Awoo.

Custom Sonic Mania Genesis/Mega Drive Boxes (You Can Make Your Own!)

Zippo

That guy is Casshern from Sonic Retro.

As Mania is designed to be a 32-bit game this 32x template is way more appropriate:  http://vgboxart.com/resource/12980/sega-32x-template/

Casshern thought about doing a Saturn template:

True, I actually came this close to finishing a Japanese Saturn cover and starting a US variant:

Posted Image

But since they made the cartridge and the manual with the Genesis in mind then that put the final nails in the coffin for that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Do they know if the ring cartridge will clip into an original case? I've been curious about the scaling of that thing.

2 hours ago, Joy said:

Do they know if the ring cartridge will clip into an original case? I've been curious about the scaling of that thing.

As far as I know it should fit in an original case. As you can see in the tweet, the manual from SDCC also fits in them.

The game is supposed to be Sonic if the series had a full new 2d platformer on Saturn, from what I remember, so that'd make more sense to me.

These covers are cool, but the art on the front is really bad quality. I edited it with higher quality art if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

maniagenesisveq48.png

Not perfect, but better, if I may say so myself =P Although, maybe I should change it so Sonic's fist is in front of the Genesis banner...

Since people are making Genesis covers, shouldn't Sonic have his American assface redesign from        that era?

6 minutes ago, Anarchistguy said:

Since people are making Genesis covers, shouldn't Sonic have his American assface redesign from        that era?

Naaaaaah, if it's supposed to be a Saturn-era game it needs to be a really ugly 3D render of Sonic instead :V

1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

Naaaaaah, if it's supposed to be a Saturn-era game it needs to be a really ugly 3D render of Sonic instead :V

Yeah, somebody get some Sonic R Promo art, and put the Sonic Mania Logo on it!:D

Shouldn't it have a K-A Kids to Adults racing if it's from the late 1990's rather than the VRC's GA rating?esrb_kids_to_adults_old_rating_by_jonywa

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

The game is supposed to be Sonic if the series had a full new 2d platformer on Saturn, from what I remember, so that'd make more sense to me.

These covers are cool, but the art on the front is really bad quality. I edited it with higher quality art if anyone is interested:

Reveal hidden contents

maniagenesisveq48.png

Not perfect, but better, if I may say so myself =P Although, maybe I should change it so Sonic's fist is in front of the Genesis banner...

I couldn't find a better quality where Knuckles wasn't cutoff so that's why I ended up with the one I have. I also had to add more to the background so it could fit the space better.

The quality on yours is better, the only things are that you're cutting off the characters too much (especially Knuckles) and the logo is too close to the top.

PjKdcxa.jpg

I'm also doing a Mania cover, sticking with the Saturn. Won't hold your carts or anything, but y'know.

This is just a low-res preview, since it's in progress. I'll upload a full-res ver when it's done. Even included a spine card! It's... there!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1