Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

40 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

750.gif

DUDE!!! THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!!

What's going on? There's not some issue is there?

For me it was cause I had ordered it under a cars i had destroyed cause of a fye scam and got a new one. Bit Amazon still had the order under the old card even though I cleared it's records. I just changed it to the newer one and the stays updated to preparing for shipment

Now that it's started releasing officially in certain territories I wonder if Taxman/Stealth might start commenting on certain things, perhaps let us know what's up with the presumed missing transitions or if there is a patch planned etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tenko said:

Now that it's started releasing officially in certain territories I wonder if Taxman/Stealth might start commenting on certain things, perhaps let us know what's up with the presumed missing transitions or if there is a patch planned etc. 

I'm expecting more "Iizuka's Orders" type of stuff like we've gotten so far.

9 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm expecting more "Iizuka's Orders" type of stuff like we've gotten so far.

OH MY GOD

Can we please stop blaming EVERYTHING bad from Sonic on Iizuka?!

• Thumbs Up 7

8 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

OH MY GOD

No, he was the sole reason Sonic 4 was a rehash in HD. Let's face it Iizuka has become passionless. He's no idea what he's doing and neither does the rest of Sonic Team for that matter. He's a terrible leader.

Okay, so I managed to catch up with the Knuckles ending.

It's the same as Sonic's bad ending, even with the Chaos Emeralds. So it seems it's the same situation as Doomsday Zone. 

19 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

OH MY GOD

He's the guy in the lead chair. The more appropriate question is "can we stop defending him yet?" really. We're part of the reason things go wrong because we fail to point out those in charge who MAKE things go wrong by using the "Well... SEGA's above him..." scapegoat, it has to stop eventually. I'm not saying EVERYTHING is his fault, but a MAJORITY is given his position and involvements.

41 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

For me it was cause I had ordered it under a cars i had destroyed cause of a fye scam and got a new one. Bit Amazon still had the order under the old card even though I cleared it's records. I just changed it to the newer one and the stays updated to preparing for shipment

I have the same issue. It may have been because when I ordered it I still had my OLD bank card but I don't know, I thought I had my new one at that time already. I called my bank and they said Amazon hadn't sent any charges their way, to my card I have now anyway, so I'm guessing that was the issue. Old information used even though I'd already updated it on my profile.

You'd think Amazon would have things set up so old orders updated when you updated your info but I guess not.

9 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

No, he was the sole reason Sonic 4 was a rehash in HD. Let's face it Iizuka has become passionless. He's no idea what he's doing and neither does the rest of Sonic Team for that matter. He's a terrible leader.

It's not that he's a terrible leader, I just think he's worked on Sonic for too long and is now messing with the franchise too much just to stay interested and keeps rehashing content from his previous works ala Egg Pawns and such. They're like his babies given Heroes was his idea back in the day. What they SHOULD do is put him in charge of other projects instead and give Sonic Team to someone else. He would do very well for other series I think since it would be refreshing for him.

SEGA shouldn't get RID of him, that's not my point. They should give him other work to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's not that he's a terrible leader, I just think he's worked on Sonic for too long and is now messing with the franchise too much just to stay interested and keeps rehashing content from his previous works ala Egg Pawns and such. They're like his babies given Heroes was his idea back in the day. What they SHOULD do is put him in charge of other projects instead and give Sonic Team to someone else. He would do very well for other series I think since it would be refreshing for him.

Yeah, but he was never a producer until after 06. That's when the problems began when it comes to this series lacking in direction. The difference between him and Yuji Naka is that Yuji knew when to call it quits. I agree he needs to be working on something else. Give the position of CEO to someone who'd actually know what to do.

Just now, TargetWatch said:

Yeah, but he was never a producer until after 06. That's when the problems began when it comes to this series lacking in direction. The difference between him and Yuji Naka is that Yuji knew when to call it quits. I agree he needs to be working on something else. Give the position of CEO to someone who'd actually know what to do.

If I had it my way over there I'd have Iizuka step away from Sonic and work on bringing out another NiGHTS and Billy Hatcher title, see how he does with something like that then go from there. Give him new work that doesn't involve Sonic while working to bring back some old IP's.

He's a good employee for SEGA, but the guy is burning out on Sonic, that's what I feel.

• Promotion 1

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Is Heavy King the final boss in Knuckles story?

