Awoo.

IDW Sonic Comic: Who do you want to see new or old

Meta77

Honestly, I want IDW to start over from the beginning of Sonic...

Start with Classic Sonic stories using part of the game stories and building on it

For example, the first story arc would be an adaptation of Sonic 1, introduce Sonic, Eggman, and the Chaos Emeralds - but add other parts to fill out the characters. They could use Ray and Mighty as Sonic's friends (basically temporary Tails surrogates until Tails is introduced in the next arc with the Death Egg) and then use Bark and Bean as secondary antagonists (similar to Nabbit in Super Mario Bros U) that they wind up teaming up with at the end to take down Eggman.

Eventually they create an original story reason to change Sonic into his modern green eye form and move to Modern Sonic adaptations and original stories.

And I want anime style fights with strategy and back and forth where the villain can win (but do not have characters "can't catch up"), the big battles last at least an entire issue or more.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Darth InVaders said:

Honestly, I want IDW to start over from the beginning of Sonic...

Start with Classic Sonic stories using part of the game stories and building on it

For example, the first story arc would be an adaptation of Sonic 1, introduce Sonic, Eggman, and the Chaos Emeralds - but add other parts to fill out the characters. They could use Ray and Mighty as Sonic's friends (basically temporary Tails surrogates until Tails is introduced in the next arc with the Death Egg) and then use Bark and Bean as secondary antagonists (similar to Nabbit in Super Mario Bros U) that they wind up teaming up with at the end to take down Eggman.

Eventually they create an original story reason to change Sonic into his modern green eye form and move to Modern Sonic adaptations and original stories.

And I want anime style fights with strategy and back and forth where the villain can win (but do not have characters "can't catch up"), the big battles last at least an entire issue or more.

That last part is good especially since that trope is bad in DBZ. Those ideas sound interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That last part is good especially since that trope is bad in DBZ.

Thanks, I feel Naruto part 1 is the best example of really good anime fights. The Naruto characters who win fights often have better strategies than their opponents, rather than more power. Naruto himself went through part 1 with only 2 signature moves - creating "shadow clones" of himself and a non-throwable "energy" attack called the Rasengan, and he had a dramatic deus ex machina in a powerful monster sealed inside him that he could pull power from when desperately needed. Sonic only needs his supersonic speed, spin attacks, breakdance style martial arts, and Rings / Chaos Emeralds to create such fights. The characters could use their own abilities, the abilities and limitations of opponents, plus the surrounding environment to pull off awesome strategies in fights. And when against the wall, a dramatic deus ex machina in the Rings or Chaos Emeralds to power up (or go full on Super Sonic) is not that bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Darth InVaders said:

Thanks, I feel Naruto part 1 is the best example of really good anime fights. The Naruto characters who win fights often have better strategies than their opponents, rather than more power. Naruto himself went through part 1 with only 2 signature moves - creating "shadow clones" of himself and a non-throwable "energy" attack called the Rasengan, and he had a dramatic deus ex machina in a powerful monster sealed inside him that he could pull power from when desperately needed. Sonic only needs his supersonic speed, spin attacks, breakdance style martial arts, and Rings / Chaos Emeralds to create such fights. The characters could use their own abilities, the abilities and limitations of opponents, plus the surrounding environment to pull off awesome strategies in fights. And when against the wall, a dramatic deus ex machina in the Rings or Chaos Emeralds to power up (or go full on Super Sonic) is not that bad.

I think as some others have pointed out lately it feels like Sonic and Tails are the only ones who get to do anything relevant in the plots of recent games.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I kinda want IDW to try and work out a deal to make their book something of a hodgepodge of various continuities like they do with the Hasbro Universe and TMNT. Where they take characters from all around the franchise and put their own spin on them.

I'm 99% certain that won't happen but it'd be nice to see them play around with AoSTH characters like Captain Hero or Da Bears or even have Topaz as a regular in G.U.N. based stories or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly the more I think about it the more I kinda want IDW to try and work out a deal to make their book something of a hodgepodge of various continuities like they do with the Hasbro Universe and TMNT. Where they take characters from all around the franchise and put their own spin on them.

I'm 99% certain that won't happen but it'd be nice to see them play around with AoSTH characters like Captain Hero or Da Bears or even have Topaz as a regular in G.U.N. based stories or something.

That's an interesting idea. I mean they could in characters like Sonia, Manic, Breezie, the FFs, etc with their own twists on them. 

21 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Ah yes ole topaz aka rouges lover.

Blast you saw through my evil plan! ...I mean.

Seriously though given IDW's track Record I could see them Canonizing Rouge and Topaz.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're not going to pair a game character with a non-game character. If Archie can't get away with it, neither can they. 

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They're not going to pair a game character with a non-game character. If Archie can't get away with it, neither can they. 

Plus I don't know if Sega would want to bring back pairings like that that back into the series after you know what.

18 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

True but a guy can dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus I don't know if Sega would want to bring back pairings like that that back into the series after you know what.

What?

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well a lot of people hated the SonicXElise vibes from Sonic 06.

Bag I liked them lol hell I miss Madonna xD