Awoo.

Sonic Forces Day One Edition Being Listed By European Retailers

Zippo

Didn't see a thread for this. 

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-sonic-forces-day-one-edition-to-feature-avatar-costumes-from-jet-set-radio-nights-more/

Some online European retailers are apparently listing a day one edition of Sonic Forces:

"As for what’s included, you’ll receive costume DLC for the custom avatar. Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS into Dreams, Super Monkey Ball, and Puyo Puyo Tetris will be represented. Two other franchises will be featured as well. Four postcards with concept art from the game are also included."

I'm guessing this was planned to be announced soon but retailers spoiled the announcement a little early. 

Sega seems to like these Day 1 editions. A bunch of their more recent games have gone this route, offering a wide range of goodies from soundtracks to pins.

They have been falling back on them quite heavily. Normally, its more of a "first print" edition though. You can almost always find them sitting on store shelves a week or two after release (until they exhaust their stock and order more).

I cant really bring myself to care, the inclusion of such characters in spin off games like Riders is jarring enough, but to have constumes of them in forces...

2 hours ago, Feyd said:

I cant really bring myself to care, the inclusion of such characters in spin off games like Riders is jarring enough, but to have constumes of them in forces...

I don't see much problem with it to be honest, though I wish they were costumes for the sonic instead since I can't see myself caring enough about the custom character to mess with it.

They remember NiGHTS exists?

Image result for crying happiness

Why do you bring me to this point SEGA? Why?

• Thumbs Up 1

Purchasable DLC costumes you can only use in 1/3rd of the game. On a mediocre gameplay style. On a character you don't care about. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

It can't be any worse than Lost World's day one DLC of NiGHTS skins for bosses and 25 extra lives.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is the most interested I've been in the game for a while, lol. I'm always happy to see some love, however small, for classic Sega IP.

I don't know that it'll push me to pre-order, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, Hottub said:

Purchasable DLC costumes you can only use in 1/3rd of the game

Y'know that is one thing that Sega is usually pretty good about. They don't turn around and sell you the pre-order bonuses.

I can't recall ever being able to buy the carnival night DLC for Gens, nor the content found in the premium edition (what was it, the Deadly six edition) of Lost World. Not that I ever looked, but I don't recall having access to the Boom neon-glow models through anything other than a pre-order.

so yeah... there is that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since it's nothing that really enhances the game in any sort of way like an exclusive level, I can't really say that I'm interested in this at all. Actually, the fact that they're doing this tells me exactly what their main focus is. Not Modern Sonic, but the OC which is very disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

They remember NiGHTS exists?

Image result for crying happiness

Why do you bring me to this point SEGA? Why?

Mmm...

Tears? I'd only weep if the DLC was for Sonic to wear. The whole Custom Character concept should have been used on Sonic himself, let you customize him how you like.

Didn't need a custom character for that, Sonic can wear things just fine.

But hey.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then just make your character look like Sonic. They said you can do that, so do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Then just make your character look like Sonic. They said you can do that, so do it.

Okay, thus making the Character Creator all the more pointless, it's literally Modern Sonicx2 then.

It's great to have SEGA honoring past IP's, but I'd be happier having the content available for Sonic himself, not for a feature in a game I and many already care little to nothing for.

Sonic dashing around looking like a jester? Sweet. Sonic getting Jet Set all over a burning city? Awesome.

That's more appealing to me. And I'd assume many. Give everyone the ability to do with Sonic only folks mod savvy are capable of.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Okay, thus making the Character Creator all the more pointless, it's literally Modern Sonicx2 then.

Except, get this -- maybe not everyone is going to do that. That's why it gives you a choice.

Just now, Shaddy the guy said:

Except, get this -- maybe not everyone is going to do that. That's why it gives you a choice.

Okay then, what's your point in this that being the case?

It's not pointless for a character creator existing if people are actually going to use it, it's just going to be you deciding on your own to use it in a pointless way.

It's like if I played Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and created a character who looked exactly like Piccolo and then said, "if I can just make it look like Piccolo, why even include a character creator?" while everyone else was busy making their own characters.

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

It's not pointless for a character creator existing if people are actually going to use it, it's just going to be you deciding on your own to use it in a pointless way.

saitanic_by_em_bani-db38u45.png

And thus it's pointless.

It's either pointless on a personal level, or it's pointless because players will just play as a "copy" of Sonic and/or favorite characters anyways, so even when used, it's in a pointless manner.

Folks will want to make the OC's look like other pre-existing Sonic characters in general, so having the characters yammering at you during stages as playable would have been the more sensible option in the first place...

And better yet...

All the playable characters could have been customizable, play as who you love while wearing what you love.

But hey, it's good ol SEGA-Sense.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

<dumb reaction image>

And thus it's pointless.

It's either pointless on a personal level,

This is the only type or pointless that it is.

or it's pointless because players will just play as a "copy" of Sonic and/or favorite characters anyways, so even when used, it's in a pointless manner.

Folks will want to make the OC's look like other pre-existing Sonic characters in general, so having the characters yammering at you during stages as playable would have been the more sensible option in the first place...

And your source on this is...nothing and nobody? I know I'm not creating a character just to make it look like an existing character. I know a couple people are just in it for making meme OCs. But me personally? I'm gonna go with what I think looks good. Please speak for yourself instead or trying to speak for everyone.

And better yet...

All the playable characters could have been customizable, play as who you love while wearing what you love.

But hey, it's good ol completely shallow buzzword that's never going to catch on

Except then, it'd kinda undermine the idea of creating a character yourself. Hell, fuck with things right, and you could make Sonic identical to your player avatar. WHOOPS, guess that means Sonic shouldn't be in his own game, right?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 2

11 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

This is the only type or pointless that it is.

And your source on this is...nothing and nobody? I know I'm not creating a character just to make it look like an existing character. I know a couple people are just in it for making meme OCs. But me personally? I'm gonna go with what I think looks good. Please speak for yourself instead or trying to speak for everyone.

Except then, it'd kinda undermine the idea of creating a character yourself. Hell, fuck with things right, and you could make Sonic identical to your player avatar. WHOOPS, guess that means Sonic shouldn't be in his own game, right?

Kudos for you defending the feature, but my points still stand. perhaps yours do as well, though in the end both sides pointed towards how it's pointless.

I'm not speaking for everyone, I'm specifically saying things like I, many, etc. It's nice to see one person sticking up for it though, I suppose. Whoever else wants to, feel free, it would be great to see more people, crowds even, coming in to defend and herald Forces.

Customizing both Sonic and other characters that could've been made playable makes more sense, it's taking who you already love and adding more onto their character by letting them dress in whatever way you love, instead of having to toy around with some random custom character feature out of nowhere that took time and budget better spent on the stages and Sonic and co. instead.

You've got a parade of unplayable cast, thrown into supportive territory in favor of self-insert features. It might have been a cool idea 10/20 years ago, but today more want other playable characters than they want to insert themselves.

It might be different in territories overseas, but that's how I see the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, rosedust said:

This is literally gonna be my OC lol.

sceneamy.png

Case in point. It would have been an AWESOME idea to put Sonic and the others in the game and allow players to customize how THEY look.

It's annoying to have this custom character feature in the game with all these features and know you can't do anything to customize either version of Sonic in the same way.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Case in point. It would have been an AWESOME idea to put Sonic and the others in the game and allow players to customize how THEY look.

It's annoying to have this custom character feature in the game with all these features and know you can't do anything to customize either version of Sonic in the same way.

True, but how could I pass up seeing revolutionary OCs like this in Forces?

coldsteel.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, rosedust said:

True, but how could I pass up seeing OCs like this in Forces?

coldsteel.jpg

I'll pass in favor of being able to do this.

sonic__the_hedgehog__redesign__by_nanche

• Thumbs Up 2