Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

Just now, Zippo said:

Not watching. Is he just messing around in regular levels or is he going for the last zone again?

He's about to beat the final boss we've already seen. Really close to seeing super sonic exclusive content.

Soooo

Spoiler

The main egg heavy does betray eggman at the last second. We totally didn't see that coming lol

>It's an "Eggman is betrayed by his creation" episode

I can taste the salt already

Also he game over'd at the true final boss, so back to Titanic Monarch.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

Soooo

Reveal hidden contents

The main egg heavy does betray eggman at the last second. We totally didn't see that coming lol

Betrayal? You're fighting both! All they did was a wierd Brofist kind thing, then teamed up against you. No one betrayed anyone here. I got more of a last resort method here.

On a side note, I really don't want to watch titanic monarch again. It sucks that you have to replay that level to get to the final level. :/

Surprising absolutely no one...

aqzVbAQ.png

Didn't this guy used to have legs?

EDIT: just to clarify, I meant that top heavy was at the extra zone. But it still remains to be seen if you get to fight him at other point with Chuckles.

2 minutes ago, McGroose said:

That' betrayal? You're fighting both! All they did was a wierd Brofist kind thing, then teamed up against you. No one betrayed anyone here. I got more of a last resort method here.

On a side note, I really don't want to watch titanic monarch again. It sucks that you have to replay that level to get to the final level. :/

Wait so is there an actual final level (like does it transition to another stage?) or do you stay in the final boss and it just has a second phase. I don't actually want to know what the final boss is, just curious to know if there's a Zone 13 basically. 

You get teleported with the Infinite sound effect to an ethereal new stage with infinite purple clouds in the BG and Sonic floating.

EDIT: No name's given though, so it's implied to still be Titanic Monarch? Dunno.

Just now, Sonicfan287 said:

Wait so is there an actual final level (like does it transition to another stage?) or do you stay in the final boss and it just has a second phase. I don't actually want to know what the final boss is, just curious to know if there's a Zone 13 basically. 

Yes, but it's more like a final arena, not a zone. Don't expect Doomsday.

Hmmm interesting... and I'm guessing it is still part of Titanic Monarch if you get a game over and can't just select that zone from the menu... that's kinda unfortunate. I'm glad there's an extra layer but I was hoping for another zone or even half a zone where you fight Robotnik and the final HBH more properly. Still, we'll see what happens. I'm still kind of holding out hope that the blue spheres unlock extra "just for fun" levels or that there are hidden levels in the game like how Sonic 2's remaster had hidden palace as an optional level. For now, I'm content knowing it's the 12 zones plus an extra boss to get the good ending and sad to know there's no "Eggmania Zone" 

3 minutes ago, Eggman said:

Is that purple crystal supposed to be a chaos emerald?

Nope. Is a new thing.

That we don't know nothing about... Except it can control time, is reddish purple, and has the same sound from the Forces E3 trailer....

HMMMMM....

It may not even be it's own separate zone. It could just be an extension of Titanic Monarch, which would explain why he has to restart the entire level after having gotten a game over.

1 minute ago, The KKM said:

You get teleported with the Infinite sound effect to an ethereal new stage with infinite purple clouds in the BG and Sonic floating.

D4hGQJp.png

Is this actually happening? I really want to get a screen of this now.

9 minutes ago, gato said:

Surprising absolutely no one...

Hide contents

aqzVbAQ.png

Didn't this guy used to have legs?

EDIT: just to clarify, I meant that top heavy was at the extra zone. But it still remains to be seen if you get to fight him at other point with Chuckles.

WAIT AM I CRAZY

OR THE CLOUDS ARE FORMING THE INFINITE SYMBOL

1 minute ago, Joseph Henry said:

WAIT AM I CRAZY

You're crazy, and so is everyone here who're trying desperately to find ways to connect this game to Forces.

On the other hand, I love how the mech is being held together with duct tape.

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

Well, I've got one screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

EJvDywQ.jpg

It looks a lot harder than Doomsday, IMO.

Oh, so it's the one I posted above, I was probably misreading stu-

1 minute ago, Joseph Henry said:

WAIT AM I CRAZY

Wait, what?

Actually, hold on.

SQIFiQJBSl6zcRx8saz5zA.png

tQCR4YWMTf2kWsJ9PjoIoA.png

QlxQNWv5Q4WJM09G62dhHg.png

57Mve7r4RoGRTL6lR-XSRQ.png

3ZsRf-Y3T92LVP7_26Ur8w.png

You'll notice the timer's on the fritz and just shoving a bunch of wrong times. They're not at random entirely, but they're also clearly wrong, going from 4 to 0 to 8 and so forth.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't tell if people WANT this game to be linked to Sonic Forces or they don't. I personally don't care either way but it seems like some people are just TRYING to find links to Infinite and Forces while others want nothing to do with it. I personally don't think the games are related but I won't be upset if they are. 

Honestly at this point I want since tbh if it is, there's MORE of a story than the game actually has. Without the Forces element, the story as shown so far is literally just "Eggrobos find purple rock, weird unexplained shit happens for an entire game".

• Thumbs Up 2