Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

17 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

It is; and it is quite amazing!  It has design homages to other Knuckles-only areas and their dynamics, including Angel Island and Sandopolis; and of course an entirely different music track that fits the moods. ^_^^_^ 

Lol that's really funny and a nice detail, I thought it was just a gag when he got knocked off the plane. 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Super Tails confirmed, but he isn't the same as he was in S3&K.

gB2dYEI.png

No flicky army? Well I'm fine with that because they kind of broke the game and made all of the bosses a complete joke. 

Right as I was about to comment that there's not a lot of Tails stuff in this thread, someone posts Super Tails. It's awesome that he's actually in! Are there any differences besides the lack of Flickies?

I also wanted to share some stuff which I don't think anyone's posted here yet. Tails' game intro has Sonic piloting the plane. Sonic's wearing what I'm pretty sure are the Sonic 1 leftover goggles, which is pretty cool!

Spoiler

nQ3FWKN.jpg Goggles.png Sonicgoggles_Run.gif

And here's part of Tails' intro to Chemical Plant.

Spoiler

https://webmshare.com/VJwmZ

Instead of getting a unique animation like Sonic and Knuckles, Tails just goes into his idle animation of looking at the camera, then looks up when the drop lands on him. Kinda disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

So there any way to know what the rest of the characters names are, like the final boss? Are they in the game somewhere or are we just never gonna know?

Of course Tails can't sustain super flickies with just the plain chaos emeralds. :b

If only someone could figure out how to restore the super emeralds on Knuckles path.

• Chuckle 1

54 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Super Tails confirmed, but he isn't the same as he was in S3&K.

gB2dYEI.png

As a Tails fan, I am very pleased by this. I was gonna be very annoyed if only Sonic and Knuckles was super. Finally they are all treated fairly.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 2

1 minute ago, TailsTellsTales said:

As a Tails fan, I am very pleased by this. I was gonna be very annoyed if only Sonic and Knuckles was super. Finally they are all treated fairly.

Back then, Tails was orange. Now days he's yellow. Maybe he's super all the time?

18 minutes ago, Azure P said:

Back then, Tails was orange. Now days he's yellow. Maybe he's super all the time?

He looks yellow orange to me.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130721090438latest?cb=20140823180247

When your sitting waiting for freaking amazon to ship your damn game lol. lord amazon im missing out :c

18 minutes ago, Eggman said:

So there any way to know what the rest of the characters names are, like the final boss? Are they in the game somewhere or are we just never gonna know?

I think we might just have to ask Taxman or Stealth or someone in a few days.

Wanted to share some more stuff. Sorry if it's been pointed out before.

Studiopolis:

Spoiler

aQprSJz.jpg AJ6sSkO.jpg

The trains rolling in the background of the Act 1 boss fight have graffiti on them. The words are familiar from Spring Yard: CPU and COPE.

Mirage Saloon:

Spoiler

https://webmshare.com/GGvYA

The Hooligan who attacks you in the transition from Act 1 to Act 2 might be random. Mark had Bean throw a bomb at the Tornado, didn't he? I was instead shot down by Fang. Has anyone had Bark show up here?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

For those who have the game, has anyone been having issues with the Blue Spheres bonus stages? I'm experiencing some input lag. It's killed a few good runs for me. Playing on the Switch.

Mirage Saloon:

Spoiler

Cool! Haven't seen Nack show up there yet, don't suppose he was on the Marvelous Queen? I've seen Bark shoot down the plane on stream, so all three can indeed do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, A_W said:

Hide contents

https://webmshare.com/GGvYA

The Hooligan who attacks you in the transition from Act 1 to Act 2 might be random. Mark had Bean throw a bomb at the Tornado, didn't he? I was instead shot down by Fang. Has anyone had Bark show up here?

Spoiler

I've seen Fang and Bean, but It would be interesting to see what Bark would do to the plane without a ranged weapon. Also, did you notice that Sonic looks ahead at them before the Heavy Magician flies off screen? Those were definitely the real Hooligans.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Red said:

For those who have the game, has anyone been having issues with the Blue Spheres bonus stages? I'm experiencing some input lag. It's killed a few good runs for me. Playing on the Switch.

