Awoo.

Sonic Forces Release Date Possibly Leaked - [Nov 7 2017]

Polkadi~☆

8 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

So I guess this also counts for all those 40 dollar 3DS games then?

$40 is the MSRP for almost any major 3DS game. It's in line with the hardware. 

A big budget AAA console game in this current market usually runs for $60. If it's less, there's likely a dip in content or value. Puyo Puyo Tetris is a fantastic game, but it's not a $60 game. It has to do with how much game there is. 

Not saying this saves Forces at all, just that the price point, if indeed $40, is because of it's content count, not because Sonic Team thinks it's a bad product. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

not because Sonic Team thinks it's a bad product. 

I'd still chalk it up to critic and community reception nonetheless, even if they don't blame the game.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

So I guess Crash N. Sane Trilogy and Ratchet and Clank(201) being sold for $40 when they released was because they were bad games? 

No, more-so due to being remakes. It's a norm for remakes.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

No, more-so due to being remakes. It's a norm for remakes.

I'm sure every Zelda and Pokemon remake and Samus returns being released at full retail price would like to argue with that. I really don't see Forces being sold at $40 as evidence that it's a bad game considering it's what it's up against this holiday season.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I'm sure every Zelda and Pokemon remake and Samus returns being released at full retail price would like to argue with that. I really don't see Forces being sold at $40 as evidence that it's a bad game considering it's what it's up against this holiday season.

I feel SEGA-Sense is coming into the picture...

That implies a lack of confidence in their product to sell against others, and lacking confidence in your product does not encourage consumers to buy.

On 7/28/2017 at 0:36 AM, Chris Knopps said:

I feel SEGA-Sense is coming into the picture...

That implies a lack of confidence in their product to sell against others, and lacking confidence in your product does not encourage consumers to buy.

How convenient, seeing how that sense really is just up to you as an individual. 

And makes no sense business wise. 

You go about trying to show them as lacking confidence or competence in their product without any real solid evidence. Not to mention,  how it makes more sense to price it off of content and length. 

Like,  honestly, a company discounting a game's launch cause they feel it's bad as opposed to patching that thing day 1 and pulling out all the stops on excuses; riiiiight. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly, outside of Mario (which I sort of half chalk up to Nintendo's recent habit of overpricing things with the Switch and all *see pro controller's price for example*) there are no platformers that are selling for the usual, triple A, $60 retail price. There's no correlation to quality or confidence here. It's just where the industry is at with this genre. Games like Yooka-Laylee, Snake Pass, Knack 2, ect. are all following this trend.

Yeah,  the whole "SEGA-Sense" angle never really made sense as a theory regarding these matters,  especially this latest one. 

33 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

How convenient, seeing how that sense really is just up to you as an individual. 

And makes no sense business wise. 

Like,  the at you go about trying to show them as lacking confidence or competence in their product without any real solid evidence. Not to mention,  how it makes more sense to price it off of content and length. 

Like,  honestly, a company discounting a game's launch cause they feel it's bad as opposed to patching that thing day 1 and pulling out all the stops on excuses; riiiiight. 

Nothing wrong with defending, I'm just speculating no matter how agreeable or otherwise it might be.

Yeah,  the whole "SEGA-Sense" angle never really made sense as a theory regarding these matters,  especially this latest one. 

SEGA-Sense is a term coined from the companies general business practices and mindsets in the past and present, primarily revolving partnerships and general goings-on with the Sonic franchise.

Nonsensical is SEGA-Sensical in a sense, hence why I've been tossing it around. Even in terms of how they make their most recent titles, SEGA-Sensical.

Like it, hate it, that's how I reflect what I've seen from them. Maybe it will catch on sometime, if not, it's fun toss around when the timing feels right.

Just now, Bobnik said:

So Mania is a bad game, got it.

Speaking in terms of what is supposed to be, or "supposedly" a big/major AAA title in the 3D portion of the Sonic franchise from Sonic Team themselves.

That's a very poor pot-shot at my speculations.

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Speaking in terms of what is supposed to be, or "supposedly" a big/major AAA title in the 3D portion of the Sonic franchise from Sonic Team themselves.

That's a very poor pot-shot at my speculations.

Again, that speculation doesn't make any sense. There are quite a lot of big games that cost 40 dillars that are very good, and there are a lot of shitty games for 60 dollars. The price in this industry does not equal the quality of a game, doesn't matter if it's a game from SEGA or any other company. I just find that speculation very poor.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Bobnik said:

Again, that speculation doesn't make any sense. There are quite a lot of big games that cost 40 dillars that are very good, and there are a lot of shitty games for 60 dollars. The price in this industry does not equal the quality of a game, doesn't matter if it's a game from SEGA or any other company. I just find that speculation very poor.

