Awoo.

PC version of Mania delayed till August 29th... #FuckDenuvo

Alienrun

Lucky I have a Switch, but the PC delay really should've been announced sooner. This just comes off as screwing over the fanbase and hype for the game. GG Sega.

If the delay killed your excitement for the game, then why would it upset you to have to wait for it.

#ownedbyl0gic

• Thumbs Up 1

It is very upsetting to hear this type of news for PC and I bought the CE on that platform while still trying to dodge all the bullets of spoilers on social media, But It's for the better so it's not rushed out the door, I personally still wish Christian can release all the definitive versions of classic Sonic games that are on mobile to PC and consoles. So then that way everyone can enjoy great classics on better hardware that's been build to the ground up instead of emulation all the time to get the job done and quick.

SG had problems in terms of a few errors that won't boot up the game for PC that can be frustrating. I'm glad they're looking into it a lot more to make sure the quality is perfect and hopefully doesn't have these issues with SF in the future.

If the delay killed your excitement for the game, then why would it upset you to have to wait for it.

Have you read what has been said? It has been more than "having to wait for it".

1 hour ago, Natie said:

#ownedbyl0gic

Regardless of whether you feel the desire to "win" here, despite there being no reward for doing so, you didn't really give any logic here. Completely ignoring what people are saying isn't "logic", and certainly expressing it in this manner doesn't help your case either.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Natie said:

#ownedbyl0gic

Well done! Bravo! :D

• Promotion 1

4 hours ago, Natie said:

#ownedbyl0gic

Hasn't killed my excitement at all, honestly. I am frustrated that my CE is now locked in on the PC and I'll have to eat another 20 bucks for the Switch version in an otherwise tight month financially because the alternative is going two weeks while trying to avoid spoilers. I also took time off work that I can't get back, thus losing a 20% hourly differential based on the time of day I work. It's just a bad time, but I'm still playing Mania on Tuesday even if it's not ideally how I hoped it would go down.

What does kill my excitement is

Spoiler

learning the level count is not in fact "larger than Sonic 3 & Knuckles" and apparently the division of returning zones vs all new is kinda sucky. But that's SEGA talking big and delivering small, a concern I had months ago. It all wraps back around into this issue with the delay too, their messaging has been garbage for a while.

13 minutes ago, memoryman3 said:

Someone over at Sonic Retro said it's because of a serious game breaking bug on the current PC build. 

All fine and dandy and they could fix it all they want but giving everyone a longer notice of this would have been better

Alright I'm putting my foot down on this bullshit: enough with the fucking cries about Sega/Aaron/whoever lying about their reasons for delaying the game and made-up tinfoil-hat speculation about them implementing extraneous DRM or delaying it for fears of piracy (and yes, I'm aware one of my previous posts acknowledged it as a possibility, but I'm not gonna cling onto it as fact). Any future posts I see that discuss this will be deleted on sight, and repeated offenses will earn you a swift strike.

Also maybe, just maybe they really did find a game-breaking bug at the last minute and didn't have time to announce it. You are aware that the possibility that they're actually telling the truth is there, right? That maybe there's at least an equal chance of them telling the truth as there is of them lying about it? And even if Sega is lying, even if you feel that Sega should have discovered such a bug and announced the delay sooner (I certainly feel this way), then tough, there's nothing anyone can do about it at this point other than wait or play the game on another system. I'm just as upset about the delay as any PC-only players are. I've moved on and maybe so should all of you, or at least the people making up baseless conspiracies. A year after the game is released and you've played it to death, you're all gonna forget that the delay even happened in the first place

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Alright I'm putting my foot down on this bullshit: enough with the fucking cries about Sega/Aaron/whoever lying about their reasons for delaying the game and made-up tinfoil-hat speculation about them implementing extraneous DRM or delaying it for fears of piracy (and yes, I'm aware one of my previous posts acknowledged it as a possibility, but I'm not gonna cling onto it as fact). Any future posts I see that discuss this will be deleted on sight, and repeated offenses will earn you a swift strike.

Also maybe, just maybe they really did find a game-breaking bug at the last minute and didn't have time to announce it. You are aware that the possibility that they're actually telling the truth is there, right? That maybe there's at least an equal chance of them telling the truth as there is of them lying about it? And even if Sega is lying, even if you feel that Sega should have discovered such a bug and announced the delay sooner (I certainly feel this way), then tough, there's nothing anyone can do about it at this point other than wait or play the game on another system. I'm just as upset about the delay as any PC-only players are. I've moved on and maybe so should all of you, or at least the people making up baseless conspiracies. A year after the game is released and you've played it to death, you're all gonna forget that the delay even happened in the first place

True that. I honestly think it's human getting upset about something that also doesn't feel 100% true, but one day later I'm not that angry. This takes a reasonable little time to anyone. I don't think we all would be complaining and distrusting Sega for more than 2 days. We all have to calm down eventually.

5 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

On second thought, why am I a part of this community again?

Not sure if I got this. I was being sarcastic, fwiw.

10 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

They said the PC vesion should be fixed BY August 29th. Could it possibly also mean earlier than 29th?

No

12 hours ago, Natie said:

#ownedbyl0gic

Where exactly is the l0gic here?

