Awoo.

Sonic Forces Day One Edition Being Listed By European Retailers

Zippo

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'll pass in favor of being able to do this.

sonic__the_hedgehog__redesign__by_nanche

psssh...nothing personnel...kid...

5 minutes ago, rosedust said:

psssh...nothing personnel...kid...

Here's another "custom" idea.

Suppose this DLC was an exclusive outfit for a particular character...

emerl_redesign_by_zeiram0034.jpg

SEGA could pull a Metroid and make Gmerl armor available just for Amy/Blaze/Rouge.

You could have Rouge's wings pop out from the "backpack" looking object on the suits back as an idea.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Here's another "custom" idea.

Suppose this DLC was an exclusive outfit for a particular character...

emerl_redesign_by_zeiram0034.jpg

SEGA could pull a Metroid and make Gmerl armor available just for Amy/Blaze/Rouge.

You could have Rouge's wings pop out from the "backpack" looking object on the suits back as an idea.

I really, really, really, wish we had more playable characters. That's why I got into Sonic. I adored the different playstyles, when I was young I thought Sonic 2006 was the coolest game ever lol. I just don't think it's gonna happen because of the fact that fans get mad and critics get mad when they add this kind of stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, rosedust said:

I really, really, really, wish we had more playable characters. That's why I got into Sonic. I adored the different playstyles, when I was young I thought Sonic 2006 was the coolest game ever lol. I just don't think it's gonna happen because of the fact that fans get mad and critics get mad when they add this kind of stuff.

That's the same way many, if not POSSIBLY most are feeling nowadays.

I'm not saying the custom idea was pointless and/or a waste, the custom CHARACTER idea is that restricted making you look how you wanted to THAT character only and pushed countless characters in the game into the sidelines as yammering sidekicks.

I'd love to customize Sonic and co. and I'd love to have other playable characters, I have no desire to "Insert Myself" after being so long with nobody but Sonic and that's a feeling shared by quite a few numbers.

That's why I said, some 10-20 years ago it would have been fine, everybody was part of the franchise, we were getting great new characters left and right and the world was always building, so having the ability to insert yourself alongside all the other playable/important cast would have been great, but going through a whole game with a mute Sonic and an endlessly talking Sonic is both dull and awkward when you yourself will be mute too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

That's the same way many, if not POSSIBLY most are feeling nowadays.

I'm not saying the custom idea was pointless and/or a waste, the custom CHARACTER idea is that restricted making you look how you wanted to THAT character only and pushed countless characters in the game into the sidelines as yammering sidekicks.

I'd love to customize Sonic and co. and I'd love to have other playable characters, I have no desire to "Insert Myself" after being so long with nobody but Sonic and that's a feeling shared by quite a few numbers.

That's why I said, some 10-20 years ago it would have been fine, everybody was part of the franchise, we were getting great new characters left and right and the world was always building, so having the ability to insert yourself alongside all the other playable/important cast would have been great, but going through a whole game with a mute Sonic and an endlessly talking Sonic is both dull and awkward when you yourself will be mute too.

So true. I'd kill to play as Amy with an actual decent playstyle (and decent amount of playtime) that doesn't make her slow and put her on "Easy" all time.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Kudos for you defending the feature, but my points still stand. perhaps yours do as well, though in the end both sides pointed towards how it's pointless.

No...no they didn't. You just said they did, nothing points toward that at all.

I'm not speaking for everyone, I'm specifically saying things like I, many, etc.

Yes, AKA trying to speak for people that aren't you. You're trying to imply that more people are behind you than there actually are because you're trying that hard to tell me I'm wrong. Stop it.

It's nice to see one person sticking up for it though, I suppose. Whoever else wants to, feel free, it would be great to see more people, crowds even, coming in to defend and herald Forces.

...Are you blind? Do you honestly seriously think I'm the only person who doesn't hate this thing?

Customizing both Sonic and other characters that could've been made playable makes more sense, it's taking who you already love and adding more onto their character by letting them dress in whatever way you love, instead of having to toy around with some random custom character feature out of nowhere that took time and budget better spent on the stages and Sonic and co. instead.

