Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

The dissonance of going from Mania to Classic Forces with this in mind is about the most reasonable... reason to worried about this.

Worried? For what? The gameplay looks like the fucking cream of the crop. Isn't that what matters?

If the story turns out to be a prequel to Sonic Forces, then be my guest because we know practically NOTHING about Sonic Forces's story besides Eggman fucks shit up and Infinite is faster than Sonic by slightly moving to the right.

Not like this game has 5 minute long cutscenes. Sonic Mania can be the prequel to Forces and still be a fucking great game like it looks to be. It'll just be a prequel to a piece of shit if Forces ends up failing.  

• Thumbs Up 3

The guy who has been streaming kicked up his stream again, that's where I'm getting the info from.

Just now, SSF1991 said:

The guy who has been streaming kicked up his stream again, that's where I'm getting the info from.

Where though?

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Link?

4 minutes ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

Worried? For what? The gameplay looks like the fucking cream of the crop. Isn't that what matters?

If the story turns out to be a prequel to Sonic Forces, then be my guest because we know practically NOTHING about Sonic Forces's story besides Eggman fucks shit up and Infinite is faster than Sonic by slightly moving to the right.

Not like this game has 5 minute long cutscenes. Sonic Mania can be the prequel to Forces and still be a fucking great game like it looks to be. It'll just be a prequel to a piece of shit if Forces ends up failing.  

That's what I've been saying! Like unless it gets hamfisted, it's just a plot thread between two games and has fuck all to do with their quality but people act like it's actually going to make Mania worse.

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is...is that a mini Silver Sonic?!

Guys plis, Lava reef and Hydro confirm in Mania?

Just now, SSF1991 said:

178495-57f7df2ec3230b5344ba08040bc6a4d6.

Oh, twitter, huh?
kQOXJBTJE37zygYg2OJ9rH-fw4qfSVHIW3SyrrI_

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 7

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

And that's what's annoying.

Because Forces is so tonally different from Mania, and the classic games as a whole. So connecting this fun, lighthearted romp to a game with Infinite (aka Mephiles 2.0) just feels kinda out of place. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, gato said:

LOOK AT ALL THOSE EGGMAN ROBOTS!

AKA Stardust Speedway boss

Hide contents

AITNHzn.png

Spoiler

Oh fuck Knuckles Chaotix.

10/10 best Sonic game I'm stopping right here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, gato said:

Hide contents

AITNHzn.png

Spoiler

That reminds me of the first part of the Knuckles' Chaotix final boss.

I'm sad that the transitions are basically "warp from here to there". Kinda lazy. I feel like this game didn't had a real story at first, but Iizuka came in and demanded a connection with Forces. 

I saw a bunch of good story theories here, and if they really went with the Forces' connection, I'm gonna be a bit disappointed. But yeah, in the end what's most important is how fun and beautiful the game is, and I'm sure as hell they've nailed both these things.

• Promotion 1

•  
4 minutes ago, gato said:

Hide contents

AITNHzn.png

Stupid question: How to mark spoilers?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

And that's what's annoying.

Because Forces is so tonally different from Mania, and the classic games as a whole. So connecting this fun, lighthearted romp to a game with Infinite (aka Mephiles 2.0) just feels kinda out of place. 

It doesn't affect the tone at all. One character, or one idea, carried between two games. How is that "out of place"? Especially when you don't know what Forces is actually doing with that connection.

I'll stop beating around the bush; seems like it's less out of any actual concern for the games' stories and more annoyance that the pure Sonic Mania is "tainted" by that nasty, nasty Sonic Forces.

5 minutes ago, ad516 said:
  •  

Stupid question: How to mark spoilers?

The eye icon on the editor.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, NoKaine said:

It doesn't affect the tone at all. One character, or one idea, carried between two games. How is that "out of place"?

I'll stop beating around the bush; seems like it's less out of any actual concern for the games' stories and more annoyance that the pure Sonic Mania is "tainted" by that nasty, nasty Sonic Forces.

Nah, I mean, I'd be equally annoyed if Mania had its own "original" generic monster of the week villain too. It's not just because it's from Forces.

Spoiler

Holy shit Silver Sonic from the Game Gear Sonic 2 is in this game.

Just now, Dr. Mechano said:

Nah, I mean, I'd be equally annoyed if Mania had its own "original" generic monster of the week villain too. It's not just because it's from Forces.

So what would you want exactly? You seem unpleasable.

3 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

It doesn't affect the tone at all. One character, or one idea, carried between two games. How is that "out of place"?

I mean. Tone of what game, we only have full gameplay of two 1:30 zones and one boss. The CGI trailers? Sure, they're grimdark and edgy, but they'll end up getting unused like Sonic Generations' waste of CGI trailers that SHOULD have been used. 

The Infinite trailer stuff reminds me of Sonic Unleashed and Lost Worlds' tone more than anything, don't see how it's that different from the usual. We have barely seen anything noteworthy of Forces yet, which I really hope changes next week. I need more info god damn it. 

• Thumbs Up 2