Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

Just now, Psychicmoose103 said:

It doesn't, do you just appear on it? I missed the stream.

Leaving the Flying Battery to the next zone doesn't have a cutscene. It's weird. 

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Speaking which I'd like to see a video of that Puyo/MBM boss. All I saw was an image.

Have a gif

12f7d7315b93348424a639d113137e71.gif

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

Leaving the Flying Battery to the next zone doesn't have a cutscene. It's weird. 

I wonder why. The next Zone is press garden right?

Also what's the transition between chem plant and Studiopolis?

10 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

I haven't seen anything since Chemical Plant on YouTube so could someone give me a summary of the things shown so far. Any screencaps too? 

Studiopolis came next. Has a weather forecast for the second boss.

Flying Battery Act 2 takes place in a thunderstorm. Spider Eggman is the second boss.

Press Garden is zone 5. Features the ninja Heavy.

I wonder why. The next Zone is press garden right?

Also what's the transition between chem plant and Studiopolis?

I'm not sure. The stream crapped out on me and when I got to the newer one he was already midway through the first act of Studiopolis.

Just now, McGroose said:

I'm not sure. The stream crapped out on me and when I got to the newer one he was already midway through the first act of Studiopolis.

Hm okay. Another thing I missed, what happens in the intro?

Hm okay. Another thing I missed, what happens in the intro?

It's initially the Angel Island intro sequence from S3 remade. When they get there, all of the HBH are there guarding a claw machine, which grabs out a square chunk of land that is holding the purple Chaos Emerald. the screen turns trippy and everyone is teleported to Green hill.

We're still not sure what Angel Island's significance is yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, McGroose said:

It's initially the Angel Island intro sequence from S3 remade. When they get there, all of the HBH are there guarding a claw machine, which grabs out a square chunk of land that is holding the purple Chaos Emerald. the screen turns trippy and everyone is teleported to Green hill.

We're still not sure what Angel Island's significance is yet.

Alright interesting!

Alright interesting!

Also: the sound that plays during the trippy scene perfectly matches a sound Infinite makes in Forces

Guys, let me know if a new stream starts. I bet the next Zone after press garden is a unseen old stage.

Just now, ad516 said:

Also: the sound that plays during the trippy scene perfectly matches a sound Infinite makes in Forces

Oh boy

unknown.png

Well, I think that's it for today, he's just going to play it on mobile mode as he goes to get food :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jango said:

What about the animated intro? It isn't in the game?

Might be one of those "wait for it to play" things and he didn't wait.

3 minutes ago, ad516 said:

I am so going to laugh if Sonic Mania turns out to be a Sonic Forces prequel.

Anybody have a stage list so far?

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

I actually think that this points to Classic Sonic being an illusion created by Infinite in Forces. He doesn't actually exist outside the 2D games; that's my theory anyway.

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

green hill

chemical plant

studiopolis

flying battery

press garden

Just now, Jetronic said:

Reveal hidden contents

green hill

chemical plant

studiopolis

flying battery

press garden

You forgot

Stardust Speedway after Press Garden

7 minutes ago, The KKM said:

Might be one of those "wait for it to play" things and he didn't wait.

:/

BTW... The purple gem in Angel Island is very close to the one in Infinite's chest... Calling it now, ending shows Infinite "creation". He will most likely send Sonic to the future of Forces. That's why the Classic Sonic in Forces has the drop dash. 

I really don't know how to feel, because that could stop a Mania direct sequel. UNLESS. Forces conects to Mania 2 haha

2 minutes ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

Green Hill Zone

Chemical Plant Zone

Studiopolis Zone

Flying battery Zone

Press Garden Zone

Stardust Speedway Zone

I wasn't able to catch that next stage but what I do know is that Act 2 takes place

in the present

9 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

I haven't seen anything since Chemical Plant on YouTube so could someone give me a summary of the things shown so far. Any screencaps too? 

No screencaps from me, sorry, but:

• Spoiler

• Third zone is Studiopolis
    • Act 1 boss is the Hard-Boiled Heavy fight we've seen before. It shoots both blue and red missiles; hit the blue ones and they'll be sent back to cause damage.
    • Act 2 boss is the Eggmobile with a weather machine. A TV in the middle shows a weather forecast presented by a Cluckoid; the Eggmobile's attack depends on the forecast.
    • Flying Battery is next. A news ticker on the TV breaks the news that the Flying Battery has returned, followed by it descending on the scene in the TV. Your characters run off-screen to the right, reappear on TV, and jump and grab on like in S&K.
    • Act 1 boss is what we've seen before, the moving laser thingy fought in a garbage compactor. Instead of shooting lasers like in S&K, it uses magnetic powers to make crappy knock-off Orbinauts with only 2 spike balls, which you can bounce on to hit it earlier than usual. The floor keeps getting raised as the compactor crushes the garbage.
    • Act 2's second half gets stormy, complete with rain and darker clouds! Boss is a big spider-bot fought on a moving elevator. Its abdomen is a giant bumper, and you have to bounce it into passing spikes on the walls to cause damage.
    • Next zone is Press Garden. No zone transition for whatever reason.
    • Act 1 is a printing press with bouncy conveyor belts made of paper and giant screw elevators. Boss is a floating machine that tries hitting you with two buzzsaw hands. Tricking it into hitting certain boxes breaks the buzzsaw and makes it vulnerable while it tries to get another.
    • Act 2 is a wintry Sakura garden, what we saw concept art for in the booklet. The ice-blower things from Ice Cap return, but this time, getting frozen into a block of ice doesn't hurt you; it even aids movement in certain spots as you slide around at high speeds. You can break out yourself by mashing buttons. Boss is a ninja Heavy that freezes you with a blade of ice and attacks by using Asterons like shuriken.

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

Green Hill Zone

Chemical Plant Zone

Studiopolis Zone

Flying battery Zone

Press Garden Zone

Stardust Speedway Zone

Spoiler

Guessing Press Garden is the ice level teased before?

Didn't know of the stream until like 2 minutes ago so I missed everything. 

Just now, gato said:

You forgot

Reveal hidden contents

Stardust Speedway after Press Garden

Wait, where'd you find out which level happens after Press Garden?