Listen, just because you want to dress existing characters in waifu outfits doesn't make the custom avatar pointless. Also --

budget

mdFWGv6.png

You have no idea how budgeting games works. The level designers aren't the same people who designed the character creator, stop trying to push this bullshit.

You've got a parade of unplayable cast, thrown into supportive territory in favor of self-insert features. It might have been a cool idea 10/20 years ago, but today more want other playable characters than they want to insert themselves.

You know there are tons of games with a lot of characters, and the only one you play as is your own creation, right? It's not actually a new thing, nor is it a bad thing simply for it to exist.

It might be different in territories overseas, but that's how I see the situation.

I feel sorry for your optometrist.

Listen, I want to play as Tails and Knuckles as much as everyone else, but as of right now I can't, but that's not going to make me delude myself with "LEMME JUST CURRATE A NEW TELLLSSS" in this game's particular one-time gimmick that we're never going to see again. You can feel free to do so, I don't really care, but don't pretend everyone thinks a thing is pointless just because you want to use it in the wrong way. I could shove a cheese grater up my ass and say "I don't see what anyone thinks this is supposed to be used for!" and is that going to be something to blame on others?

Well, this is a Forces thread alright.

I like the sound of the DLC. Day One editions seem pretty easy to get too.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Yes, AKA trying to speak for people that aren't you. You're trying to imply that more people are behind you than there actually are because you're trying that hard to tell me I'm wrong. Stop it.

giphy.gif

That's how a conversation with you works? I'm speaking for myself, and if there are people who agree with my stances yet say nothing, then I suppose yes, those would be the people I'm speaking for, intentionally or no. Any and everyone is welcome to speak in opposition to my stances and/or share similar stances in their own manner.

...Are you blind? Do you honestly seriously think I'm the only person who doesn't hate this thing?

I never said you were the only one who doesn't.

Listen, just because you want to dress existing characters in waifu outfits doesn't make the custom avatar pointless. Also --

Wanting to use a custom feature in a way I feel is more sensible results in you devolving to insult territory? You're not so hot at expressing opposing stances.

You have no idea how budgeting games works. The level designers aren't the same people who designed the character creator, stop trying to push this bullshit.

I really don't, no. I'm just assuming where things are being spent the most in both funding and time going by what we've seen in the game. Profanity doesn't do anything for your side, save add to devolution.

You know there are tons of games with a lot of characters, and the only one you play as is your own creation, right? It's not actually a new thing, nor is it a bad thing simply for it to exist.

True, but by and large those are shooters, racers, and fighting type titles that offer an overabundance of characters to pick from on top of your own, Sonic is not in a position likely anywhere near most titles that have both a custom character feature and playable cast alongside it. The implementation and depth/options are very different.

I feel sorry for your optometrist.

More devolution.

Listen, I want to play as Tails and Knuckles as much as everyone else, but as of right now I can't, I could shove a cheese grater up my ass and say "I don't see what anyone thinks this is supposed to be used for!" and is that going to be something to blame on others?

I agree with you on this, and it's a shame we can't.

in this game's particular one-time gimmick that we're never going to see again.

I hope we DO see the custom feature again, for Sonic and co. and not for some custom character.

don't pretend everyone thinks a thing is pointless just because you want to use it in the wrong way.

I'm not pretending anything, I'm speaking on both my own stances and the opinions of many I've seen posted, here and beyond. I don't see my method of using customization as being somehow wrong, though you're speaking about a part of the conversation that moved on beyond you and with another member so maybe you're going off some specific portions of what I was saying, not too sure there.

I could shove a cheese grater up my ass and say "I don't see what anyone thinks this is supposed to be used for!" and is that going to be something to blame on others?

nope1.gif

• Nice Smile 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I never said you were the only one who doesn't.

5 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's nice to see one person sticking up for it though, I suppose.

Um

Wanting to use a custom feature in a way I feel is more sensible results in you devolving to insult territory? You're not so hot at expressing opposing stances.

What I'm saying is that you're trying to claim it's pointless based on it being different from what you personally prefer, instead of judging it's ability regarding the actual intent of the system. Again, it's like claiming a toaster is useless because it fails at being a fridge.

