Awoo.

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star night

Meta77

Atlus has announced three new Persona spinoffs, including two dancing rhythm games for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, . They are both set to release spring 2018. If someone can link videos I'd be thankful. I'm on mobile

Here you are, my good man!

So, I don't know about you guys, but I LOVED Persona 4: Dancing All Night. It's probably the most addictive rhythm game I've ever played.

To see TWO more Persona games using the same mechanics? Well, sign me the fuck up.

Lol why is it questionable?

18 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Here you are, my good man!

So, I don't know about you guys, but I LOVED Persona 4: Dancing All Night. It's probably the most addictive rhythm game I've ever played.

To see TWO more Persona games using the same mechanics? Well, sign me the fuck up.

And with better graphics to boot

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point, i'm seriously expecting one of these based on Persona 2 complete with dancing Hitler.

I'll chip in here with a few words of enthusiasm for Persona Q2.  The original Q was an interesting but pretty flawed game, but that's partly what makes me actually quite excited for a sequel: It has the potential to be very different, both in reaction to common causes of complaint about the original, but also because the dungeons and overall setting of the first game are inextricably linked to its (nonsensical) plot, which can't be recycled or extended.  I don't know what to expect... and that's great.

On the other hand, boo, another hundred-hour RPG vying to prevent me from ever having time to get a Switch.

6 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

At this point, i'm seriously expecting one of these based on Persona 2 complete with dancing Hitler.

Persona 2: Heiling All Night?

But yeah, in all seriousness, as weird of an idea Dancing All Night was, I really loved it, and I'll probably love these. Plus, more Lotus Juice and Lyn songs. Take my fucking money.

Well P5 will have some good remixes at least...I'm so torn on this. P4 could get away with it with how "anime" and wacky it was was already originally, but 3? We'll see.

2 hours ago, FFWF said:

I'll chip in here with a few words of enthusiasm for Persona Q2.  The original Q was an interesting but pretty flawed game, but that's partly what makes me actually quite excited for a sequel: It has the potential to be very different, both in reaction to common causes of complaint about the original, but also because the dungeons and overall setting of the first game are inextricably linked to its (nonsensical) plot, which can't be recycled or extended.  I don't know what to expect... and that's great.

On the other hand, boo, another hundred-hour RPG vying to prevent me from ever having time to get a Switch.

??? Was Q2 announced?

• 8 months later...

So SEGA is asking fans to vote on if they want Sonic, Yakuza, or Virtua Fighter cameo outfits for Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night & Persona 5: Dancing Star Night.

Here are the options translated:

1. Yakuza Costume
  2. Virtua Fighter Costume
  3. Sonic Costume

Sonic is losing to Yakuza, so let's try and change that. lol

Meanwhile, in the world of the 3DS, eight months have gone by with literally no updates whatsoever on Persona Q2 - an interval long enough that a whole new Etrian Odyssey game (the series which Q is a crossover with) has gone from teaser to full announcement status.

Oh, this topic exists?

Then check out these ANIMATED INTROS, with things like Joker dancing in traffic and a geniunely happy Makoto Yuki.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

*SLAM*

Alright, you all saw this coming... It's an English localisation!

• Thumbs Up 1

YES.

YEEEEES.

AND THE VITA VERSION IS COMING TOO!

FINALLY.

A nice bit of localisation work on the titles there; easily recognisable in relation to the original, but altered just enough to actually make sense.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

why are the names different? And why is he just called Protagonist in English??:/

Both of the protagonists canon names technically have not been brought over to the western audience.

P3 Protag with Makoto Yuki got his name from the P3 movies that only ever officially came out in Japan. P5 Protag with Ren Amamiya got his name in the P5 anime, which is only airing in Japan for the time being.

...It makes sense technically, but on the other hand, that's dumb.

Or it could be to make it clear who they are to newcomers who don't know Persona and are just watching the trailer to see what's up. I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

YES.

YEEEEES.

AND THE VITA VERSION IS COMING TOO!

FINALLY.

They're digital only, due to cartridge production ending next year.

You can only get the physical copies for the Vita in Japan.

30 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Fucking O O F 

The final killing blow to the Vita, that sucks hard.

I'm somewhat worried Sony will end up killing the Vita PS Store, considering they rarely update it anymore in terms of featured games, so I'm hoping they might update the PS4 to let us download Vita games and transfer them like you can on PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

They're digital only, due to cartridge production ending next year.

good thing im solely digital with anything game related at this point. :V

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

good thing im solely digital with anything game related at this point. :V

I too, like to live dangerously. 

Seriously though, I could not imagine trying to live digitally with games. I hate having to clear space out, especially on the likes of PS3 and PS4 where I've got digital stuff thanks to PS Plus.

Only times I end up going digital is where it's more of a hassle to go Physical - Dragon Ball FighterZ for example had a massively frustrating roundabout way to get the digital pre-order bonuses and get into the closed-beta early, and in the end, the digital version ended up being more or less the same price as physical for once. Or stuff you can't get physically, like Mania's original release.

Other than that, it's when there's sales where it just makes sense if I want to try something. For example - I wanted to try Persona 4 Golden: A physical copy even second-hand in a game shop is around £20. The game is usually £6 on the PS Store and regularly on sale. Same for Dancing All Night. I got that for about £4 on sale when the only game shop I know nearby that does second-hand Vita stuff was looking for £25 for it. 

If I absolutely can, I always go physical. It's usually cheaper (Persona 5 is a massive example in the UK - You can get it for £25 or even cheaper brand new on sale while the PS Store wants £50 for it new), it saves a crap ton of space, and on top of that, you can resell it, or not have to worry about Sony or any other company closing off the digital storefronts.