Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

5 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

It's a yet unrevealed part of a game that hasn't been released officially yet. Until Tuesday yes, it is.

I tried to be cheeky. 

If Shadow is on, I'd lol. Though I honestly wouldn't mind honestly. It's blatant fanservice, despite that I'm still hoping Amy is the one we see back.

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

They must keep doing these games.

giphy.gif

They will, but the problem is that, likely, Sonic Team will take over and snuff Whitehead and his guys out so they can do it themselves, giving us more Generations at best, Sonic 4 at worst.

But hey, you never know. SEGA-Sense can change, that's just the most likely outcome I see. Now that they know the demand, Sonic Team will want to take their own crack at it.

Problem is, that crack ain't clean and who knows what we could get out of it.

They might get lucky once every ten years or so with 3D games, but based on the past, if I don't see Whitehead behind 2D titles... Ehh.

11 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

They will, but the problem is that, likely, Sonic Team will take over and snuff Whitehead and his guys out so they can do it themselves, giving us more Generations at best, Sonic 4 at worst.

I like to imagine that you do think they'd try to kill them. Whitehead turning a street corner, there's Iizuka with a nailed baseball bat just waiting...

You'd think that the evil but incompetent Sonic Team, if they wanted to "do it themselves" they already would. Technically no reason they couldn't have already made both Mania and Forces. Also they're already making a Generations. Also they didn't even make Sonic 4! You couldn't even come up with an example of a bad Sonic Team game, like Sonic Genesis or '06?

But hey, you never know. SEGA-Sense can change, that's just the most likely outcome I see. Now that they know the demand, Sonic Team will want to take their own crack at it.

Okay is it Sonic Team or "SEGA-Sense"? Because the former can't overtake the latter. If SEGA says Taxman makes Mania 2, Sonic Team can't "take it for themselves" that's not how businesses work.

Haha no but it's totally true. They really did. I wouldn't be surprised if they just sorta gave up and let it have a early release. That'd be both nice and sad.

Y'know, if the game did have a physical release, that wouldn't be very plausible, but since it's digital they could do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, this thread's activity spiked considerably. These last 4-5 days are going to be hell from here on out.

I love it when stuff like this happens. What a great day today has been. And this is who we have to thank for it:

DG6EnYuV0AASbK-.jpg

Thank you, evil fat Filthy Frank! 

• Chuckle 1

3 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

I like to imagine that you do think they'd try to kill them. Whitehead turning a street corner, there's Iizuka with a nailed baseball bat just waiting...

I didn't say a word about killing. You just did that on your own.

Okay is it Sonic Team or "SEGA-Sense"? Because the former can't overtake the latter.

Both the SEGA company and Sonic Team divisions operate by the SEGA-Sense philosophy, generally nonsensical and self-indulging.

You'd think that the evil but incompetent Sonic Team, if they wanted to "do it themselves" they already would.

I don't think they're evil but incompetent is the general mindset that isn't limited solely to myself.

They didn't make Sonic 4 but, based on how they have handled 2D titles ala Generations as you mentioned and 2D sections in their 3D games, Sonic Team does suck at 2D.

If SEGA says Taxman makes Mania 2, Sonic Team can't "take it for themselves" that's not how businesses work.

Of course they will go for a Mania 2, but WHO will be behind it is the thing that is cause for concern, great concern.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking

This is a giant stretch by the way

If Mania really is just a prequel to Forces... It would make a bit of sense to bring Shadow in the game as a boss since he can travel between dimensions with Infinite's power. And we saw Metal Sonic too and he came from nowhere.

And the sound that Eggman's thingy made was from the E3 trailer.

Not impossible, not gonna lie. People wouldn't like it but... Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

I was thinking

If Mania really is just a prequel to Forces... It would make a bit of sense to bring Shadow in the game as a boss since he can travel between dimensions with Infinite's power. And we saw Metal Sonic too and he came from nowhere.

I can see a connection to Forces being literally the only negative thing in reviews, well, that and maybe a tad too cluttered stage designs but, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

I was thinking

How does Zavok fit in?

Are we going to see Zavok in glorious 2D oldschool 32x sprite blast processing sprites?

And Chaos to a degree. Maybe he shows up in Knuckles's story.

17 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I didn't say a word about killing. You just did that on your own.

Y-yeah...? I said "I imagine", so, yeah...

Both the SEGA company and Sonic Team divisions operate by the SEGA-Sense philosophy, generally nonsensical and self-indulging.

So did you make up your own term (not even a cromulent one, "SEGA-Sense" is both hard to say and write) and philosophy (you couldn't actually tell me what that philosophy is, but considering the "nonsensical" part, I'm sure it's "whatever they do or could do that I don't like"), attached it to people and companies you don't even know, and used it to springboard your theories?

Do you actually believe that Sonic Team is filled with actual bullies who could and would actually "take over" a game's development from other people (across the globe, mind you)? You've already set up what exactly they'll make, somehow (is it a quality thing, or do you literally think they'd make a Generations 2 3, with 3D models and all?).

They didn't make Sonic 4 but, based on how they have handled 2D titles ala Generations as you mentioned and 2D sections in their 3D games, Sonic Team does suck at 2D.

Can't even get that scenario straight since Classic Generations/Forces is massively different from 4, but alright. 

Hold on, we're still on the point of how, why, and what this conspiracy even is, we'll get to how it'll work later.

Of course they will go for a Mania 2, but WHO will be behind it is the thing that is cause for concern, great concern.

I don't see the concern here. Apparently in this reality Iizuka will brownbeat SEGA and actually beat Taxman for the right to make Mania 2 so they can ruin it because I guess they hate you uh, I mean Sonic, personally. So, we've got that all figured out.

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

How does Zavok fit in?

Are we going to see Zavok in glorious 2D oldschool 32x sprite blast processing sprites?

And Chaos to a degree. Maybe he shows up in Knuckles's story.

Oh Zavok... Eh

It would make sense for Chaos to appear in Knuckles story. M.E. and all of that stuff.

I would scream of terror and joy at the same time if suddenly in the Mirage Saloon tornado section f*cking Shadow appears and shoots the Tornado down

What is happening?
I can't keep up with all this info anymore, is there a list of all zones confirmed after today's events?

Also, just noticed that Tee totally scrapped that version of Flying Battery from the reveal trailer. I guess he wasn't happy with how the original turned out.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Auroxen said:

What is happening?
I can't keep up with all this info anymore, is there a list of all zones confirmed after today's events?

All of the returning zones were listed, eight I believe.

Dunno about the new ones yet.

2 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

What is happening?

Spoiler

Not in order. Green Hill, Flying Battery, Chemical Plant, Oil Ocean, Metallic Madness, Hydrocity, Lava Reef, Stardust Speedway, Press Garden, Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, and two new zones that we know jack shit of. 

7 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

What is happening?

Spoiler

Green Hill

Chemical Plant

Studiopolis

Flying Battery

Press Garden (new stage)

Stardust Speedway

Hydrocity

Mirage Saloon

Rumored stages: Oil Ocean, Lava Reef, Metallic Madness

May have gotten the order wrong.

EDIT: Boy am I the stupid