Awoo.

New Sonic Mania Music Revealed - Stardust Speedway.

Ratcicle King

Really liking the song. I do miss the HUEHUEHUEHUE though, that was one of my favorite parts of Stardust Speedway!

gbuifjdgoinfg i love sonic music so much... slay me dads and/or moms.

This is what happens when you rely on young, hip, fresh employees who have an actual drive and reason to care about the franchise.

It's not about being a job, it's about being a d@%n fan of the product you're working on. Quite literally loving what you're part of.

Mania isn't a paycheck, it's a passion, and the reason Sonic Team will never be anywhere near Whitehead Team's level.

Now excuse me as I bob my head while flinging salt along the street.

Chipmunk-Strut.gif

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

He continues to prove how versatile he is and why he's a major music master.

That remix is SO good. Really relaxing with that funky/dance-like jam. :heart:

47 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

How about a mash-up with the Fresh Prince:

Wh–––IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A DAY.

Why am I even surprised.

EDIT: Tee Lopes you fiend!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 3
  • Chuckle 3

This track is the most obvious example of Falk's input as a sound mixer for this game--this sits perfectly with the compositions Falk composed in his Sonic Before/After the Sequel soundtracks.

Really love the overhauled composition here. The jazz / R&B influences make the track.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not something I can picture myself running to but it's a great remix.

I can, however, see myself playing Sonic 1 easy mode with this in the background.

giphy.gif

Baby making music in my Sonic game? More likely than you'd think.

• Promotion 1

Tee Lopes showing how a sound effect is used on Stardust Speedway:

[OOPS LOOKS LIKE TEE LOPES HAS DELETED THE TWEET.]

It was just a few seconds of a clip where it shows how Tee Lopes used a sound effect to create the beginning of the Act 1 track. I don't know how to describe it properly but it's the clacking sound heard at the very beginning of the track.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Let's not do that, please.

I'll give you this.

Sonic Team proves me wrong, I'll take it back in an instant and apologize.

Until then...

sonic%2Bgif.gif&key=f04936c135088ebf0d55

You know what Sonic Say's.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a necessity for new staff, there's only hurt feelings of those who like them. And to those who like them, to YOU I apologize here and now.

And I'd say they've been really hit-or-miss here lately with music @Meta77.

Lost World wasn't very "Sonic" to me, and Forces is trying to be CD/R but not so well.

They're good at music, but their talent at "Sonic" music is lacking/failing the past few games.

Not even Colors has anything I can/care to remember save Reach for the Stars. Nothing stands out as well as it used to.

Everything in Mania however, yeah, every single track has hit the notes near, if not perfectly. I'll be listening to every stage for MANY years to come.

Holy shit this track is beautiful.

Not what I was expecting but it's really a pleasant surprise.

Funny how this feels like one of the less Sonic CD-y tracks in Sonic Mania even though Stardust Speedway is from that game.

13 hours ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

That "Yeah" voice looping over and over is pissing me off to no end ugh. But the whole track is amazing. It's smoooooooooth. I love it. 

These are my thoughts on it, basically. I love the direction he decided to take with the track (a slower R&B type of feel), but that "ye-eaaah" sample gets used too much throughout it. Its a good sample, but there were parts where I had wished he would've let the instrumentals stand on their own.

• Promotion 1

Yeah, I think the "yeee-ah" could be used less, not that I find it annoying atm since the whole track is great, but I can see it getting repetitive for some. Nonetheless, I really enjoy that track.

Damnnnnnnnnnn that's smooth as butter. considering all the other rearranged tracks sound so familiar to their original tracks, this was very unexpected and surprising.

But hey that's not a bad thing at all. (This might now be my favorite of the rearranged tracks.) now excuse me, I'm gonna chill to this.

SonicRelaxing.gif.6132d4dc70ba39825f7c1a96ce18c633.gif

For comparison's sake to the original Stardust Speedway Past?

Still remarkably relaxed compared to the other time zones', but there's still a faster and more energetic pace to it compared to the more calming tones of Mania's Act 1.

It's not a bad thing, really - the new version is like a Little Planet that was allowed to evolve and flourish on its own terms without Eggman's interference. I like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really like the music, gives it a relaxing feeling, and it feels like you're walking through the night sky, it kinda fits the enviroment though, now we wait and see what act 2 will sound like.

19 hours ago, YuTwo said:

On 7/31/2017 at 4:34 PM, Jeffhog said:

Wh–––IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A DAY.

Why am I even surprised.

EDIT: Tee Lopes you fiend!

Why is the Huehuehueh in a coffin?

Edited by A wreaking havoc engine

This is going to be another song I'll be listening to a lot in the evening. Sounds pretty nice.

This remix goes against Stardust Speedway's concept: speed. The song is slow, relaxing... I freaking love it, but what REALLY got my attention is the fact that Tee made it really slow paced, as if the Mania's SSZ is now platforming heavy instead of automation and speed. My heart is open. Can't wait to see more and know more about this zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see act 2 music going really fast. Maybe this one is slow for contrast.

13 days left :_)

EDIT: btw, I'm SO MUCH looking forward to seeing the Metal Sonic race reimagination. It must be really crazy.

• Thumbs Up 1