Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

Just now, simtek34 said:

So, VK isn't working for me. Has he passed Chemical Plant? I just wanna know the next stage before I finally Quit the Internet For a few days.

He said that the stream's having issues.

I think he got midway through the Chemical Plant miniboss.

Mania looks like a fun return to genuine Classic Sonic, so forcing (lol) a connection Forces is pretty shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, simtek34 said:

So, VK isn't working for me. Has he passed Chemical Plant? I just wanna know the next stage before I finally Quit the Internet For a few days.

It's not working for me either. What is going on?

3 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Mania looks like a fun return to genuine Classic Sonic, so forcing (lol) a connection Modern is pretty shit.

Again, how? Oh no, a plot device is shared between two games! Mania acknowledges that games exist past 1997! How can I possibly have fun knowing this?

If Mania ends on a massive cliffhanger with loose ends, that's bad. If it's too obvious, that's not good either. But the connection existing? That's not bad.

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

Mania looks like a fun return to genuine Classic Sonic, so forcing (lol) a connection Forces is pretty shit.

Hear hear.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed that they didn't believe in Mania enough to let it stand on its own. 

Not Taxman's fault, I'm sure. This has Izuka's fingerprints all over it.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Hear hear.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed that they didn't believe in Mania enough to let it stand on its own. 

Not Taxman's fault, I'm sure. This has Izuka's fingerprints all over it.

Like goddamn guys, neither game is even out yet and you're literally treating Taxman and Iizuka as God and the Devil respectively.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

All of this over a single sound effect.

I'm glad to see that Iizuka is synonymous with Dinkleberg for many of you.

Not really sure if I like the Puyo boss, but that music is 10/10

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

5 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Again, how? Oh no, a plot device is shared between two games! Mania acknowledges that games exist past 1997! How can I possibly have fun knowing this?

Because like Mechano said, Mania should've been able to stand on its own without being a paid prequel for Forces. It's not going to completely ruin the game, but it will detract from my enjoyment somewhat. 

4 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Taxman and Iizuka as God and the Devil respectively.

I'm not though. I don't even hate Iizuka like most of the fanbase seems to, but if this is because of him I'll be pretty disappointed.

Edit: Puyo Puyo boss is nice, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, McGroose said:

To be fair, he did make Shadow the Hedgehog - both the character and the titular game.

So I feel that my distrust of his decisions is not unwarranted.

6 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Because like Mechano said, Mania should've been able to stand on its own without being a paid prequel for Forces. It's not going to completely ruin the game, but it will detract from my enjoyment somewhat. 

How do you know it doesn't stand on its own? 

Again, you're getting upset that two games announced, developed, and releasing around the same time reference each other. You're firing off "This is Iizuka's fault he literally hates Sonic and killed my dog!!!" over a sound effect. 

To be fair, he did make Shadow the Hedgehog - both the character and the titular game.

He made a game and character you didn't like and he's responsible for everything wrong you find with the series?

He's also responsible for Mania's existence and Taxman working on it, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dr. Mechano said:

Well then, it's a good thing that Forces isn't Shadow the Hedgehog. I'm sure our opinions of both Shadow and his game are fairly similar

Gaaarbage

If they think that connecting it to Forces means I'll buy it before it's second hand bargain bin material they are sadly mistaken.

As was said I would also be sad they didn't let Mania stand on its own. Having the modern game and plot points thrown into Mania would certainly make me feel how some of the modern fans have felt having classic Sonic shoehorned into Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, McGroose said:

7 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Like goddamn guys, neither game is even out yet and you're literally treating Taxman and Iizuka as God and the Devil respectively.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

hung0.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWj2HKBYhSYCN81b_Vr5e

I mean, stuff like this was pretty normal not so long ago. Just because the pictures stopped doesn't mean the opinions of him went away. These are literally some of the first things that show up on Google when you search him.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

How do you know it doesn't stand on its own? 

Again, you're getting upset that two games announced, developed, and releasing around the same time reference each other. You're firing off "This is Iizuka's fault he literally hates Sonic and killed my dog!!!" over a sound effect. 

Its no secret that people are way more excited for Mania than Forces here, additionally people would prefer the two games to be separate. Even if Mania is a good game, the fact that it could be connected to Forces kind of taints the experience.

• Thumbs Up 5