I really don't, no. I'm just assuming where things are being spent the most in both funding and time going by what we've seen in the game.

Well that's...really a bad practice? It's annoying enough in things like anime where any show with production issues is "BUDGETING PROBLEMS LOOOL" to the community, but I cannot fathom how you would claim the level design is worse because the "budget" went to the avatar system. I don't know much about game development, but I do know that

A. Sonic Team's staff have specific jobs. There are level designers, there are programmers for mechanics, and they're not the same people (well, not many of them, at the very least)

B. Good design has no budget. Do you know how many great games are designed and worked on for years and then put out for free?

True, but by and large those are shooters, racers, and fighting type titles that offer an overabundance of characters to pick from on top of your own, Sonic is not in a position likely anywhere near most titles that have both a custom character feature and playable cast alongside it. The implementation and depth/options are very different.

Uh, no? I literally just said that tons of games have you only play as the character you create. Skyrim, Fallout, Dark Souls. There's three AAA examples right there. I have more, too.

19 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I hope we DO see the custom feature again, for Sonic and co. and not for some custom character.

Really? I'd much rather they focus on interesting levels, refining Sonic's control, and making the game more enjoyable.

19 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm not pretending anything, I'm speaking on both my own stances and the opinions of many I've seen posted, here and beyond. I don't see my method of using customization as being somehow wrong, though you're speaking about a part of the conversation that moved on beyond you and with another member so maybe you're going off some specific portions of what I was saying, not too sure there.

Ok so this bit kinda just says "no u" and some semantics so it seems like you've misinterpreted what I'm saying here.

My problem, is that you're claiming the character creator is pointless, because you can just make your character look like Sonic, even though you just said you're going to do that, and you're acting like that's the only thing people are going to do. You keep saying "many" and "most" agree with you, and claim that I'm some outlier because I'm not doing it. If you want to make it look like Sonic, make it look like Sonic. Do you really consider being given the option a negative? I don't understand this logic and the constant smug tone and bookending reaction images make it awkward trying to extract the actual point of what you're saying.

1 hour ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Um

Dude, just don't even bother. Just ignore engaging him like most other people here do. 

On topic: 

I don't see the harm in this. Making references to dormant, beloved franchises is always nice to me. Jet Set Radio anything makes me excited. 

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Jet Set Radio anything makes me excited. 

Beat the Hedgehog Confirmed.

FFFFFFFU--

:lol:

Seriously though, I wonder if any of the equip-ables are more than fancy ornaments. It'd be cool if a pair of Shadow rocket skates would cause your character to glide like Shadow in lieu of running, or equipping a character specific pair of footwear would have you mimic their running stance. Emerl set the groundwork for that. Not only could he copy attacks, but he could copy the ways a character moved. Jumps, runs, even their battle stances. The avatar could be a natural extension of that. Might not work for every character (lol tails) but I think thats a pretty cool way to show some love to the extended cast.

There are lots of little things they can do to amp up the endearment of the CaC. Have Vector Necklace unlock one of his signature victory poses. Make some of the gear throwbacks, like Sonic Riders outfits or Boom sports tape. Make Sonic call you a faker for wearing his sneakers. There is a lot of fun to be had in there if they put their minds to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

Dude, just don't even bother. Just ignore engaging him like most other people here do.

856.gif

There's many who speak with me. Many enjoy it, many don't. No different than any other person. Try not to bring your own personal two-cents into it.

Be better than that.

5 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

My problem, is that you're claiming the character creator is pointless, because you can just make your character look like Sonic, even though you just said you're going to do that, and you're acting like that's the only thing people are going to do. You keep saying "many" and "most" agree with you, and claim that I'm some outlier because I'm not doing it. If you want to make it look like Sonic, make it look like Sonic. Do you really consider being given the option a negative? I don't understand this logic and the constant smug tone and bookending reaction images make it awkward trying to extract the actual point of what you're saying.