Not the final boss. Because you don't fight him in the true final boss (as Knuckles does not have a super fight), you fight him in Lava Reef Act 2 (instead of Heavy Knight). 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Not the final boss. Because you don't fight him in the true final boss (as Knuckles does not have a super fight), you fight him in Lava Reef Act 2 (instead of Heavy Knight). 

So wait, do Knuckles and Tails have a "true final boss" of their own or is it just the normal Robotnik fight at the end and that's it?

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

So wait, do Knuckles and Tails have a "true final boss" of their own or is it just the normal Robotnik fight at the end and that's it?

Just the normal Eggman fight, then the normal ending that has all three stare at Little Planet as it vamooses. 

Just now, Eggman said:

Where are you guys getting these names from?

We're making them up.

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Just the normal Eggman fight, then the normal ending that has all three stare at Little Planet as it vamooses. 

We're making them up.

You know what?

About the Little Planet vanishing, you notice it doesn't break free of the metal shell this time?

22 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

If I had it my way over there I'd have Iizuka step away from Sonic and work on bringing out another NiGHTS and Billy Hatcher title, see how he does with something like that then go from there. Give him new work that doesn't involve Sonic while working to bring back some old IP's.

He's a good employee for SEGA, but the guy is burning out on Sonic, that's what I feel.

Tbh I also think Iizuka should step away from Sonic games. But sadly he probably won't and I can't do anything about it. If I was capable, to retire people with the snap of my fingers, I would retire him (and Miyamoto) out of Sonic (and Mario) in a second. Still, I doubt he is the only one to blame.

lol a few reviews said althought Tails and Knuckles play differently, there isn't much use for their abilities. There's a whole Act dedicated to Knuckles (Mirage Saloon)!! 

Lava Reef is full of moments where you have Knuckles shortcuts, that's how he has such a different boss. 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Tbh I also think Iizuka should step away Sonic games. But sadly he probably won't and I can't do anything about it. If I was capable, to retire people with the snap of my fingers, I would retire him (and Miyamoto) out of Sonic (and Mario) in a second. Still, I doubt he is the only one to blame.

Iizuka isn't the only one to blame, but he's a massive piece of the puzzle.

I don't think firing nor' retiring is the right choice. He just needs to be given something else to do at SEGA.

In a business, if you have an employee failing at his tasks, you have two options. Eliminate, or reposition.

If you choose to reposition, you give that employee a new task to try. See if they succeed at doing something different.

If after that second, or third chance should you choose to try the same thing again, and they still fail, you eliminate.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Jango said:

lol a few reviews said althought Tails and Knuckles play differently, there isn't much use for their abilities. There's a whole Act dedicated to Knuckles (Mirage Saloon)!! 

Meh, I'm still going to enjoy flying around with Tails regardless what people think. I'm excited about that since we haven't had such freedom with Tails since Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I don't think firing nor' retiring is the right choice. He just needs to be given something else to do at SEGA.

In a business, if you have an employee failing at his tasks, you have two options. Eliminate, or reposition.

If you choose to reposition, you give that employee a new task to try. See if they succeed at doing something different.

If after that second, or third chance should you choose to try the same thing again, and they still fail, you eliminate.

Yep and I wouldn't actually want Iizuka to suffer where he can't feed his family. There's no point to firing him, just give him another job. Personally I think after Sonic Forces the man may change his mind. There's just something about Sonic Forces that's going to be the final straw that will break the camel's back. Maybe it'll be the lack of direction or the pathetic attempt to try and dedicate one game to everyone, or the lack of consistency in game design, the over-use of 2D which will put into question the boost gameplay's overall worth and whether Sonic Team ought to continue with it or let it go for something superior. Could be that people are getting tired of the brand confusion seeing Classic Sonic and Modern being treated as separate characters. One way or another I see Sonic Forces changing Sonic Team for good.

20 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

The thing is, even if we all unanimously agreed that Iizuka is a big part of the problem and needs to be repositioned, or whatever, there isn't really a better person to put in his place.  We don't have anyone that we can point to and say, "they'll get it right."  The only person that really stands out to me as being in any way fit for the role is Yuji Naka, but he bailed quite a while ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, G-Force said:

The thing is, even if we all unanimously agreed that Iizuka is a big part of the problem and needs to be repositioned, or whatever, there isn't really a better person to put in his place.  We don't have anyone that we can point to and say, "they'll get it right."  The only person that really stands out to me as being in any way fit for the role is Yuji Naka, but he bailed quite a while ago.

Literally anyone would be better than Iizuka at this point. Even Shun Nakamura...