Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

2 minutes ago, McGroose said:

You really got to commend his patience though. At least he isn't saying "Sorry guys, I'll do this tomorrow" out of frustration.

Alright the boss may be challenging but all of the deaths so far that I saw were his fault because he didn't wait or he wanted to glomp the octopus so much by below the oil

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

this is frustrating I just wanna see Lava Reef and sleep

same tbh, but it's late and i'm going to wake up like, REALLY EARLY,  if anything i'll see it when i get my hands on the game

Good Night guys, good spoiler season for y'all, that is, if the guy get past this zone (and it's not looking promising)

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

Alright the boss may be challenging but all of the deaths so far that I saw were his fault because he didn't wait or he wanted to hug the octopus so much

His fault and SEGA for allowing that piece of shit zone in. 

Would've rather have had I don't know Metropolis Zone before this.

he keeps losing the flame shield to the same octopus enemy every time. You've played through this zone ten times how hard is it to just learn from your mistakes.

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

There's only two real problems with this zone for him.

1 - The jumping green platforms can easily crush the player

2 - that boss is just awful. You rings are easily unrecoverable because they'll fall in the oil and you have to dodge so many projectiles.

no really, its annoying me... he's literally not learning the level layout, enemy placement or anything. He KEEPS getting hit in the same spots

1 minute ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

I guess I'm the only one who likes Oil Ocean lol. Also Metropolis was extremely frustrating back in the day. While I like Oil Ocean, I'm not thrilled with what they did here. Not because it's hard but because it doesn't really add or change much. Yeah, Act 2 has more fire to it but Act 1 is more or less exactly the same as the original and then Act 2 seems fairly straightforward unless there's some alternate paths I'm missing. 

Just now, Sonicfan287 said:

I guess I'm the only one who likes Oil Ocean lol. Also Metropolis was extremely frustrating back in the day. While I like Oil Ocean, I'm not thrilled with what they did here. Not because it's hard but because it doesn't really add or change much. Yeah, Act 2 has more fire to it but Act 1 is more or less exactly the same as the original and then Act 2 seems fairly straightforward unless there's some alternate paths I'm missing. 

I like Oil Ocean's theme, the trope and general design. But the stage itself? Holy fuck I loathed it back in Sonic 2, I loathe it here. The design is just bullshit.

I'm not going to lie, this boss looks like complete shit. It's absolutely broken. It's only partially the player's fault. The main problem here is that the boss is garbage and terribly designed. I've played Sonic 2 since I was a little kid and I know I would have problems fighting this thing.

You could see this coming with him. His approach with every boss was "hit it as many times as I can really fast and regain my rings". That strategy...doesn't work here.

I might have missed this, but can the flame shield reflect the small bullets from the small spinning....things from the boss? They were able to do that in Sonic 3&k in lava reef..

Again, commending his determination to beat the level. I would have given up two game overs ago.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Joseph Henry said:

WHO IS READY FOR ANOTHER GAME OVER?!

Ugh I can't take this... there's no way this is the ONLY guy who's streaming this game or has made it this far...

I am kind of curious if there's a way to go back to a previous level before you've beaten the game, like when you select a save file, maybe select an earlier level so you can gather some lives up. That's the strategy I use in some other games when I'm stuck on a level. Or do you have to start at the last level you've gotten to everytime you start the game? Hard to tell obviously 

the boss its self doesnt look that hard. wait on the left or right side. the boss will shoot three lazers, duck or jump. the platform will fall, quickly jump to another one and attack the things shooting at you. DO NOT worry about Eggman at this point. just destroy anthing that shoots. When Eggman is lacking in defense then attack him

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry, most of those hits (even from the boss) are entirely his fault. He's taking absolutely NO TIME to learn the layout. All he's doing is trying to zip through and hope he can beat the boss through a game of trial and error. Instead, he keeps getting hit and hit. Oil Ocean is a zone that PUNISHES you for playing so blindly.

I'll tell you one thing. He WON'T beat the boss if he keeps up this "strategy."

We've all had that moment where, after playing for hours, the best thing to is just take a break and collect yourself.

Easier said than done, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, GoldnEdge said:

Drinking Game... everytime he gets hit we take a shot

Do you want me to get hospitalized? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, GoldnEdge said:

Drinking Game... everytime he gets hit we take a shot

That's a good way to get someone to die of alcohol poisoning.