You're leaving out that an entire playthrough as Sonic has been streamed by now. People were annoyed that the marketing for Generations intentionally revealed pretty much everything before the game was out, so an entire game being leaked--especially one that's a kind of game some people have waited forever for--is kind of a big deal. And then literally the day after the leak begins there's a delay, and specifically one version of the game at that (tho' it would've been even worse if they delayed all versions, but still).

I don't mind spoilers myself but not everyone's the same way. I can understand people's frustration right now. Whatever reasoning there is behind this, it's definitely really bad timing on their part.

18 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Really I'm concerned about the Switch version at this point. It's being handled by another team and has shown the worst in demos, frequently glitching out. If the Mania team couldn't get a PC version of their game working then I genuinely wonder what the quality of the Switch port will be like.

From what I understand of the situation, the Switch version was the one that was leaked and streamed, and I haven't heard anything about it being especially glitchy...I think I remember one glitch someone commented on here? Maybe people just didn't comment on or even notice any other issues there may have been, though, so I guess it's no guarantee.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Celestia said:

From what I understand of the situation, the Switch version was the one that was leaked and streamed, and I haven't heard anything about it being especially glitchy...I think I remember one glitch someone commented on here? Maybe people just didn't comment on or even notice any other issues there may have been, though, so I guess it's no guarantee.

Yeah I saw that after making that post, it's kind of amazing they couldn't get this thing running on a PC but the Switch version is (probably?) fine. Partly why I still suspect DRM, personally, but again, it doesn't really matter since the main issue is how shitty the notice was and the manner in which it was conveyed.

Although I thought I read in this thread that some levels leaked lacked transitions, which makes me wonder if not all levels have them or if that build is still not the final version.

It's possible that not all levels have transition. But we'll find out for sure later I guess

Imagine a day one patch for a game that hearkens back to the 90s. 

...I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. :V

Just now, Psychicmoose103 said:

I can confirm a few levels do not have transitions. My guess is a day 1 patch

There's a stupid blind optimist in me I have to tell to shut up because he just wants to think it's because some levels aren't in the current build and those transitions are missing because they link those gaps together, but that's very likely not the case. In the end I suppose it matters whether the lack of transitions makes sense or if it feels like something really ought to be there but is missing, in which case you could probably provide (non-spoilery) insight.

In any case this is straying from the topic. It's already a minefield out there with spoilers thanks to the Switch leaks, and SEGA had already gone into overdrive with their marketing these last few weeks leading up to launch. As much as I hate the thought of shelling out another 20 bucks to play a less than optimal version of the game, at least I'll get to play it this Tuesday. There's lots of people out there who don't have a choice and need to wait and I cannot imagine having to navigate the next for the next half month.

43 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

There's a stupid blind optimist in me I have to tell to shut up because he just wants to think it's because some levels aren't in the current build and those transitions are missing because they link those gaps together, but that's very likely not the case. In the end I suppose it matters whether the lack of transitions makes sense or if it feels like something really ought to be there but is missing, in which case you could probably provide (non-spoilery) insight.

Without spoiling, some of the lack of transitions are extremely weird. 

For example, one stage fades to black and then you are dropped into another stage, it's weird because there are some stages that do have transitions.

even weirder, there is an in-game explanation for long distance transitions, but then there is a zone that just fades to black and you appear in a much further away zone with no explanation

17 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Regardless of whether you feel the desire to "win" here, despite there being no reward for doing so, you didn't really give any logic here. Completely ignoring what people are saying isn't "logic", and certainly expressing it in this manner doesn't help your case either.

That hashtag part was a funny hum0r j0ke, and also the statement before it wasn't addressing any of you personally, more so the people out there who are like "I have to wait for this game so I'm just not going to play the game at all". I suppose I wasn't clear on this.

15 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

On second thought, why am I a part of this community again?

You know you love us.

This picture won't help PC users, just want to let PS4 users know that if you pre-ordered Sonic Mania it's now available to download. I just did. 

DHFN3eRXYAALRlW.jpg

I admit that this delay initially had me fairly upset. The first Sonic game in years that I'm absolutely stoked for, delayed on the system I was going to purchase it on. It's a bummer to be sure. In the long run though, I do agree that this delay won't impact the perceptions of the game post launch, and I'd rather it ran well. These guys have been fans of the series for years - do you really think that they'd want a game to go out broken and require hefty bugfixes to the community that they've been a part of? No. This delay is likely as frustrating to them as it is to us, if not more.

The whole debate about DRM is a non-starter. It won't have any intrusive DRM as most SEGA games do not. Best to move forward, accept the delay and wait it out or buy it on another console if you haven't.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I admit that this delay initially had me fairly upset. The first Sonic game in years that I'm absolutely stoked for, delayed on the system I was going to purchase it on. It's a bummer to be sure. In the long run though, I do agree that this delay won't impact the perceptions of the game post launch, and I'd rather it ran well. These guys have been fans of the series for years - do you really think that they'd want a game to go out broken and require hefty bugfixes to the community that they've been a part of? No. This delay is likely as frustrating to them as it is to us, if not more.

The whole debate about DRM is a non-starter. It won't have any intrusive DRM as most SEGA games do not. Best to move forward, accept the delay and wait it out or buy it on another console if you haven't.

Yes, but if you look at Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3K... there were many ROM hacks... and SEGA maybe fears that Mania will be edited from many many people.