I never mentioned making my character look like Sonic here, my complaints revolve entirely around wanting to customize Sonic and the existing cast in different outfits, a way of emphasizing the whole rebel theme if you will using them, in favor of a "self-insert" character as the only thing you can customize. I really don't care how well other franchises do it, I don't care that they do it period really, my point is how I'd see it better implemented in a Sonic title.

Saying "but those guys do it" essentially as your argument doesn't really do much to sway my thoughts/points in this when you consider it really doesn't seem like they're doing it as well as who you mentioned, and not only are they not doing it as well, it's using a concept to pull it off that has generally been more of a "why?" and "where are the others?" issue more than anything.

Believe me, it's great that you're supporting it. I support you for doing so and I do respect you for it, whether you believe that or not. I stand by what I said in that I wish Forces could be universally heralded, on par with, if not much more-so than Mania, if it could be the game to do everything to put Sonic back where he was in the past, I'd be thrilled. But it's too polarizing, and I'm just one of those in the group who's more louder than others I suppose at expressing issues with it.

I see new things revealed, and I ask "Why not just use that for Sonic and co.?" and there's nothing wrong with that, the same as there's nothing wrong with you getting a kick out of the new self-insert character. To be honest, if the self-insert character was optional and you could just play as Sonic and co. in the same stages while using the same customizing features made exclusive for the self-insert portion of the game, I wouldn't be here complaining and defending my stance like this.

I'll say I apologize for stating my thoughts in a manner that bothered you, that's just how I do it. The same as you. Some of your wording wasn't the best, but I still respect your end of the argument because that's how you do things.

I'm also not claiming you're anything. There are people on both sides of the fence for and against Forces, or rather various aspects of it, and the custom character is simply the most polarizing thing about the game. It's going to raise eyebrows and get feathers ruffled no matter what the topic or who is involved in the discussion. It's far from limited solely to discussion with me. I apologize for making you feel cast out in any way as well.

• Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

856.gif

There's many who speak with me. Many enjoy it, many don't. No different than any other person. Try not to bring your own personal two-cents into it.

Be better than that.

This is coming from the same person that said it was "okay" to be rude to game developers for no reason. Learn how to take your own advice.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

This is coming from the same person that said it was "okay" to be rude to game developers for no reason. Learn how to take your own advice.

I will critique them of course, and in doing so I don't sugar-coat my thoughts/feelings about what's going on. Being blunt/honest isn't always the preferred thing to see, no, but it's certainly better than faking things and/or being dishonest.

Respect one another in these forums is my point, know when to apologize, as I have already.

• Nice Smile 1

25 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I never mentioned making my character look like Sonic here, my complaints revolve entirely around wanting to customize Sonic and the existing cast in different outfits, a way of emphasizing the whole rebel theme if you will using them, in favor of a "self-insert" character as the only thing you can customize. I really don't care how well other franchises do it, I don't care that they do it period really, my point is how I'd see it better implemented in a Sonic title.

But what you're asking for isn't the same as what the intent was in the first place. Again, you're trying to critique something for a different reason than it was ever created and I don't consider that fair.

Saying "but those guys do it" essentially as your argument doesn't really do much to sway my thoughts/points in this when you consider it really doesn't seem like they're doing it as well as who you mentioned, and not only are they not doing it as well, it's using a concept to pull it off that has generally been more of a "why?" and "where are the others?" issue more than anything.

And that's a common problem people have with this thing, but I'm talking specifics here, not overall. You said it was uncommon for things like this to happen in a game, and I listed clear examples of exactly this mechanic implemented similarly in other titles that people like.

Believe me, it's great that you're supporting it. I support you for doing so and I do respect you for it, whether you believe that or not.

And the reason I never do believe you is this air of patronizing and smugness. I don't need constant reassurance that I'm respected or supported, nobody does. You reiterate over and over how valiant it is to defend something or whatever while at the same time calling it a terrible game and calling the developers idiots. You act like respect is some big important thing that everyone deserves all the time but only decide to give some out when someone challenges your ability to do so, and I don't agree with that. I feel like you should just, y'know, make a decision and stick with it. It's much easier to talk to someone who's consistently angry and vulgar or consistently nice and agreeable, if you ask me.

