Awoo.

Voice acting legend June Foray has passed away, aged 99.

Big Panda

http://variety.com/2017/tv/people-news/june-foray-dead-dies-rocky-natasha-bullwinkle-1202508180/amp/

The world of cartoon voice acting has lost one of its greatest and longest-enduring.

If you're a newcomer to the animation scene, June became a household name because of her role as the titular squirrel in "The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show" all the way back in 1959.

Her long list of other roles include Ducktales villain Magica De Spell, and Granny of the Looney Tunes (who I'll personally remember her most for).

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E-122-Psi

• Kevin

• Mick

• QuantumEdge

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bummed by this. I grew up hearing her voice and consider her one of my childhood voice actresses. Shame she never got to 100 either. Her VA resume was quite impressive too and is comsidered the female Mel Blanc due to the variety of characters she voiced. RIP June.

She really left behind one hell of a career.  I pretty much grew up listening to her voice as did a lot of people I'm sure.  I know 99 is an impressive number, especially for someone who was still working, but like a lot of people I kinda hoped she'd keep going on and on. 

She had quite a portfolio, and like her co-stars Mel Blanc and Stan Freberg, she kept performing until the very end.

A lingering remainder of the original Golden Age of animation that will be missed.

She had a full life and she accomplished many things in her lifetime.  I was a big fan of her voiceover work.  R.I.P.

A very influential voice indeed, and one that voiced so many iconic voices from my childhood.  She will definitely be missed in the world of animation and in cinema at large.

RIP.

At her age, this day would be inevitable, unfortunately (even missing the big 100! What a shame). But my God, did she leave the world swinging for the fences.

She played many many animated roles, including those that we will remember best from our childhoods. And even at her old age, where it's likely she would have to retire, she continued voice acting until the end. Now that's passion for your work. I'm gonna remember and miss her most as Granny, for sure.

Farewell, June.

RIP

Chuck Jones: "June Foray isn't the female Mel Blanc, but Mel Blanc was the male June Foray."

I was afraid she'd miss the big 100. :( Man was she a living golden era legend that I am PROUD to have grown up with her in this world. Mel died two months after I was born.

I was deeply moved by this when I learned the news this morning, since I like most of us on here, am a big cartoon buff.  Heck, I have seen a memoriam image on FB of June surrounded by many of her roles, and possibly the most obscure one that most people don't realize that she did was Nagaina in Chuck Jones' Jungle Books animation for Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, which I have the pleasure of having a copy on DVD.

15 hours ago, Tailikku said:

I was deeply moved by this when I learned the news this morning, since I like most of us on here, am a big cartoon buff.  Heck, I have seen a memoriam image on FB of June surrounded by many of her roles, and possibly the most obscure one that most people don't realize that she did was Nagaina in Chuck Jones' Jungle Books animation for Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, which I have the pleasure of having a copy on DVD.

Also her first role was Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, however not the Disney version, but during the very tail end of the Walter Lantz retool:

She has made a great contribution in her chosen industry. I hope I can reach the said age, I guess I need to start a healthy lifestyle.