Awoo.

IDW Sonic Comic: Who do you want to see new or old

Meta77

For me which I'll build on want later cause I'm at a family reunion .

Breezie

Metal sonic

Elise

Ghost girl

Mephiles

"The main cast is a no brainer.  shadow rouge choatix etc."

More as I look them up

• Thumbs Up 2

Just the main cast. That's all I really need, I'm sure whoever else is there will be good too.

I will agree with what some said I like the main cast but a new face every now and again be nice. Breezie being one of my top picks she's adorable and honey

• Thumbs Up 6

I'd really just like them to focus on the main game cast for a while. Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Amy, Knuckles, maybe Metal Sonic. Then once we've got a decent grasp of those characters and the IDWverse in general, start introducing secondary characters, like Shadow, Rouge, the Chaotix, Blaze, etc. There's enough material to work with there that I don't feel the need to dig up a bunch of obscure characters.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Other then the Freedom Fighters I hope to see Blaze, Silver, Nack, Mighty & Ray, The Babylon Rouges and Bean & Bark show up in the book eventually.

Also would be nice if Breezie, Honey & the 6S could make apperances.

As for new, maybe the comic could come up with some new villians.

• Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Other then the Freedom Fighters I hope to see Blaze, Silver, Nack, Mighty & Ray, The Babylon Rouges and Bean & Bark show up in the book eventually.

Also would be nice if Breezie, Honey & the 6S could make apperances.

As for new, maybe the comic could come up with some new villians.

You pretty much want the entire Archie verse lol

37 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

You pretty much want the entire Archie verse lol

All that & a bag o chips.

I really don't think we'll get Boom, pre-Sonic R spinoff, Shuffle/Chronicles, DiC, or New252 characters here. I'm pretty sure it will be the Sonic Team cast and maybe new ones. Maybe they'd throw some more popular characters in begrudgingly for fanservice. 

For the ST roster, this still excludes dead characters like Black Doom and Pachacamac. Hopefully we get characters like Nega. I also want to see if they can write the Deadly Six worth a damn.

New characters are a lose-lose situation. Either they're good and we all cry when they're ripped from us forever, or they suck and we have to deal with their ugly mugs shoved in our faces and ironic fans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A refurbished Chris Thorndyke, and by extension his family and friends,  would be excellent. Give him the ol' Batman treatment and gadget him up with Sonic related tech (Extreme Gear, something akin to the Tornado Walker from SA2,). It'd be sick if he got Sonic themed power armor too.

I'm hoping the president and the General will play a more active role. In fact, why not throw G.U.N. as a whole in the mix? I wanna see the world government's reaction to a single guy seeking world domination.

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

New characters are a lose-lose situation. Either they're good and we all cry when they're ripped from us forever, or they suck and we have to deal with their ugly mugs shoved in our faces and ironic fans. 

False dichotomy. That's really more your opinion than anything. Recurring characters are a thing. Archie had a whole bunch of new characters towards the end of its run. IDW seems to be going for the long run, and even if they're an anthology thing, the possibility of them being killed off or leaving the story through any other means exist. It's also odd hat you give the possibility of having good characters "ripped away" but ignore the same possibility for bad characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Azul said:

False dichotomy. That's really more your opinion than anything. Recurring characters are a thing. Archie had a whole bunch of new characters towards the end of its run. IDW seems to be going for the long run, and even if they're an anthology thing, the possibility of them being killed off or leaving the story through any other means exist. It's also odd hat you give the possibility of having good characters "ripped away" but ignore the same possibility for bad characters. 

I meant how they'd be inevitably ripped away from us once the series comes to a close, never to return. Archie's exceptions were purportedly only due to how little sega cared, and were maybe grandfathered in. And it doesn't matter if the garbage characters are ripped away at the end as long as we have to endure them for pages upon pages. In Archie, Tommy wasn't slaughtered until a writer shift which was rid of him (unfortunately, hey also ended poor Gala-Na). Hamlin was only erased thanks to the SGW, taking countless better characters with him. Comedy Chimp, Fastidious Beaver, Lady Walrus, Dave the Intern, the Gogobas, and Og are the rule to Boom's characters, not the exception. And the very squeaky-clean tone means that these monstrosities won't vanish any time soon.

Edit:

https://comments.deviantart.com/1/559685099/3992345505

30 minutes ago, Azul said:

A refurbished Chris Thorndyke, and by extension his family and friends,  would be excellent. Give him the ol' Batman treatment and gadget him up with Sonic related tech (Extreme Gear, something akin to the Tornado Walker from SA2,). It'd be sick if he got Sonic themed power armor too.

I'm hoping the president and the General will play a more active role. In fact, why not throw G.U.N. as a whole in the mix? I wanna see the world government's reaction to a single guy seeking world domination.

Oh hell no. You keep chris far away from anything sonic related.

Chris Thorndyke needs to be the off-panel joke character. Like Kenny from South Park, but never given any proper development. That is the hell he deserves.

9 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I meant how they'd be inevitably ripped away from us once the series comes to a close, never to return.

That can happen to any series. And if future publishers collect the same writers of said characters,  if the original creators sell them the rights or if the creators are just fine with them being used, that's fine too.

