Bros, Skyrim, Hyrule warriors, etc. vs Battlefront, Assassins Creed, Street Fighter, Batman(any Arkham game) etc

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

If it means we can play as Classic Amy &/or Classic revisions of Modern characters I am good with this.

Or maybe they could be nice and go full fanservice and make Mighty & Ray playable in the game.  That would be pretty nice.

With this game relying heavily on continuity and happening right after S3&K, being honest I'd rather not have any modern characters. It's a taboo of mine. If you're in the past, the present need not interfere, like a Christmas Carol kind of thing.

I highly doubt they'd do DLC characters; they'd need to be balanced against the existing level design, which would be considerably time consuming unless they were just clones of Sonic (something someone like Amy, the main request folks make, probably wouldn't be). 

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I would rather they focus on getting an actual physical release rather than actually integrating DLC, especially since Sonic Forces is rumored to have DLC as well. If push comes to shove, hopefully the DLC will mostly consist of newer levels instead of DLC characters since the stages likely aren't designed to suit the gameplay styles of those newer characters. Just adding in Amy for the sake of it by scaling her to Sonic's capabilities just doesn't sit right with me at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Metal-Sonic & Amy DLC playable characters please! ;^)

Amy's gameplay can be based on her Sonic advance series style. Just look at the main fan hacks of classic Amy in the classic games to see how it could work! I really enjoyed those hacks. And Metal-Sonic can just play like Super Sonic without him being indestructible... I would prefer Metal having more unique gameplay then that... but it's fine that way.

22 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Metal-Sonic & Amy DLC playable characters please! ;^)

Amy's gameplay can be based on her Sonic advance series style. Just look at the main fan hacks of classic Amy in the classic games to see how it could work! I really enjoyed those hacks. And Metal-Sonic can just play like Super Sonic without him being indestructible... I would prefer Metal having more unique gameplay then that... but it's fine that way.

I'd toss money at this

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, sounds like nostalgia pandering to me unless those fan hacks of classic Amy involves a completely new gameplay style.

16 minutes ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

Meh, sounds like nostalgia pandering to me unless those fan hacks of classic Amy involves a completely new gameplay style.

You say that about a game that's already based after Sonic 3&K + Sonic CD? I fail to see the problem here.

And yes classic fan hack Amy did have new gameplay style to offer.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

You say that about a game that's already based after Sonic 3&K + Sonic CD? I fail to see the problem here.

And yes classic fan hack Amy did have new gameplay style to offer.

Yes, because said game is actually aiming not only to embrace the gameplay that Classic Sonic set in place, but aims to actually improve it and features new content that complements said improvements. What you're suggesting are very few cosmetic changes that I don't see adds anything to the gameplay at all. It's honestly no different than what Heroes did by featuring similar level design and simply presenting it as "different levels" only because you're playing as different characters who have nothing new to bring to the table. I honestly never minded that, but I know plenty of people that did and having mostly cosmetic DLC which adds nothing new falls under that description I'd imagine and it's even worse since we're having to pay extra money for it.

I want new content, not a few similar characters used to milk some extra cash through nostalgia. The only way I'd see it work is if the new characters had unique abilities, but I highly doubt that since they likely wouldn't complement the original levels without adding new levels in place anyways.

2 minutes ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

I want new content, not a few similar characters used to milk some extra cash through nostalgia. The only way I'd see it work is if the new characters had unique abilities, but I highly doubt that since they likely wouldn't complement the original levels without adding new levels in place anyways.

Did you... actually watch the video? Because I'm pretty sure you didn't. Because if you did you would had noticed she plays completely differently to Sonic. Or are you instead asking for DLC to give you entirely a different game? Hohoo.

Also are you telling me Tails & Knuckles are nostalgia pandering too as they don't really offer anything new to the table? Oh wait I guess that includes Sonic too as all they really did was include a drop dash skill to his move set and not much else. =p

That Amy mod is GOOD. But... I think it's weird that a lot of the people who want Amy to be playable in Mania also expect her to play like an Advance character. This mod is halfway there though; just give her the Strike Dash in place of that Hop and make the Air Hammer her jump attack, basically get rid of those B-button moves altogether. The classics are supposed to be one-button games, after all.

TBH though I'd be fine if she just gets a cameo of some sort, the REAL crime would be if we don't at least get Metal Sonic (and Tails Doll + Metal Knuckles?) somehow.

EDIT: But if we do get Amy my main request is: GIVE HER THE DR. SLUMP RUN IT'D BE SO ADORABLE

dr slump run.png