Awoo.

According to what I have heard about DLC for Mania...

Shiny Gems

25 minutes ago, LividOrca said:

That Amy mod is GOOD. But... I think it's weird that a lot of the people who want Amy to be playable in Mania also expect her to play like an Advance character. This mod is halfway there though; just give her the Strike Dash in place of that Hop and make the Air Hammer her jump attack, basically get rid of those B-button moves altogether. The classics are supposed to be one-button games, after all.

TBH though I'd be fine if she just gets a cameo of some sort, the REAL crime would be if we don't at least get Metal Sonic (and Tails Doll + Metal Knuckles?) somehow.

EDIT: But if we do get Amy my main request is: GIVE HER THE DR. SLUMP RUN IT'D BE SO ADORABLE

dr slump run.png

I wasn't trying to say Amy should play 100% exactly like that hack. But it's a good quick example to get one's point across that Amy can offer her own unique gameplay. There differently is room for improvement on Amy's SA1 gameplay just as you said.

I don't get how Metal has more of a right as a playable character then Amy? as she has been basically apart of Sonic's main group in the series for ages now. Anyways back to Metal Sonic. If his gameplay was made like I said he'd be a great character for speed running as he basically would be Sonic with permanent speed shoes power up on... at the same time it would make him very hard for new players to control and would lead to many deaths. If I was going to add a bit more to him myself... I would like to give him a air dash too + maybe the skill to allow him to bounce off walls like Rocket Knight.

2 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I wasn't trying to say Amy should play 100% exactly like that hack. But it's a good quick example to get one's point across that Amy can offer her own unique gameplay. There differently is room for improvement on Amy's SA1 gameplay just as you said.

I don't get how Metal has more of a right as a playable character then Amy? as she has been basically apart of Sonic's main group in the series for ages now. Anyways back to Metal Sonic. If his gameplay was made like I said he'd be a great character for speed running as he basically would be Sonic with permanent speed shoes power up on... at the same time it would make him very hard for new players to control and would lead to many deaths. If I was going to add a bit more to him myself... I would like to give him a air dash too + maybe the skill to allow him to bounce off walls like Rocket Knight.

My bad. :P Should not have assumed, even though I *have* seen people point primarily to existing mods when speculating about Amy in Mania.

And it's not that I think Metal has more of a right to be playable in Mania, but that my idea of playable Metal is he'd just be a re-skinned and slightly tweaked Sonic. So it kind of works on an alt-costume level, and maybe programming him would be easier on the devs. Honestly I'd prefer a playable Amy over anybody else!