Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

6 minutes ago, Eggman said:

Anyone else saw that screenshot of modern sonic in green hill? If its real maybe hes unlocked from medals too

adad5573be49891c205d7a02f333c03d7134d0c1

haven't gotten that far, I have like 10ish metals or so?

also there's this

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Somecallmejohnny will fangasm when he sees this message

Did you figured out how to use the abilities? How many medals did you get for it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I new in the forum,how many unlockables have in the menu extras ? Insta shield and the peel out count as a unlockables from this menu ?

1 minute ago, Rodx said:

I new in the forum,how many unlockables have in the menu extras ? Insta shield and the peel out count as a unlockable from this menu ?

Dunno yet, I may have to collect all the metals. Working on it

1 minute ago, Mark447 said:

Dunno yet, I may have to collect all the metals. Working on it

No,I asking how many blocked things with ???????? have in the extras menu .for we have a guess of what unlockables can be .

I already have the answer from a youtube video, looks like we have five ??? spots on the extra menu,my guess :

1-peel out,     2 - insta Shield 

3- Sound Test ? ,    4 - Theater Mode ?

5 - Someone guess ? 

1 minute ago, Rodx said:

I already have the ansewer from a youtube video looks like have five ??? spots on extra menu,my guess :

1-peel out,     2 - insta Shield 

3- Sound Test ? ,    4 - Theater Mode ?

5 - Someone guess ? 

It could be

* Debug mode 

* Sonic Forces Demo/Teaser

* Sonic 1 and 2 Remasters

* A new character 

Sweet!

Spoiler

So the Super-Peel Out and Insta-Shield are unlockable moves Sonic can use by playing the Blue Sphere stages...

I wonder what Knuckles and Tails can unlock as they complete the Blue Sphere stages? It would be cool to see their super forms or maybe some fun costumes. Cowboy Hat Knuckles and Goggles Tails from the Sonic OVA anyone ;)?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to bet one of the unlockables is debug mode. Or maybe there's a sound test that can also double as a place to enter cheat codes (one being debug mode), Sonic 2 style?

• Thumbs Up 2

W92wtrQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

What in the world...

Also, apparently all of the extras are still unlocked. Could one be a mirror mode or a hard mode?

You know what?

I bet if you get all the medals with all of the characters...

You unlock Big.

He uses Froggy the way Cream used Cheese in Advance 2.

Hop 2 it.

• Promotion 3

Insta-Shield? Cool, now my obsessive pressing of the jump button in the air will actually do something! (Drop Dash is Down+Jump, right?)

I'm guessing "& Knuckles" mode is Knuckles following Sonic like Tails?

makes me wonder if anyone tried to unlock sound test/level select the old fashioned way. if you can unlock it like you could in sonic 1, 2, 3 & K it's possible it might be the same or similar to one of those methods. that would probably be the only way we will know for sure if there are no other hidden stages. I can't imagine they would make you get all the medals to do something all the other games let you do without any save data. 

if insta-shield is in the game I wonder how much stuff that would break, since some of the bosses you get really close to being able to jump and hit them but they're just barely out of reach. 

Know what I just noticed?

zyM9EZ6.png

Maybe they were literal with this lol. 

EDIT: 

"Wreak havoc at the propaganda factory"

Oh so that's what Press Garden is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Know what I just noticed?

zyM9EZ6.png

Maybe they were literal with this lol. 

Was thinking that earlier. Wouldn't be a surprise.

I was really hoping that meant a whole new 2D franchise contained within itself, but hey.

3 hours ago, Mark447 said:

adad5573be49891c205d7a02f333c03d7134d0c1

haven't gotten that far, I have like 10ish metals or so?

also there's this

That was totally unexpected. I hope there's a way to use it with drop dash, like pressing up and jump in the air only activates instashield, snd pressing jump in the air activates drop dash.

I also hope you can unlock Sonic 3 sprites :)

26 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Was thinking that earlier. Wouldn't be a surprise.

I was really hoping that meant a whole new 2D franchise contained within itself, but hey.

I always thought it was weird, like "This is where it begins"

Where what begins?

I thought it should've been "This is where it began" as in back to old roots 2D spritebased gameplay, a big typo, but dunno English isn't my first language so whatever.

That foreshadowing man. Biggest bamboozle. 

I know we can't take a Sonic plot too serious,but somethings don't made sense(or I don't understand) why they are at the Little Planet in the ending ? and I have the impression that Little Planet goes to another dimension alongside classic Sonic at the ending stead to go to the space like in Sonic cd's good ending, that mean that Infinity is Bad Future Little Planet incarnated ?