Awoo.

New Sonic Mania Music Revealed - Stardust Speedway.

Ratcicle King

I love this take on Stardust Speedway! I love how it is arranged, and how it sounds a bit funky, for a lack of a better word. I think I will listen to it again.

Wow this sounds very different and it's for act1! I can hear JP Bad-future music from Sonic CD but none of the other time periods.

It's kind of relaxing.

It's nice but feels too slow for Stardust Speedway. It will probably sound better/fit better when you actually play through the zone.

Definitely did not expect this kind of take for Act 1(!) of Stardust Speedway, it barely sounds like the original Stardust Speedway, compared to Act 1 of other zones that sounded similar, but improved with more instruments. I really like it. Might be a little bit too slow for me, but I still really like it.

It's really nice, albeit a little slow.

Can we have some of the US soundtrack representation though? Please? Or at least the Good Future, because it's miles better than the JP Good Future?

That "Yeah" voice looping over and over is pissing me off to no end ugh. But the whole track is amazing. It's smoooooooooth. I love it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like some slow love making music

And I'm glad it's way different. I hate barely changed remixes

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

This is the stuff!! Oh yeah really loving it! Adding it among the my fave official Sonic music. :^D

Oh, wow, that's fantastic. This has to be my favorite version of Stardust Speedway of all.

I love the slower more chill vibes from the song. Makes me think Tidal Tempest or Aquatic Mines.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's just me or someone else think that they just choice SSZ past because of the music conflict (USA vs. JPN/EUR)? After thinking on this I don't know if SSZ will have other times and/or time travels.

The closest thing I can liken this hot take on Stardust Speedway to is "magic."

Tee Lopes, you absolute friggin' legend.

This games soundtrack continues to be amazing. Can't wait till it comes out. 

1 minute ago, Solister said:

It's just me or someone else think that they just choice SSZ past because of the music conflict (USA vs. JPN/EUR)? After thinking on this I don't know if SSZ will have other times and/or time travels.

Yes, I was just thinking about what this implies for other time periods - and if they avoided touching certain Sonic 3 stages because of the legal issues related to music there, they may have had similar qualms about taking a stand on the competing non-Past soundtracks of CD.  They've labelled this with an unambiguous "Act 1," so I don't think we're getting any dramatic implementations of time-travel here - but I recall Iizuka hinting in a Famitsu article that there would be some suggestion of it, so I think Act 2 may well be quite different.

To approach it from another angle, though...  I was thinking about this the other day, and I wondered if Stardust Speedway Past might be one of the less-encountered parts of the game.  Playing the game normally, you will encounter Present and Bad Future by default, and if you get all the Time Stones, you can get Good Future by default, so you could theoretically never encounter Stardust Speedway Past (though I admit it's unlikely).  Perhaps they felt it needed more representation, where Present and Bad Future get all the attention - or perhaps they just felt it was more interesting.

Very different remix, though; a bold choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FFWF said:

Yes, I was just thinking about what this implies for other time periods - and if they avoided touching certain Sonic 3 stages because of the legal issues related to music there, they may have had similar qualms about taking a stand on the competing non-Past soundtracks of CD.

I don't think it's Sonic 3-levels of complicated. After all, they did remix the US Bad Future theme for Generations before!

And it's like you mentioned, Act 2 could be a real wild card if they do incorporate time travel between the two areas – maybe we could be seeing a mish-mash of sorts between the US/JP themes for its music the further we go into the Future?

That said the boss cannot not be Metal Sonic. I need me some JP Bad Future remix goodness.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm jamming out to this in my car while taking a delivery it's so good Jesus Christ.

I'm guessing that Act 1 will be exclusively Past and Act 2 is only gonna cover one of the Futures. (Most likely Bad for thematic purposes)

I really wanna hold out hope for Metal Sonic's return, but IIRC, Christian or someone on similar footing for this game said months ago that the only major characters appearing are the main trio and Eggman. Not to mention it'd be a bit odd for Eggman to have the Hard-Boiled Heavies as his Dragons and demote Metal to one boss fight. My guess is that the Act 2 boss will be a remake of the Metal Sonic race without Metal Sonic himself- just you running away from Eggman's instant-death laser whilst traversing an obstacle course.

Literally the only bad thing that comes to mind about this track is that since it doesn't have a proper ending and just fades out, it's essentially confirmed to not be on the vinyl release when holy christ it really, really should

Other than that though, this is literally perfect in every way

Relax to the mellow funks of the past as Sonic and friends return to Little Planet's firefly-lit marble cityscape. But things aren't so simple as fauna has grown rather lush.

Man this is good. It's giving me jungle vibes.

• Thumbs Up 1