Awoo.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

Meta77

The show is not half bad. The animati9n is not or miss. But lord does this series love hips. I wonder will it have a overall plot or more a ligheaered episode approach

i haven't seen any episodes of this series so far but i was wondering if it was worth watching? i've heard it's good and has good animation.

I played the mobile game of this before the tv show came out. The mobile game was very good which is rare for me to say since generally mobile games sucks. The tv show itself seemed interesting. Though I don't have cable so only online is where I can go.

Fun fact: the main character is played by Stephanie Nadolny, the voice of Kid Goku/Gohan in DB/Z.

Also, the creator of this show was a prominent director on Steven Universe, so the show has a high pedigree.

• 3 months later...

It's cute, first few episodes really hooked me. I'm on 30th and I'm slowly getting hooked-off again. Nice animation, likable characters, but compared to other 2010's whimsy cartoon (Steven/Star Vs Forces of Evil/ Ducktales/ Gravity Falls/Adventure Time/Over the Garden Wall) it's just ok (pun not intended).

The show can be sometimes random in a bad way and lessons really lack in subtlety.

Eh...it’s alright. Unfortunately, it’s not my cup of tea.

really want to give this show a chance, it should’ve been my type of show with the video game/anime influence, but the way the show delivers feels so eh....

My problem with the style and design is that it focuses way way too much on character expressions which makes things kinda distracting imo and if you get past the intentional game/anime design inspirations which I found a great touch for the cast (KO=Goku, Rad=Piccolo, Enid’s=Chun-Li(?) Boxman = N.Gin/Wily) while they seem decent, they just feel...uninteresting to me, not bad characters just...meh, especially considering KO is just another basic “LOL SO CUTE AND HAPPY AND LOVES EVERYTHING” modern protagonist.

There are occasional laughs with the facial expressions and such but the humor just comes across as extremely random to me.

To me, it feels like wasted potential but there’s so much they can do with the gaming influence and it’s definitely there don’t get the wrong idea, but as MSB stated above, it’s just too whimsy and silly for my taste.

It’s not the fitting tone I would imagine for a show with the influence I adore so much.

I dunno, there’s something about this show that just isn’t doing it for me, it’s not my ideal video game/anime influenced show.

If it is for you, great to hear! But for me, maybe next time.

I’ll still watch it time to time though.

• 10 months later...

If anyone hasn't seen the Halloween special yet, I highly recommend doing so. The amount of classic references is just brilliant!

What the hell did they do to the mummy. It's like they kept every girl the same but drastic change on her. Otherwise it's nice to see the girls back. But the classic look will always remain dear to me XD

What impressed me the most about the episode was the amount of love put into the reference. They got most of the surviving original VAs back to play the girls, they referenced the goofy Scrappy rap from the original, and THE CREDITS EVEN USE THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER SHEETS AS THE MOVIE. As someone who used to be a dorky kid without cable who would just rewatch the same old VHS tapes over and over again, it just made me smile a whole lot. I'd never seen a full episode of this until now, but after this, I've definitely gotta check it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a hit or miss. It has that typical thing that most cartoons have which is basically tons of filler.  like you'll be following a huge plot point and they will drop it for awhile before coming back to it way down the line. But if you like thicc characters this show plays on that huge.  I mean hell if phantasma skirt got any shorter I'd dare say it was some crazy fan art episode XD. But its worth looking into I'd you dont mind lots of goofy humor

No joke, I actually forgot I commented here.

I also haven't been keeping up with the show that much at all and it was the sudden attention that it seems to be getting from The Roundtable, Mysterious Mr Enter, Comiccon, and here that's me interested in getting caught up again.

Also, I'm really curious about seeing The Ghoul School girls again after all these years.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

How often does Cosma appear in the series?

Very very little. I think so far 3 times and most of those are literal 39 second "board meetings over webcam moments

Quickly caught up on the show through Hulu and definitely going to be a regular viewer from now on. It's filled with the kind of insanity and nerd references that I love. Also surprised by how much continuity it has and there's some neat ongoing plots.

Also, Wes Weasley from AoStH is totally in this show. Seriously, his VA plays a Director character and he even says "Palsy!"

Considering Bernard seems to have been created with the furry community in mind (not an absurd idea, considering there's a notable furry who works on the show), the fact he considers himself hideous and nobody will ever love him when he's turned human is hilariously meta. It's even better since he's evoking a pretty boy stereotype with his human look.

So dat cross over with loads of CN references.....

And I grinned at Raven trolling the Teen Titans neckbeards XD (Though she behaved more like OG Raven who I do prefer anyways as well as for everyone else no duh)

This probably my favorite current cartoon on the Cartoon Network. I seen almost every episode and it manages to make me laugh which is really hard. I remember playing the OK KO mobile game before the tv show came.

I liked that TKO episode with Dendy being Dexter and TKO being Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory cartoon. This show cracks me up. I am surprised nobody had say it but Enid is really cute.

(Dl salty they had the gall to show symbiotic Titan stuff)

but that episode hit me in the nostalgia feels. And I appreciate despite clearly associating her with Go, at the end, Ravens characterization being based around her OG Titans appearance. I’d say it’s a fair win for both parties. I just wish it was like a 30 minute special or something given all the hype around it