Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

6 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

giphy.gif

Even if they have to make a superior prequel using superior staff to do so that will vastly outsell the product it's made to support by GOD they WILL make you notice and buy Forces even if they have to go above and beyond for a shred of hope it will sell.

Works for me and I still get to laugh at Forces/ST in the end for letting a bunch of rookies beat them in one massively grand shot.

Like I thought, it's less about an actual care of quality and more the imagined rivalry between two teams. The One True Pure Sonic Game must outdo the evils of Sonic Team or...! Or...!

Newsflash, SEGA, Sonic Team, and Taxman's team don't give a shit about which games does better, so long as they both don't sell or review like crap.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Wait, what if knuckles story happens along-side Sonic's this time?

I'm pretty sure that's the case, they're all taging along. Still doesn't explain why Knuckles left the Master Emerald, perhaps he will have his own set of cutscenes and all the stories will blend together in the end.

Then again, the story so far isn't... as fancy as we thought, so expect no explanation whatsover. Or not.

Also, the stream is back, put on 41 minutes to see the animated intro:

https://vk.com/club107678733?z=video-107678733_456239019%2Fvideos-107678733%2Fpl_-107678733_-2

So we still need to see at least 2 new zones, Oil Ocean, Lava Reef and Metalic Madness.

This game is long.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tenko said:

Like certain cut scenes you don't see unless your playing as Tails or Knuckles and they all link to make a bigger story? 

Exactly this. It makes no sense to just appear on the tornado with knuckles out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Exactly this. It makes no sense to just appear on the tornado with knuckles out of nowhere.

Maybe the review copies (or the stream...) are missing the transitions.

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

Like I thought, it's less about an actual care of quality and more the imagined rivalry between two teams. The One True Pure Sonic Game must outdo the evils of Sonic Team or...! Or...!

Newsflash, SEGA, Sonic Team, and Taxman's team don't give a shit about which games does better, so long as they both don't sell or review like crap.

Sega and sonic team does. Just for less vindictive reasons that some would like to conspire to. At least I hope not, not gonna pretend sega beef between branches hasn't and still does exist. 

I can't stop watching the intro.

Guys. This is the best thing ever.

It also confirms:

Spoiler

Lava Reef

I will take this spoiler break to also echo what people have been saying about the lack of stage transitions at some points on the game. It feels pretty lazy, especially compared to the rest of the game which looks like such a love letter to the classic games. And it's pretty sad to see that even after the delay the game looks all in all pretty polished but still has some little scratches here and there.

But I'm more than willing to eat my words if it's like you guys are speculating and more story unlocks as you replay.

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Sega and sonic team does. Just for less vindictive reasons that some would like to conspire to. At least I hope not, not gonna pretend sega beef between branches hasn't and still does exist. 

Taxman's team is a pretty new branch, though, probably not even a permanent branch. 

But it's definitely not two teams "fighting" to make the better Sonic game. One team makes the cheaper game with an instant appeal and the other makes the more expensive, usual game. Again, unless one or both fail, they don't really care. 

4 minutes ago, ad516 said:

But this is a retail copy.

Well, as Teoskaven said, probably a patch?

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Guys. This is the best thing ever.

It also confirms:

Hide contents

Lava Reef

Animated butter

Just now, NoKaine said:

Taxman's team is a pretty new branch, though, probably not even a permanent branch. 

But it's definitely not two teams "fighting" to make the better Sonic game. One team makes the cheaper game with an instant appeal and the other makes the more expensive, usual game. Again, unless one or both fail, they don't really care. 

I don't think anyone thinks they are fighting. And I do think they care, in regards to the future of the franchise in general

I'd be fine if knuckles story reveals some transitions. Having most the transitions either not existing or being a teleportation comes off as very lazy

Holy shit that was amazing. 

Anyway, I think I'll stop spoiling the game for myself now. Looking forward to Tuesday.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think anyone thinks they are fighting. And I do think they care, in regards to the future of the franchise in general

Did you not see the comment I replied to? Boasting about how Sonic Team will be "so embarrassed!" that these "newbie fanboys!" outdid them in "one fell swoop!" Sad! Or some crap like that.

In regards to the franchise's future, if Mania does really well, I see Mania like games; if Taxman doesn't stay they might be open to making smaller, cheaper games to pad out the Sonic Schedule while Sonic Team works on the next game. Maybe the latter could get more time to work on the games without worrying about releases. S

Again, if Mania does 4 million and 80+ and Forces 3 million and 70+, it's not going to hurt them. Sure there will be "why doesn't Sonic Team do X like these guys" but that's not going to really impact their locomotion.

I hope Mania does well enough that we just get a consistent ongoing series of classic-style games.

Maybe let Taxman and company have more freedom over the next title too, after they prove themselves with Mania. Having an ongoing series of Mania-esque games would definitely get me consistently interested in Sonic again.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, NoKaine said:

Did you not see the comment I replied to? Boasting about how Sonic Team will be "so embarrassed!" that these "newbie fanboys!" outdid them in "one fell swoop!" Sad! Or some crap like that.

How to exaggerate someone's comment 101

Quote somebody correctly instead of being smug over ones thoughts against your own. You're welcome to defend, but don't go misquoting nor exaggerating what people say in your arguments/comments.

6 minutes ago, Jin said:

INTRO HD 60FPS

Delicious, now just make it an entire cartoon series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

a6Osm.png

This is going to be such a shitstorm.

I highly doubt it, but if so...

Lordy be.

I'm pretty sure that that tweet, the ones with Sonic Adventure music, and @ing Aaron going "I can't show Super Sonic yet" is him baiting you now. He's gone off to get dinner, he knows people'll believe him since he has the game, so he's saying nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

a6Osm.png

This is going to be such a shitstorm.

His-really-surprised-face.gifù

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET-