Awoo.

PC version of Mania delayed till August 29th... #FuckDenuvo

Alienrun

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

To people noting the irony of modders releasing a game with mod-prevention: this wasn't the development team's decision, but rather Sega's (Sega of Europe, apparently). Don't blame the people responsible for making it.

This is not a blame made by me towards the developers, it's to Sega themselves for forgetting who their team came from...

Taxman and co. should forever be commended for their excellent work when others could do jack shit with classic Sonic gameplay 

What is ironic is that Sega, the one company to encourage people uploading rom hacks online on Steam, is implementing this. Though frankly, I'm far more pissed at the lack of offline play than I am at the lack of potential modding. So, uh, they can either way get bent.

• Thumbs Up 9

13 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

Sega shouldn't get away with this move guys. If you buy the game and they remove it from servers then it's no longer yours. 

The always online part is shit, but removing a right like this ain't a good move from Sega. Goodbye to mods too.

Now even happier I bought this on Switch.

Edit: The modding removal itself is baffling since the people who made his started in the modding scene...

To put it into perspective look back at how the Xbox One was going to be before Microsoft made the massive changes before release.

You have read

ssteams tos right?  We may not like it but if they go under you lose all your games regardlesand I'm not saying people can't be piss ants about it but many steam users have none and dealt with

ddrdrmdrmdrm   for years.  Phones acting up. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

What is ironic is that Sega, the one company to encourage people uploading rom hacks online on Steam, is implementing this. Though frankly, I'm far more pissed at the lack of offline play than I am at the lack of potential modding. So, uh, they can either way get bent.

Soa soj differences mist likely. Damn my phone!

So the PC version of Mania was delayed for...this? DRM? I even encountered a few glitches in my playthrough that weren't fixed, mainly music playback problems. So it still doesn't feel like the game was polished much.

I really don't know what to say anymore, it just feels like the PC version is cursed or something.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:03 PM, CleverSonicUsername said:

None of those were exactly turning heads in the way Mania was, they're also pretty old and probably not worth the time, at least in SEGA's mind. Weird corporate decisions is so positively them it wouldn't shock me in the least if they fumbled things now because someone said "hey guys what about DRM?"

I don't know what the precise reason for the delay is because "optimization" is still a pretty vague statement, but I find it hard to believe it's for actual performance issues. The game can run on a toaster. If it's indeed related to DRM then that's just so SEGA, to make it so far doing so well just to drop the ball at the 11th hour.

It's almost like I've put up with SEGA's shit for the better part of three decades or something. "Quality control" my ass, I've played their games.

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

You have read

ssteams tos right?  We may not like it but if they go under you lose all your games regardlesand I'm not saying people can't be piss ants about it but many steam users have none and dealt with

ddrdrmdrmdrm   for years.  Phones acting up. 

It's not all to do with Steam, Sega themselves have enforced some of this. 

Which regardless goes against customers who want to play a game.

57 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No you just have a stick in you all the time. I've been with steam for years 2004 to be exact nearly every game tells me I have to be online. When my internet goes down I know not even to boot it up cause nearly all my games go your offline buddy no go. Stop swinging at people just cause were not all as grumpy as you 

It being a common thing doesn't make it good. Otherwise wanna tell me microtransactions in priced games are fine since they're common?

DRM is not consumer friendly, and is not for your benefit, stop trying to defend it like it is because it's a company you like

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

HrFhyWb.png

Fuck off, SEGA

The game's reviews on Steam are getting trashed because of this. There's absolutely no reason to require a user to be online to play a single player game and if the servers ever go down, you're screwed.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/584400/announcements/detail/1448326045461380318

"Like you, we've noticed an error in the Steam store not mentioning the DRM for Sonic Mania.

We're fixing that now.

Sonic Mania is intended to be played offline and we're investigating reports on that.

We're also investigating other issues like controller support, these are all PC specific things that Christian and the team have been working on these last few weeks

Please bare with us while we collate and investigate problems that are being brought to our attention"

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hey, Meta77, stop it with the shit-stirring. It's annoying as hell.

Which mod can I talk to not angry to discuss this if me be level headed during this is "shit stirring"

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Meta77 said:

Which mod can I talk to not angry to discuss this if me be level headed during this is "shit stirring"

Y...you can be "level headed" while trying to rile people up.

They tend to go hand in hand.

• Thumbs Up 5

You're prodding people with the intention of riling them up with phrases like "you have a stick in you" and "not saying people can't be piss ants about it," and mocking the complaints like "ddrdrmdrmdrm." Seriously, you're being a dick.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Delayed 4 days from release and announced in a stream of all places
  • Game no longer gets a midnight launch
  • Have to be online to play a 2D 20 dollar Sonic the Hedgehog game in 2017

*~*~PC Gaming High Life~*~*

Not sure if I believe the "it was intended to be playable offline" bit but uh...well, at least it sounds like they'll fix that.

Just now, Celestia said:

Y...you can be "level headed" while trying to rile people up.

They tend to go hand in hand.

That's just it seriously I've met less angry people on steam. I'm not saying people can't be mad and fine but for many we knew steam does this all the time with certain games

1 minute ago, Sean said:

You're prodding people with the intention of riling them up with phrases like "you have a stick in you" and "not saying people can't be piss ants about it," and mocking the complaints like "ddrdrmdrmdrm." Seriously, you're being a dick.

My phone will double edit post it's why right besides that you left off "my phones messing up" no when when I see

Oh for the love of God just stop it. What is with this constant provocation of yours? I'm not going to spell out the reasons why always-online DRM is loathed because I'm certain you know exactly why it's an issue, and just want to shit-stir.

Tell me how level headed that is to my simple saying many pc games through steam require you to be online. Lord

I mean I cancelled my preorder two weeks ago after what I felt was a huge lack of respect for the pc fan base, I mean delaying it less than a week before release with only the vague reasoning of "bug fixes" seemed odd even if you take it on face value. Delaying to add drm and not even being able to play offline is just crazy, I was really looking forward to it but will probably no play it for a while if ever.

Just now, Celestia said:

Not sure if I believe the "it was intended to be playable offline" bit but uh...well, at least it sounds like they'll fix that.

To me it sounds like damage control. But they don't mention Denovo at all.

I must say: i feel bad fir the pc fans with backup batteries not being able to play during power outtages or for laptop users on long trips. 

what a headache

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That's just it seriously I've met less angry people on steam. I'm not saying people can't be mad and fine but for many we knew steam does this all the time with certain games

My phone will double edit post it's why right besides that you left off "my phones messing up" no when when I see

Oh for the love of God just stop it. What is with this constant provocation of yours? I'm not going to spell out the reasons why always-online DRM is loathed because I'm certain you know exactly why it's an issue, and just want to shit-stir.

Tell me how level headed that is to my simple saying many pc games through steam require you to be online. Lord

It's true that this is sadly common for gaming nowadays, but in many peoples' minds that doesn't mean it should just be accepted. Your comments came across as pretty dismissive, so you can see why people were upset. If that's not how you meant it, fair enough.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, The Deleter said:

Another statement, this time from Taxman.

I can't believe parole are actually dense enough to blame this on the developers. Ultimately it's all SEGA's fault. This is the perfect way to breed resentment. And even if I did believe the "it's not intentional" thing, it's pretty bad to let a bug like that slip by following a two-week, platform specific delay. 

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Another statement, this time from Taxman.

It's really sad that people are quick to blame these guys. Ultimately this would've happened on other versions too, Sega should be getting the blame for this.

So here's my question. Sega more than likely know how customers despise drm, and there was backlash a few weeks back when the rumors started, so why wait, and work two weeks to integrate it, only to suddenly take it out on release day, as if you didn't expect that backlash? Just comes off like a huge ass waste of everyone's time