I see new things revealed, and I ask "Why not just use that for Sonic and co.?" and there's nothing wrong with that, the same as there's nothing wrong with you getting a kick out of the new self-insert character. To be honest, if the self-insert character was optional and you could just play as Sonic and co. in the same stages while using the same customizing features made exclusive for the self-insert portion of the game, I wouldn't be here complaining and defending my stance like this.

And that's fine, all I'm saying is that while that's a question that can be asked, won't it be better to focus on what we've already got than what we have? Like, we're most definitely stuck with the thing for this game and that's probably about it, so why focus on the "what ifs" that simply won't?

I'm also not claiming you're anything. There are people on both sides of the fence for and against Forces, or rather various aspects of it, and the custom character is simply the most polarizing thing about the game. It's going to raise eyebrows and get feathers ruffled no matter what the topic or who is involved in the discussion. It's far from limited solely to discussion with me.

I never said anything against that. I just don't like when people say "most people believe x" when there's no direct source on who or how many do. If anything, it could be a vocal minority. That seems to be a constant in niche fanbases like ours.

I apologize for making you feel cast out in any way as well.

I didn't. I just don't enjoy being treated like I am.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

But what you're asking for isn't the same as what the intent was in the first place. Again, you're trying to critique something for a different reason than it was ever created and I don't consider that fair.

And that's a common problem people have with this thing, but I'm talking specifics here, not overall. You said it was uncommon for things like this to happen in a game, and I listed clear examples of exactly this mechanic implemented similarly in other titles that people like.

And the reason I never do believe you is this air of patronizing and smugness. I don't need constant reassurance that I'm respected or supported, nobody does. You reiterate over and over how valiant it is to defend something or whatever while at the same time calling it a terrible game and calling the developers idiots. You act like respect is some big important thing that everyone deserves all the time but only decide to give some out when someone challenges your ability to do so, and I don't agree with that. I feel like you should just, y'know, make a decision and stick with it. It's much easier to talk to someone who's consistently angry and vulgar or consistently nice and agreeable, if you ask me.

And that's fine, all I'm saying is that while that's a question that can be asked, won't it be better to focus on what we've already got than what we have? Like, we're most definitely stuck with the thing for this game and that's probably about it, so why focus on the "what ifs" that simply won't?

I never said anything against that. I just don't like when people say "most people believe x" when there's no direct source on who or how many do. If anything, it could be a vocal minority. That seems to be a constant in niche fanbases like ours.

I didn't. I just don't enjoy being treated like I am.

I do think the game is terrible, yes, nonetheless I do think it's commendable to defend it.

I'm not sure when I've called the develops idiots, at least in this conversation... I'm talking about so many things in various places I don't tend to keep track. Though if I have directly called them that, it had to be for some specific reason/reason's.

Respect is deserved which is why I do my best to avoid profanity and devolving/borderline personal statements towards forum members in my conversations/arguments, in my own way I always try to give this to who I speak with.

I've made a decisions on my stances with aspects of Forces and I'm doing just as you stated. I don't pick out who I want to speak with like that either. I talk to everybody whether it's welcome or not on their part. It makes for better conversation/debates by and large. Speaking to purely one or the other is ridiculous, and... Fairly dull.

Speaking with you has actually been interesting for me, fun in its own way.

I can see Sega making some kind of store for the custom character. I know we would not be forced to pay for that, but I still don't like it. 

8 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I will critique them of course, and in doing so I don't sugar-coat my thoughts/feelings about what's going on. Being blunt/honest isn't always the preferred thing to see, no, but it's certainly better than faking things and/or being dishonest.

Respect one another in these forums is my point, know when to apologize, as I have already.

Considering how you, with your perception of how things go, have judged a member's validity based on how many likes they had compared to a moderator, in such an unfair and rude manner, I can confirm that your credibility is NOT the most in check and see where most people are coming from in regards to you, yourself.

• Thumbs Up 3

So why does it bug you so much even if it's not sonic being dressed and some kids makes their character resemble him......so what?

Well, do mind if I butt in...

