Awoo.

Sonic Forces Release Date Possibly Leaked - [Nov 7 2017]

Polkadi~☆

1 hour ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

A more limited boost in favor of greater control over Sonic which in turn, would lead to greater emphasis on 3D platforming which certainly hasn't happened with Forces yet. Now don't get me wrong, even though Forces does not have the wisps for Modern Sonic, that does not mean that it didn't attempt to copy Colors because at its core, it's literally exactly the same. Less effort and creativity in 3D platforming and limited boost that forces you to engage in generic and sluggish 2D platforming as a result. Even the platform's designs denote a very conspicuous similarity between both Colors and Forces. The main reason why they excluded the wisps? Because they integrated it for the OC instead presumably, but that does not discredit that Forces' design is very similar. You can't tell me that the 2D platforming that constitutes jumping from one block to another  and the generic design of the platforms doesn't resemble Colors in the slightest.

I don't disagree, but in terms of level design which influences how Modern Sonic plays, it is vastly similar and very difficult to overlook. They may be trying to emulate Generations with its controls which is to be expected since they're attempted to enhance Modern Sonic's controls, but the level design is nothing like Generations. Generations was reliant on understanding the level design and clever timing of boost/jumps and had more diverse elements in its platforming. No way in hell does it resemble Generations more outside of controls, that's just baffling.

I'm really not sure there's much difference between Colors and Generations at all, thinking about it now. Generations 2D platforming makes me think of modern Sky Sanctuary, and that doesn't seem all that different from what we've got, honestly. And I'll admit there's not much 3D platforming yet (not that there won't be) but I never found it as deep in Generations as you apparently did. It was about as """"generic"""" as Colors usually, there was just more of it. I don't think I consider being able to slingshot yourself over stuff with the boost platforming anyway, and it's not like you couldn't do that in Colors.

1 hour ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

Those scores can be used and have been used to connote certain words such as "good" and "great" that we would attach to the quality of a game. Me claiming that Forces is "good enough" to be a 7 would literally be no different than claiming that Forces is "good enough" to be decent and there's nothing inherently wrong when stating this. When I said that I wanted it to be "good enough" to be an 8-9/10, I implicitly asserted that I wanted it to be "good enough" to be great or even superb which it should be given the circumstances of its release and the amount of resources that they put into it. They literally developed an entirely new Hedgehog Engine and spent 4 years on this game. Being "good enough" is not enough here. If all they did was add more detailed and dynamic visuals and enhance Modern Sonic's controls without even improving level design and creativity, then it is not "good enough".

Yeah you're really making a mountain out of a molehill here dude, my point is that I liked Generations and Colors, so if it tries and succeeds to be either of those, Forces will probably be good too. I don't really care what you want it to get, that's not my job.