I've been playing on PS4. No input lag; the only glitch I've encountered with Blue Sphere is that once, the sphere counter didn't match the actual number of spheres in the stage, so I cleared a stage with two or three blue spheres still in front of me. Not sure if it was like that from the start or if maybe the game messed up when it was converting a non-rectangular formation of spheres into rings or something.

1 minute ago, Cuz said:
  Hide contents

Cool! Haven't seen Nack show up there yet, don't suppose he was on the Marvelous Queen? I've seen Bark shoot down the plane on stream, so all three can indeed do it.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, no; he was standing on one of the flying armadillo-bot-things, same as Bean in Mark's stream. The link I included is a video; is it not working? Also, do you remember on whose stream you saw Bark? How did he attack the plane?

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Bark pounds the head of the mechanized turtle he's riding on to get it to fire at the tornado. Same animation as one of his attacks in the boss fight.

and sorry I didn't notice the video. I'll check it out now. Shame  I was really hoping to see the Marvelous Queen somewhere. xD

Been watching BigJon on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/gamej06

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, expansivelovestories said:

It is; and it is quite amazing!  It has design homages to other Knuckles-only areas and their dynamics, including Angel Island and Sandopolis; and of course an entirely different music track that fits the moods. ^_^^_^ 

Huh. That's rather interesting. Who would have thought Mirage Saloon would be the one stage to get 3 acts, technically.

• Nice Smile 1

36 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Huh. That's rather interesting. Who would have thought Mirage Saloon would be the one stage to get 3 acts, technically.

The music has been posted!

Yes; it is a special treat!  I have relocated the stream, it is viewable at 6:03:35 onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKJmzVILsDM  The mini boss is a very special throwback too! 

Mirage Saloon boss fight being a magician who turns into Fang, Bean and Bark is a pretty inspired idea. Most of the bossfights, with the exception of the metal sonic one, which is more frustrating (the punting silver sonics part is not at all good) have been really fun and creative .

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Mirage Saloon is shaping up to be my favorite stage thanks to the Sky Chase opening act, the sly OVA reference, and the return of hooligans. Disagree about Metal though, the Saloon and Speedway boss fights are practically tied for my heart.

Here's the Trophy List (unless it's already been posted)

Spoiler
SMTROPH1
No Way? No Way Collect gold medallions in Blue Spheres Bonus stage
SMTROPH2
Full Medal Jacket Collect silver medallions in Blue Spheres Bonus stage
SMTROPH3
Magnificent Seven Collect all seven Chaos Emeralds
SMTROPH4
See You Next Game Achieve any ending
SMTROPH5
Superstar Spin the Star Post!
SMTROPH6
That's a Two-fer Find the hidden item boxes at the end of the Zone
SMTROPH7
Now It Can't Hurt You Anymore What would happen if you cross a bridge with a fire shield?
SMTROPH8
Triple Trouble Try for a 3 chain combo!
SMTROPH9
The Most Famous Hedgehog in the World Have your photos taken in Studiopolis Zone
SMTROPH16
Window Shopping Let the wind take you through
SMTROPH10
Crate Expectations Wreak havoc at the propaganda factory
SMTROPH11
King of Speed Get through Stardust Speedway Zone as quickly as possible
SMTROPH12
Boat Enthusiast We really like boats
SMTROPH13
The Password is "Special Stage" Try pushing a barrel to see how far it goes
SMTROPH14
Secret Sub You might have to submerge to find it
SMTROPH15
Without a Trace Barrel through the lava, don't let anything stop you
SMTROPH17
Collect 'Em All Gotta gacha 'em all
SMTROPH18
Professional Hedgehog That elusive perfect run, only a professional can achieve

Spoiler

The Devs on the Tails' Channel stream confirmed that the Gem Stone messes with the timer. Timeline shenanigans?

• Thumbs Up 1