Awoo.

Nakamura interview on Sonic Forces' premise, decisions for playable characters, porting to the Switch, and more

The Deleter

Oh say can you see

How that SEGA-Sense shines

It's so strange and senseless

That you can't stop your screaming

It boggles your mind so

It makes you feel so let go

For they care not for you

Nor' for that which you love

545.gif

SEGA-Sense - Proudly ruining a franchise for Generations

1 hour ago, pppp said:

But Mania showed us more than 2 zones way before Forces did. Mario Odyssey's reveal trailer showed us a good number of different worlds, Why can't Forces actually tell me what levels can I expect? There is such a thing as getting bored with something. I can't care if they don't give me more than 2 reasons. I'm tired of not being shown anything. Yes Generations showed us too much, but that doesn't mean we need to do the exact opposite.

The zones aren't the only thing there is to this game, they've shown off plenty. They've shown the customizable character, Infinite, the roster of villains.

Sounds to me like nobody at Sonic Team knows why this game exists, but are just making it anyway.

What an age we live in.

• Thumbs Up 4

In defense of Forces' promotion, I expect Mania's delay has actually screwed things up quite a bit.

I think Forces is being minimally promoted to keep the attention on Sonic Mania and things will pick up speed after August 15th.

Since Mania was originally supposed to launch several months ago, the time table for Forces promotional campaign has probably been shifted and largely condensed.

My guess is we will know A LOT more about the game by the middle of September.

• Thumbs Up 9

5 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

I don't know. People have been asking for playable characters other than Sonic in Main Series games for almost a decade now and we still don't have that (you could count the Avatar if you want, I really don't), and Sonic Team still doesn't want to do it. They can be stubborn and unpredictable, so I really don't know.

Other characters were complained about for quite a while and then removed. We can make a difference. 

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Other characters were complained about for quite a while and then removed. We can make a difference. 

The problem is, for big 3D titles the company prefers multiple characters to have unique play styles matching their personas.

Unfortunately, if it's not Sonic 2.0 or Sonic 3.0 then people whine, and it seems to me that, if they can't give multiple characters multiple play styles in 3D, the only thing Sonic Team has to say to consumers is F-You on the subject. It could be they'd just be too bored making a game with different characters that are essentially Sonic in a different body.

You could say they could make passages only certain characters could reach, but I'd see that as kind of dull if I were a developer. Put a hill here, some blocked passage there, it doesn't sound too fun even from my standpoint.

This is backed up with giving the avatar weapons, they want to add characters that also add new game play into the mix. If folks would back off from this "Must Play Like Sonic" mindset we'd likely have others returning, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, thus neither are other characters.

The only thing I ever hated was Big fishing around, back in the day I enjoyed playing in mechs and hunting for treasure since it felt like new additions to the characters, well, character. But... Hey.

Play like Sonic or don't bother. So long as this is the consumers motto, SEGA will say they won't bother either.

tumblr_no3sa2YAnE1qjkwxto1_500.gif

It seems so long ago...

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Oh say can you see

How that SEGA-Sense shines

It's so strange and senseless

That you can't stop your screaming

It boggles your mind so

It makes you feel so let go

For they care not for you

Nor' for that which you love

545.gif

SEGA-Sense - Proudly ruining a franchise for Generations

Braveaux! Braveaux!

Finish this piece, please. 

You know damn well a lot of nostalgia fans would cry out if Sega stopped showing mania stuff last month and this month instead to focus on showing mania more by saying . Damn Sega mania is not out yet and already your focusing on another game. Sadly you either like it or you don't.  I'm giving this my hope star. I hope it shines bright

3 hours ago, Hottub said:

The zones aren't the only thing there is to this game, they've shown off plenty. They've shown the customizable character, Infinite, the roster of villains.

I'll admit, deep down a part of me is happy to see Chaos, Metal, and "Evil Shadow" again, but despite that happiness deep down, the grasp of "why?" is constantly choking that joy because of Generations.

Definitely not thrilled over Green Hill, nor the reused enemies. I loath the Egg Pawns as much as the Wisps now.

I'd like to see them answer the question "Don't you think people are sick of Egg Pawns and their redesigns by now?" in an interview.

It'd be Sonic 4 all over again.

I've been away for a few weeks, has the #defendForces movement finally stopped?

Lol. /jk

Anyway, I'm expecting the plot to be pretty basic as usual, most of it will be just thrown out there.

Infinite looks kinda cringy to me, at least going by the lyrics to the theme song.

For the record...one bad decision from Nakamura doesn't mean I hate him nor do I hate the game.

It has stupid choices and maybe even some missed opportunities? Don't get me wrong but it still ain't the abomination the majority makes it out to be.

I'm still defending Sonic Forces due to still seeing so little of it and the things I do like, I'll wait til I buy and play the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with @Vee Dude .

While I don't like  Classic Sonic being here, that's the one thing I don't like.

I won't hate on a game just because I don't like a little part. (I like Classic's gameplay, I don't like that he is here)

I still love the game and I can't wait to play it.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I agree with @Vee Dude .

While I don't like  Classic Sonic being here, that's the one thing I don't like.

I won't hate on a game just because I don't like a little part. (I like Classic's gameplay, I don't like that he is here)

I still love the game and I can't wait to play it.

To be fair, there's more complaints than just Classic Sonic.

The main problem the majority have with Forces is that it's a cluttered mess trying to appeal to every audience.

....An argument I kinda don't really understand for this game, if it regards the three main characters we play in the story, I can understand that considering we have an existing cast to use and ST would attempt to appeal to the Modern, Classic, and younger fans (OC).

But gameplay wise? I hardly understand it, all three gameplay style are mostly similar playing the same high speed sections.

I can't really forgive all the 2D sections however and a good lack of 3D gameplay which is I admit another problem I have with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well yeah, but I meant that it's the only thing that bothers me.

I'm OK with the OC (Xenoverse made me like the idea) and 2D in Modern Sonic stages. (Colors is my favourite Sonic game, sooo...)

• Thumbs Up 1

This is only a theory, but...

I've been thinking.

People have speculated on what Infinite's powers are and have noted Chaos and the other villains kinda glitching out, like an illusion? What if Classic Sonic is also an illusion and isn't actually there? They make it like some kind of sad send off from the modern series cause Classic Sonic doesn't belong in it, I'd actually forgive Classic Sonic's inclusion in Forces. Maybe there's a point to Nakamura saying why he specifically went with Classic Sonic as a playable character?

Seriously, that would be genius.

It'd also explain why he's the only classic character in Sonic Forces!

If they play their cards right Sonic Team could produce something very emotional here.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, TargetWatch said:

This is only a theory, but...

I've been thinking.

People have speculated on what Infinite's powers are and have noted Chaos and the other villains kinda glitching out, like an illusion? What if Classic Sonic is also an illusion and isn't actually there? They make it like some kind of sad send off from the modern series cause Classic Sonic doesn't belong in it, I'd actually forgive Classic Sonic's inclusion in Forces. Maybe there's a point to Nakamura saying why he specifically went with Classic Sonic as a playable character?

Seriously, that would be genius.

It'd also explain why he's the only classic character in Sonic Forces!

If they play their cards right Sonic Team could produce something very emotional here.

And it also explains why the music for him is so bad, right?

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

That's more to do with Otahni not being suited to 16 bit music...

On 8/10/2017 at 4:54 AM, Miru the Living Planet said:

16 bit music is not Ohtani's strength. Sega have said Naofumi Hataya is making music for Forces, but I'm sure he wouldn't have made the trash music that is Green Hill classic.