Awoo.

How long do you plan on playing mania

Meta77

The more i see the more I look forward to playing it. But like many games that excited me in the past I wonder how long I'll stay. Like botw. Loved it till another big game came out. I want to say persona.  But sonic mania comes soon but there are also many big games soon after like rabbids and everyone gold. Plus work and cosplay I'm looking at maybe 3 weeks hardcore and then casual from then on. Bu

R regardless I'm looking forward to it. I'd die for a sonic boom theme opening

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see myself spending a while 100%ing it with each character, then spending a good chunk of time on Time Attack (especially if there's unlocks a la Sonic CD tied to times). Probably gonna go for all the achievements too... so I'll be at it for a while.

Not to mention buying it on multiple platforms so... whew. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll be playing it for a long time. There's probably gonna be lots of stages and replay value, not to mention the special stages and bonus stages. And that's not counting the mods that will be coming to this game. Imagine all the Sonic ROM hacks like Sonic Megamix, but with a good framerate.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I'll be playing it for a long time. There's probably gonna be lots of stages and replay value, not to mention the special stages and bonus stages. And that's not counting the mods that will be coming to this game. Imagine all the Sonic ROM hacks like Sonic Megamix, but with a good framerate.

That's just pc players sadly though

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That's just pc players sadly though

True enough, but since a potato could run Sonic Mania, it shouldn't be problem unless you're not willing to double dip.

• Thumbs Up 1

UNTIL MY FINGERS BREAK, I'll make Segata Sanshiro proud!!!

in all seriousness, probably one week hardcore, since i'm on my last semester in college and i'll have a one week mini-vacation on the start of September, then i'll play it every weekend (or when i get some free time...) , as i'm going for the 100%. ^_^  But i'm sure even after i finish the game i'll find myself going back to play it again.

• Nice Smile 1

Probably just beat it as Sonic and be done. Depends on how hard it gets late game though.

Due to my work and sleep schedule probably for a few hours in the week, if I'm bothered enough. It'll last until Yakuza Kiwami comes out, rinse and repeat.

I doubt they will make the end deathly hard. I used to fear the death egg till I learned how to run it.

And nah I usually double dip in real good games. I got sleeping dogs 3 times

• Thumbs Up 1

The classics have lasted me to this day since Sonic 1 came out, still play them, so Mania is expectedly going to be on my playlist for long. I'm not onto any other games atm, so I'll be focused only on Mania for some (read: "long") time.

Hmm...

How long has Sonic 1 been out...?

Twice as long as that.

(If life allows me to)

• Chuckle 1

I'll be playing Mania for a loooooooooooooong time.

Not only am I playing to 100% it with each character, I'll also be livestreaming it after doing that.

So yeah, I'll be spending hours on this.

6 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Hmm...

How long has Sonic 1 been out...?

Twice as long as that.

(If life allows me to)

So 51 years lol

• Chuckle 1

I've never grown up with any of the Classics, so I could very well be invested in the game for a very long time since it'll feel completely new.

Well, that's a good question. You see, Sonic 3K is my favorite 2d game of all time (a game which I've played a ridiculous number of times) so you can imagine Mania will be similar. I've got a week-off work when Mania releases to play it relentlessly, which I will.

- I'll be 100%ing-getting the good-ending with all characters. 

- I'll be getting all trophies (hopefully there is a PS4 Platinum trophy).

- I'll be playing time-attack.

- 2 players vs online (whatever it turns out to be). The online community will come to fear me XD

......and then my "perfection" needs will kick-in. I'll want to get really good at the special stages, bonus stages, boss fights and master them. See how big a score I can get in a full playthrough, how many rings I can collect in each stage and extra lives etc, explore the levels relentlessly and discover all the secrets.

There are some other games coming out over the next two months which I'll dip into, but I'll pretty much be focused on Mania and will be uploading lots of playthroughs to my youtube channel.

I can easily see myself putting in 100+ hours.

Yep, I'm hard-core :P

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So 51 years lol

Yeah, sounds about right. The guys in my family usually live long enough to see 70-75 so, hey.

If my hands/fingers still work right and age hasn't taken their toll, yep, I'll still be coming back to it.

With time the frequency might dwindle, but hey, who here doesn't still play something like S3&K at least once a year?

It honestly depends. The classics have never been my preferred style so I can't say I ever go back to play any of them for the enjoyment factor. More for curiosity and research.

With that being said, the actual fact that this game has gotten me excited for it does speak a lot to its charm (in most departments anyway). If that flows over to the gameplay then I can easily see myself going back to it every so often in the future.

Though, again, there hasn't been a classic game yet that has really stuck to me so it's 50/50 at this point.

With it being on the Switch, it'll probably be one of my regulars. The classic Sonic games have the absolute best format and gameplay for repeat playthroughs, but them being so short and attached to consoles in the past has always put me off of playing them over, say, any other multiplayer game for a quick session. Meanwhile, the Sonic CD remaster on my phone has seen more use out of it than any other Sonic game by now, and I always have a blast picking it up for a quick session on the go.

Length may be an issue, though. I'll play time attack constantly regardless, but if it's longer than S3&K, I don't see myself playing through the game in it's entirely very often, honestly. Takes a bit too long for a quick pick-me-up session, in my eyes.

2017: man, sonic mania is the best game ever!

2019: whoa! I didn't know that was there!

2021: guess there's another anniversary game with classic sonic... meh..time to go back to mania.

2025: You like sonic mania too?

2030: so press the jump button and hold it to drop dash. See? Isn't that fun?

2070: ..... man.....after all this....time....this game is still fun.....son? Get me the nurse......

20??: My grandad left us this cool retro sonic game! Let's play it together!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, A wreaking havoc engine said:

2017: man, sonic mania is the best game ever!

2019: whoa! I didn't know that was there!

2021: guess there's another anniversary game with classic sonic... meh..time to go back to mania.

2025: You like sonic mania too?

2030: so press the jump button and hold it to drop dash. See? Isn't that fun?

2070: ..... man.....after all this....time....this game is still fun.....son? Get me the nurse......

20??: My grandad left us this cool retro sonic game! Let's play it together!

2070 lol getting on up there

• Chuckle 1

Depending how long the game is. I'll put the game down after I beat it. Go play other games and then come back to it for a 100%. That is if I feel like it. I never liked the special stages and I'm not sure if it's worth the hair-pulling. Hopefully Mania's is way better. 

....Can't you tell I never grew up with the classics? haha

• Thumbs Up 2