Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

2 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Okay, you know what Infinite's like in Forces, but what is he like in Mania? We haven't even gotten to that point, if we ever will.

Oh man. 2D animated oldschool sprite of Infinite sounds amazing. I hope it happens.

4 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

What has Infinite done? He's a gem. Do Chaos Emeralds clash with the game too?

Like, he hasn't actually done anything. Not in the "his character is so useless" but the "he's a flying diamond". 

Okay, you know what Infinite's like in Forces, but what is he like in Mania? We haven't even gotten to that point, if we ever will.

Also how do I stop this BEEPING

Go to your notification settings, it's playing a sound everytime you get quoted or someone "reacts" to your posts.

EDIT: Back on topic.

THE TIDES HAVE TURNED PART 2

AKA, Hydrocity again.

SkHlNrP.png

I find it quite nice that they turned the bosses around (if my sight doesn't fail me this looks like a repurposed act 1 boss).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, gato said:

Go to your notification settings, it's playing a sound everytime you get quoted or someone "reacts" to your posts.

My mind and speakers are at peace, thank you.

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

Mania Hydrocity is pretty lame.

Can't be.

Spoiler

You fight Eggman in a reverse Sonic 3 boss fight; you in the Egg-o-matic tossing bombs at him. It's fecking great mate

• Thumbs Up 2

THE ANIMATED INTRO IS..

I.

AM.

DEAD.

GAME OF THE FOREVER!

IT'S UNBELIEVABLY CUTE, CHARMING, EPIC, NEAT, COLORFUL.

THIS IS SONIC.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

No transition from Hydrocity to the next zone, which is Mirage Saloon. Act 1 opens with a Sky Chase-like battle in the sky, and the Magician Heavy taunts you at the start.

Anyone else think Tails' little pilot hat and goggles are the cutest thing ever?

They just showed off the animated intro. Wait on the title screen for pure amazing animation.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess it's a good thing I'm not actually watching the stream, that one will remain a surprise for a little longer.

In other spoilers! Mirage Saloon 1!

yG62yA7.png

DP9A544.jpg

I can't believe they killed Knuckles on screen! :u

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought that Hard-Boiled Heavy was Infinite for a second and I almost had a heart attack.

Fucking amazing intro. 

36 minutes ago, gato said:

About the whole infinite thing, I really don't like the idea of Mania being a prequel mostly because.

a)The fact that Classic has to go through the classic zones (at least Green Hill) again after going through Mania feels annoying.

and 2)Mania and Forces Classic Sonic play kinda different and that bothers me more than it should.

But besides that I don't mind. Games being connected with each other is a good thing and something it should be done more often on this franchise.

giphy.gif

Even if they have to make a superior prequel using superior staff to do so that will vastly outsell the product it's made to support by GOD they WILL make you notice and buy Forces even if they have to go above and beyond for a shred of hope it will sell.

Works for me and I still get to laugh at Forces/ST in the end for letting a bunch of rookies beat them in one massively grand shot.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a serious problem, wtf is with the end of Hydrocity? It just fades to black. And all of the sudden you are on a plane with knuckles? What?!

3 minutes ago, gato said:

I guess it's a good thing I'm not actually watching the stream, that one will remain a surprise for a little longer.

Hide contents

yG62yA7.png

DP9A544.jpg

I can't believe they killed Knuckles on screen! :u

Spoiler

Knuckles is chilling in the Tornado uncanilly similar to Sonic Heroes:

hqdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Jango said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Knuckles is chilling in the Tornado uncanilly similar to Sonic Heroes:

hqdefault.jpg

Where the heck did he come from. And how did they get on the plane? Confusing man

6 minutes ago, gato said:

Hide contents

yG62yA7.png

I'm gonna say it.

Knuckles has some sexy legs.

1 minute ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Wait, what if knuckles story happens along-side Sonic's this time?

Like certain cut scenes you don't see unless your playing as Tails or Knuckles and they all link to make a bigger story? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Tenko said:

Like certain cut scenes you don't see unless your playing as Tails or Knuckles and they all link to make a bigger story? 

So like Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

Anyway guys, with the first 8 zones revealed, I'm going to go. Thankfully none of the zones were completely not-predicted or seen before. Someone please pm me if you get a Zone count. 

• Thumbs Up 1