Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

1 minute ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Hey dude, thanks for answering questions. One I have is in the Final Boss Super Sonic seemed to fly around. Can he fly anywhere else?

flying is final boss exclusive.

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

So any hopes of secrets like playable characters?

Maybe if someone wants to play blue spheres in time square. I can't bloody stand blue spheres, forgive me.

• Thumbs Up 2

What do you think your favorite part of the game is?

What were you disappointed in?

What took you completely by surprise in the game?

How often do you play gay dudes fucking in the lockeroom in your streams?

Thanks for answering our questions, Mark.

Are you taking non Super Sonic stage upload requests? Studiopolis Act 2 and Flying Battery Acts1&2 are the only stages we don't have fully online, as we know you had to keep moving streaming services. Is there anyway we can have uploads of these? We all totally understand if it can't be done.

Just now, Zippo said:

Thanks, for answering our questions, Mark.

Are you taking non Super Sonic stage upload requests? Studiopolis Act 2 and Flying Battery Acts1&2 are the only stages we don't have fully online, as we know you had to keep moving streaming services. Is there anyway we can have uploads of these? We all totally understand if it can't be done.

I can replay them if needed, no worries.

5 minutes ago, Mark447 said:

I can replay them if needed, no worries.

Thank you! Just give us your YouTube channel and we'll all subscribe.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

Thank you! Just give us your YouTube channel and we'll all subscribe.

I'll stream it on vk or something.

7 minutes ago, Mark447 said:

I'll stream it on vk or something.

Even better. Just give us a time.

My last question is, have you gotten any threats of legal action or any warnings from Sega?

I would hope there has not been legal interventions; but maybe they did want to test their available ways of cancelling out streams in case of future games that they would prefer keep the official release window.

I think that by now the Mania team at least has seen that there is if anything much more hype than before; including the amount of views on the animation video that otherwise wasn't even going to be released yet!! ^_^ 

We will still look forward to watching and experiencing their official stream of playing through Mania on Tuesday!  Then of course where the sphere of memes has long been key part of the extended culture of Sonic, it is very much a positive for example to have the new meme context for Press Garden, among others, that would probably not feel as completely memetic without it having happened during the unofficial reveal of the zone.    

22 minutes ago, Zippo said:

My last question is, have you gotten any threats of legal action or any warnings from Sega?

Why would I? I'm a paying customer, I'm not under NDA so I see no issue.

8 minutes ago, Mark447 said:

Why would I? I'm a paying customer, I'm not under NDA so I see no issue.

Oh I figured as much. I only thought that because Sega was determined to stop you at all costs. Sega (Aaron, Sergio in particular) are visibly unhappy with you, but you have done nothing wrong, as you bought the game legally. Their frustration is a moot point, as nice and genuine as the guys over there are.

Forgive me if this has been asked before but is Titanic Monarch is a two act final level like Death Egg?

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before but is Titanic Monarch is a two act final level like Death Egg?

Yea 1 boss in each act

I think the only gameplay I've noticed being missing is Chemical Plant and Studiopolis (I'm waiting to see those bosses and refreshing Youtube a lot in case they get uploaded). I need to see the miniboss and Boss of Chemical Plant. I saw the gifs of the Mean Bean Machine and I'm too into it that I need to see it, man. 

Also, you were told that those guys were Team Hooligan. Bean, Bark, and Fang were a team in the Archie Sonic comics. I find it super amusing and I want fullfootage of the Mean Bean Machine to see if Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts showed up at all. Because I had a joke months ago that... might not be a joke after all now. 

I find it... incredibly amusing that ideas from the Sonic comic books are leaking into the games is all. I have to wonder if that's important to Forces at all. I've been wanting an Archie Sonic game for near over a decade now ever since I read the comics as a kid. I have to wonder if that's actually happening now. It's a current theory of mine that I'm running with. You can read about it here.

And now that Mania and Forces are seeming to be directly tied to each other, I have to wonder if I'm actually right about this whole thing. 

Playing some Knuckles now if you guys wanna watch.

https://vk.com/club107678733?z=video-107678733_456239022%2Fvideos-107678733%2Fpl_-107678733_-2

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Sega (Aaron, Sergio in particular) are visibly unhappy with you

Honestly they shouldn't really expect me NOT to leak it, most people who aren't under NDA just wanna share information with others. So to be upset at me is foolish, be upset with Nintendo. I wouldn't have got the game if not for their incompetence when it comes to this kinda thing.,=

• Thumbs Up 5

Thanks for coming here, Mark, and thanks for streaming the game!

I'd appreciate some confirmation on whether Competition mode is available for every Zone. I believe this to be the case because of it being locked off at the beginning and being unlocked together with Time Attack mode, but maybe it's still limited to a certain selection.

I am also curious about whether Tails can go Super with the Chaos Emeralds, but since this would mean going to the effort of collecting them all again on a new save and Tails' game being unlikely to have substantial story differences to Sonic's, you don't have to do this.

28 minutes ago, Eggman said:

Mark can you try and find out some of the new character's names? They have to be in the game somewhere

I suspect that if there's an art gallery in the Extras menu, we'd find the names there, unless the pieces are just numbered instead of having titles. However, confirming that would mean getting medals, and that would mean playing Blue Sphere.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Can someone help me? What should I do to make the video work on chrome?

For me, enabling Flash helped. Click on the "Secure" text to the left of the URL, then make sure Flash is set to "Allow".

14 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Can someone help me? What should I do to make the video work on chrome?

If you're on a phone, disable Wi-Fi. That usually works. If not, I'm sure some people will upload on YouTube later tonight.

32 minutes ago, Mark447 said:

Playing some Knuckles now if you guys wanna watch.

https://vk.com/club107678733?z=video-107678733_456239022%2Fvideos-107678733%2Fpl_-107678733_-2

Honestly they shouldn't really expect me NOT to leak it, most people who aren't under NDA just wanna share information with others. So to be upset at me is foolish, be upset with Nintendo. I wouldn't have got the game if not for their incompetence when it comes to this kinda thing.,=

Thanks again. That has pretty much been my mindset with just about every person streaming games that they brought legally a couple days before release. It isn't harming the game in any real, tangible way. In fact, I'd say it's basically free advertisement. I've seen multiple people be swayed over to buying the game because of your stream.

• Thumbs Up 1