Awoo.

Archie Comic Subscriptions please read.

Badnik Mechanic

12 hours ago, SailorChichi said:

Has anybody else gotten any response? Fourth email for me and still nothing.

I got an email asking if I wanted a refund or store credit. I opted for refund. They said they'd send a check. I've yet to receive it, and that was in early August.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:49 PM, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

I got an email asking if I wanted a refund or store credit. I opted for refund. They said they'd send a check. I've yet to receive it, and that was in early August.

Man they're really dragging their heels with this. I guess they want to keep our money? 

• 1 month later...

Sent a second email on Sunday after months of nothing and finally got a reply yesterday. Things actually worked out for the better, though, as there's a lot more Sonic stuff on their store to choose from now, so once I (hopefully) get my credit applied, I'm scooping up some Sonic trades!

Edit: Got my store credit and ordered my stuff! Nice to be ending my relationship with Archie Comics on a positive note. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, thanks for the reminder to contact them, because I've been a bit less lucky on that front.

Back in August, Archie agreed to mail out a refund to me in "4 to 6 weeks".  Well, the 9 week mark passed last Monday, so I sent Archie another email asking what was up.  It's 9 days later, and still no reply.  Looks like I'll have to try emailing them yet again.

I called them to complain about a month ago, and they said to email again so I did... and got a reply after two months of nothing. I chose the refund cheque which they said would take 6 weeks so I'm still waiting on that. 

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late with this, but I have a bit of an update for anyone still waiting on a refund.  I sent Archie yet another email about it last week, since I'd been waiting for 12 weeks on the "6 week" refund, and they finally got back to me the other day with this:

We do apologize for the wait.  We are currently processing all refund request and handling all responses based on when they were received.  However, we can escalate your request if you are able to receive a refund by Pay Pal.  If so, please provide the email and we will be able to do this right away.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

A bit late with this, but I have a bit of an update for anyone still waiting on a refund.  I sent Archie yet another email about it last week, since I'd been waiting for 12 weeks on the "6 week" refund, and they finally got back to me the other day with this:

Given that they lost the license for Sonic which was probably one of their more popular series, it's possible a lot of people are asking for refunds.

• Thumbs Up 3

48 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

I got that message too. Once I confirmed that I wanted the refund through Paypal, I had it in my account within the hour. HIGHLY recommended you get refunded through Paypal instead of by check.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I got that message too. Once I confirmed that I wanted the refund through Paypal, I had it in my account within the hour. HIGHLY recommended you get refunded through Paypal instead of by check.

It's probably easier that way.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed and called them the other day regarding my 6 week refund that had stretched to 10 weeks. They also did a PayPal refund for me so this is finally done with. Yay!

Oh, maybe I should do this. They sent me an issue of the Mighty Crusaders to help get rid of the rest of the issues I had left for Sonic. 

Will try to give them a call in regards to a refund or something when they're open.

Yeah i remember someone here received this answer, maybe they changed their policies for Sonic refunds since many subscribers aren't really interested in any of their other series.

What do you think is the probability of guys not yet asked for refunds getting moved into Cosmo sooner or later? :huh:

This just came to me few days ago...

It's a possibility, maybe archie will send an e-mail with this proposal, since it's by the "Sonic Team", we won't have to wait much to know, Cosmo launches early January right?

4 hours ago, NikoS said:

It's a possibility, maybe archie will send an e-mail with this proposal, since it's by the "Sonic Team", we won't have to wait much to know, Cosmo launches early January right?

Nah, doing stuff in secrecy seems to be more in Archie's genes than telling to anybody before it happens. :D(Stuff like this is done by some other publishers too, mind you, I'm still sour to Sanoma for that Uncle Scrooge -> DuckTales switch...)

Though it could be possible, who knows. I just hope they tell about it before they pull it if they'll pull it or they'll get some shouting alright...

• Thumbs Up 1

Are they legally able to cancel the comic, and take our money, but when we ask for a refund, they give us a considerably less amount of money back?

It strikes me as unlikely, and indeed the whole subscriptions and refund saga has always had the appearance of Archie desperately trying to ignore its legal obligations.  I imagine the idea is that it's not financially worth it to anyone to look into the matter with a legal professional.

Like several others here, I got a Mighty Crusaders comic in the mail the other day, despite having received a monetary refund already. More curiously, the sticker says I have a year's worth of issues coming to me.

So...refund AND free subscription? Guess I'll find out around this time next month.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Like several others here, I got a Mighty Crusaders comic in the mail the other day, despite having received a monetary refund already. More curiously, the sticker says I have a year's worth of issues coming to me.

So...refund AND free subscription? Guess I'll find out around this time next month.

If that is ture, then maybe Archie want to make up for having to wait 6 months to hear about the cancellation; plus, Mighty Crusaders is written by Ian as well, so maybe they think comics fans will like it.

26 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Might be worth checking your statements in the coming months to make sure they didn't just screw you.

I feel like they should at the very least fully refund your subscriptions, not just attempt to take your money, or attempt to give you quite a bit less amount of money in in-store credit...

• Thumbs Up 1