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Oh hell no. You keep chris far away from anything sonic related.

4 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Chris Thorndyke needs to be the off-panel joke character. Like Kenny from South Park, but never given any proper development. That is the hell he deserves.

38 minutes ago, Azul said:

A refurbished Chris Thorndyke

As in a different version of the character that led you to having those opinions in the first place. You don't have to agree, but it makes zero sense to complain about someone's characterization when we're talking about a different iteration altogether.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then why make us think of the trash that is Chris Thorndyke if nothing about him resembles Chris Thorndyke? It's the same principle as the people who say "no really you could just remake 06 and change everything about it and it'd be good"

• Thumbs Up 1

Chris is the reason sonic x will always suck to me. Hell i wish we got a second ova. Sonic x when it first came on was amazing. I was like wow this is epic sonic running from giant mechs, eggman launching attacks, oh theirs knuckles looking badass, but then we get teleported to the human world to a character more latched to sonic butt than elise ever wish she could be. And ill give elise points. she wanted to remember sonic but erased the events for the sake of them all. Chris sabotaged sonics way home cause he couldn't bear booing without him.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Then why make us think of the trash that is Chris Thorndyke if nothing about him resembles Chris Thorndyke? It's the same principle as the people who say "no really you could just remake 06 and change everything about it and it'd be good"

It's really your own fault for thinking that.

I never said that he had to be completely different. I just suggested a few additions and better writing of his character. You're either intentionally misrepresenting what I'm saying to justify your reaction or you just don't understand what I meant, even if it was stated very upfront.

14 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Chris is the reason sonic x will always suck to me. Hell i wish we got a second ova. Sonic x when it first came on was amazing. I was like wow this is epic sonic running from giant mechs, eggman launching attacks, oh theirs knuckles looking badass, but then we get teleported to the human world to a character more latched to sonic butt than elise ever wish she could be. And ill give elise points. she wanted to remember sonic but erased the events for the sake of them all. Chris sabotaged sonics way home cause he couldn't bear booing without him.

I get that. But I specifically asked for a different version of the character. 

I'm getting the impression that you guys aren't listening because you read a word and it reminded you about something you don't like. If you're going to ignore me, I'll kindly bow out of this conversation.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even aside from it being Chris, why would you want some human kid with a bunch of gadgets running around with Sonic? I don't understand the purpose or the appeal, especially when Tails is already a gadget-using sidekick.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Azul said:

It's really your own fault for thinking that.

I never said that he had to be completely different. I just suggested a few additions and better writing of his character. You're either intentionally misrepresenting what I'm saying to justify your reaction or you just don't understand what I meant, even if it was stated very upfront.

I get that. But I specifically asked for a different version of the character. 

I'm getting the impression that you guys aren't listening because you read a word and it reminded you about something you don't like. If you're going to ignore me, I'll kindly bow out of this conversation.

Or, maybe we could be functioning off the idea that any version of Chris modified to be good is a version of Chris completely unrecognizable from the one we know (at which point, why even make it Chris? It only reminds people of someone they hate). Considering how much Chris sucks, this is not an unreasonable assumption. But please, keep treating us like we're simpler just because you've chosen to interpret "there's no way to make it work" as "I'm not listening".

It's OK for people to not like the idea of bringing back a character they don't like even if you change them significantly. Many people are of the opinion that Chris doesn't have a whole lot of redeeming value, so if you brought him back and made him good, you would be changing him so much there would be no point of it being him other than to remind them of a hated character. And some people don't like the very concept of the character even with the modifications you suggested.

Honestly, I hate to say this, but I'm kind of over the Freedom Fighters. I didn't read THAT much of post-reboot Archie, but from what I saw they actually seemed fairly generic, despite the good designs and concepts. And I've always preferred the game cast anyway. So give me the game cast, preferably including classic-only characters such as Mighty, Bean, Bark, Ray, Honey and Nack interacting with the main characters, hopefully with characterizations reminiscent of their Archie versions, and I'll be happy. If you can include some other characters from other media, that's cool, but not a must, and honestly I actually prefer if the Freedom Fighters don't take the spotlight.

And yeah, I do kind of regret this because I do like the Freedom Fighters. SatAM was a favorite cartoon of mine when I was younger. I just...don't like them enough relative to how much attention they got in Archie, most of the time. They have a lot of potential, but I just feel like it's usually squandered with personalities that don't really stand out. The games cast always felt more "colorful" to me. I will miss them to some extent, for sure.

I also don't really want Archie-exclusive pre-reboot characters back, because even if many of them were cool, there's just too many of them. There's plenty of characters from the games to work with. Of course you can and probably should introduce new characters here and there, you just don't need to populate the world with such a swath of them right off the bat, IMO. It's just a bit cluttering. I know you could bring just a few of them back, but many of them were parts of larger groups such as Egg Bosses or Freedom Fighter groups, so eh.

• Thumbs Up 2

I must be one of the few fans who doesn't hate Chris Thorndyke.

Anyway I'm ok if they do a mix of both game original and newly created characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know this might be weird but i only want one thing from the IDW Comic. Make the world a place that we could see Sonic wanting to protect it.