Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

The Shadow thing has to be bait.

It'd better be.

I can think of no character more ill-fitted to this game than the very personification of "modern Sonic games."

• Thumbs Up 3

You know who I want in Mania?

emperor_metallix_by_derzocker-d3jbqb4.gi

Metal Emperor as leader of the rebellious Hard Boiled Heavies

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

THE BOYS THOSE DUDES

ARE

A

BOSS?

@Tenko and @VEDJ-F is gonna be over the moon.

Haha I wouldn't celebrate until I saw visual proof.  I would be over the moon were it true tho. VEDJ-F might not be so happy about it, would ruin her research and theories on Sonic Team avoiding non-Sonic Team created characters. I hope it's true tho, I really do.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have the intro and Press Garden downloaded. Contemplating uploading to YouTube but making private. 

Just now, Tenko said:

Haha I wouldn't celebrate until I saw visual proof.  I would be over the moon were it true tho. VEDJ-F might not be so happy about it, would ruin her research and theories on Sonic Team avoiding non-Sonic Team created characters. I hope it's true tho, I really do.

Well not really- this isn't a Sonic Team game, after all. We already saw references such as 8-bit Mecha Sonic and, well, the Hooligans being in posters in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Nack would still be a Sonic Team character though.

EDIT: He's not; how could I forget out favorite Game Gear developer Ancient?

BTW, the intro song was composed by Hyper Potions, right? The beggining of the song uses an exact piece from the Time Trials song.

<3

I'd actually love Shadow to be in this, for two reasons. One is simply that I like Shadow, but two and more importantly, it'd feel like a nod to Megamix, one of the projects Stealth was known for before working on official products for SEGA. Bonus points if by some miracle Mighty appeared too so the whole cast from that game was in this.

But yeah the guy's clearly trolling, lol

• Thumbs Up 5

10 minutes ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

95% it's a troll. But Team Hooligan are... Bark, Beat and Fang. 

So yeah maybe Shadow isn't in Mania after all. 

That one might not be a troll, Arstechnica mentioned them appearing outside of the posters two months back.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/sonic-mania-is-already-so-good-id-buy-its-incomplete-version-as-is/

"Mirage Saloon Zone, on the other hand, thrills by combining the Sonic Spinball motif of bounce-everywhere design with some really wild "terrain can disappear at any moment" tension. (Oh, and "outlaw" animals appear on occasion in this Saloon, who are teased by "wanted" posters scattered around.)"

Only wanted posters we saw were of Team Hooligan so it must be them.

• Thumbs Up 5

Did we see any sign of them in the stream? Not entirely sure but I think last I heard he was in Mirage Saloon...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

Did we see any sign of them in the streams? Not sure where the stream(s) left off at but last I heard he was in Mirage Saloon...

Yep, got a Game Over at Mirage Saloon act 1 and then quit.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can see those and many more populating the signatures of many users for the months and years to come.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah maybe the boys being the boss is real...

But there is NO way Shadow is in this game. Like... lol

• Thumbs Up 1

That's so good man.

And the music is so cheerful. I can't get enough of it.

This is the Sonic I wanna play for ever. Colorful, clean and full of attitude. They must keep doing these games.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yep, got a Game Over at Mirage Saloon act 1 and then quit.

So there's a chance, however slim, that the boys could genuinely be in this game and not just as poster cameos.

Wild if true. And it'd make sense if SEGA has really decided to keep Classic and Modern separate dimensions or whatever, that way Classic has something of an extended cast too.

5 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

I can see those and many more populating the signatures of many users for the months and years to come.

Months? Why wait?

Because isn't it spoiler and other users can see your sig?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Because isn't it spoiler and other users can see your sig?

Is it a spoiler?

Honestly?

It in itself doesn't really spoil anything.

It's a yet unrevealed part of a game that hasn't been released officially yet. Until Tuesday yes, it is.