It would be neat to be able to give accessories to other characters as well (Fire Emblem Fates anyone, even when it wasn't as "nicelooking" as these clothes).

I'd love to have old cast come back as a playable, good thing is I still have games from the times THAT was an option. It seems that's really the only option if there's no DLC skins coming or something...

I do think people should be able to give stuff to all of the characters to make game lag as moch as possible to make everyone's experience as individual and special as possible. I suppose some warring could be avoided by that, but then again, who knows if someone amongst Sega people actually enjoy watching fans having catfights on the Internet over stuff like this...

___

Then again this brings to my mind that time I preordered One Piece Unlimited World Red and got that "Anime Anniversary DLC" and that "Strong World Luffy" stuff for it and as far as I recall those clothes weren't brought in as a purchaseable content afterwards. This kind of preorder bonus isn't really making me to pick any sides just yet... just making me think it's a fanservice of sorts.

And I still liked OPUC more, like the colours, animesque colours aren't as neat as the deep ones in OPUC... <_<

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Considering how you, with your perception of how things go, have judged a member's validity based on how many likes they had compared to a moderator, in such an unfair and rude manner, I can confirm that your credibility is NOT the most in check and see where most people are coming from in regards to you, yourself.

If that's all you've got against me, which is something that has been brought up more than once as what seems to be the single "weapon" worth firing in my direction, which was now quite some time ago and has been moved on from by and large save arrogant reminders from those wishing to drag it up repeatedly as smugly as they can and hold it to me to such a powerful degree and as a result shun me/my thoughts/opinions by and large, then that is your problem, not my own.

Get over it, in short. It's like one day somebody said you had a bad hair day and after that you couldn't help but spit in their direction since the comment. It's petty on your side.

Edit

I will also add that this vibe being echoed/tossed around from various members to instill some sense of unwelcome is ridiculous at best and isn't doing anything for the forums. It really should cease. I welcome criticism but this matter of making it borderline if not blatantly personal and focusing on shunning/shaming one another isn't doing anyone any good. Quite a few new folks have been joining as of late and this is not what they need to see.

11 hours ago, Meta77 said:

So why does it bug you so much even if it's not sonic being dressed and some kids makes their character resemble him......so what?

I really don't care if folks use the feature to make the custom character look like Sonic, my argument revolves around a preference for Sonic and existing cast to have customizable features and playability in favor of the custom character as the solo experience for customization and costing us the playability of the existing cast.

If folks want to make the custom character look like Sonic and/or pre-existing cast, that's fine. My thoughts on it making the custom character pointless doesn't mean I have anything against those who use it in such a manner, it just makes more sense to have characters gamers try to "clone" as playable instead so they don't have to "copy" other characters, they can enjoy playing as the real deal instead.

It's like I said, if we had other characters beyond Sonic as playable and capable of being customized as well, I would have absolutely no issues with the "self insert" character whatsoever. My issue is with the implementation of the feature more than the feature itself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 8/3/2017 at 3:44 PM, Chris Knopps said:

If that's all you've got against me,

It isn't. Plain and simple, I've seen you go too far onto peers quite a bit of times. If it were just one thing, I assure you, the backlash wouldn't be as high as it is. A notable amount of consequence has come out of it too, so don't go trying to mitigate the reality.

You wanna debate, let's debate stuff that makes sense without condescending down to those who call you out on stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

It isn't. Plain and simple, I've seen you go too far onto peers quite a bit of times. If it were just one thing, I assure you, the backlash wouldn't be as high as it is. A notable amount of consequence has come out of it too, so don't go trying to mitigate the reality.

You wanna debate, let's debate stuff that makes sense without condescending down to those who call you out on stuff.

Yes, consequences have occurred. But it's not in your place to make reminders of that, you are not a mod. It is only you and a very small number wanting to make your issues with me drawn out into the open, who want to continue this back and forth on your personal hang ups with how I converse and issues already resolved in the past.

If people/peers I speak with have issues, it is their place to make it known, not yours as well. It's well and good for you to have criticism toward my comments and/or opinions, but it's not your place to lecture/shun to try and cease and/or alter a conversation.