There's nothing wrong with that. This is one subject of many that neither side can really win on or be sure of, it's just something to take guesses at until concrete facts come out post-launch, if numbers are revealed in terms of sales, sometimes they're out there, sometimes not so much.

We'll all just have to play the waiting game and see.

I would point out that 2006 and Rise of Lyric to a lesser extent launched at full price (granted, both were exclusive to one console upon immediate release). If this has to be an indicator of something I'd say it's gonna be to do with the game's quantity rather than it's quality. Although I'm sure that even Generations with its short length was around £40 at launch and really, Generations isn't even the bar we should be aiming for when it comes to game length.

If we want to take a more optimistic theory, this could be an attempt to stick their neck out a little considering the competition the game's gonna go up against. Especially when the likes of Odyssey is gonna be £50 at launch, having Forces sitting on the shelf at a much lower price is gonna be a good incentive to sway a few extra people to Sonic.

Also consider something like the recent Ratchet & Clank. That game wasn't exactly starved of content and yet it got a budget price release and today you'll mostly find it between £10 and £20. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

5 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Bad Game = Cheap Price

EDIT:

So in your terms as well: Good game = expensive price. I guess Rise of Lyric is a 9-10/10!

People beat me to it to why your logic is wrong, but yeah. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

EB games Australia has been notoriously known to use place holder dates to push pre-orders. Nothing to see here folks.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Sonic Forces is $60* What the hell, why is this shit so expensive when I can get Mania for peanuts?

*Sonic Forces is ~$60* What the hell, why is this shit so cheap, does Sonic Team have no confidence in this game?

I mean if it's budget price I don't really care. I think it should be pushed back a week at least, though. Definitely can't stand against Mario.

8 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

SEGA-Sense is a term coined from the companies general business practices and mindsets in the past and present, primarily revolving partnerships and general goings-on with the Sonic franchise.

Nonsensical is SEGA-Sensical in a sense, hence why I've been tossing it around. Even in terms of how they make their most recent titles, SEGA-Sensical.

Like it, hate it, that's how I reflect what I've seen from them. Maybe it will catch on sometime, if not, it's fun toss around when the timing feels right.

So it's a buzz word. Laced with faulty logic for the most part. Plain and simple. Great to know. :/

3 hours ago, Azure P said:

EB games Australia has been notoriously known to use place holder dates to push pre-orders. Nothing to see here folks.

Especially since the date has been changed to TBC 2017. A bit suspicious, but that's how it is.

I did say "possibly leaked", after all.

If the game is as short as the last few sonic games you should take it as a good sign that Sega is trying to price their games appropriately.

That being said, Sonic Team's 4 years in the making mainline Sonic game being as short as the other ones would be pretty embarrassing. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

So it's a buzz word. Laced with faulty logic for the most part. Plain and simple. Great to know. :/

Not faulty logic at all. You want to defend the company, great, I don't and thus I coined a term based on their past practices, that is all.

52 minutes ago, Josh said:

If the game is as short as the last few sonic games you should take it as a good sign that Sega is trying to price their games appropriately.

That being said, Sonic Team's 4 years in the making mainline Sonic game being as short as the other ones would be pretty embarrassing. 

Lest we forget that this is supposed to be a game that is supposed to celebrate Sonic's anniversary and if this is how they treat their anniversary without much effort than it makes it sound like a crummy cheap anniversary gift to the fans and feels like doing injustice to the hedgehog like this.

It's like Sonic Mania is the small gift that is flawless emerald ring while Forces is the big lazy repackaged tacky Christmas sweater we got from long ago, just restitched clumsily and embedded with fake gems and glitter to make it look new when it isn't.

9 hours ago, Josh said:

If it's going to be anything like the previous games-- like the one it's explicitly based off of-- I don't see how it being short is embarrassing, nor that the amount of time put into it means anything for the content. Hopefully that time's spent making the game better, not bloating it with "content" because it's been decided somewhere that games need to be x hours long.

8 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Lest we forget that this is supposed to be a game that is supposed to celebrate Sonic's anniversary and if this is how they treat their anniversary without much effort than it makes it sound like a crummy cheap anniversary gift to the fans and feels like doing injustice to the hedgehog like this.

It's like Sonic Mania is the small gift that is flawless emerald ring while Forces is the big lazy repackaged tacky Christmas sweater we got from long ago, just restitched clumsily and embedded with fake gems and glitter to make it look new when it isn't.

You have no idea how much "effort" been put into it, and I don't see why it's suddenly bad for the anniversary title to be short, as if the last one wasn't.