Awoo.

PC version of Mania delayed till August 29th... #FuckDenuvo

Alienrun

2 minutes ago, Celestia said:

It's true that this is sadly common for gaming nowadays, but in many peoples' minds that doesn't mean it should just be accepted. Your comments came across as pretty dismissive, so you can see why people were upset. If that's not how you meant it, fair enough.

No it's not if I offended someone with the wayvi word things than I apologize

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I can't believe parole are actually dense enough to blame this on the developers. Ultimately it's all SEGA's fault. This is the perfect way to breed resentment. And even if I did believe the "it's not intentional" thing, it's pretty bad to let a bug like that slip by following a two-week, platform specific delay. 

I'm not too surprised, happens with EA a lot, where the developers and not publishers are screamed at 

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So here's my question. Sega more than likely know how customers despise drm, and there was backlash a few weeks back when the rumors started, so why wait, and work two weeks to integrate it, only to suddenly take it out on release day, as if you didn't expect that backlash? Just comes off like a huge ass waste of everyone's time 

Most likely Sega of Japan issues it. Sega of America has been vocal to liking mods and whatnot Sega of Japan not as much usually. Granted in not sure how close the two are these days

3 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

...and in the comments of that post:

IMG_20170829_164327.jpg

oh boy here we go

The burns in that comment. Nicely done Stealth. The team are not happy...

Can't imagine they would be. Given their roots, you wouldn't find a better group of people opposed to this sort of move, the excuse of technical issues also outright makes them look bad. Like they couldn't get their own engine to work on PC of all places?

And then SEGA gets caught with their hand in their pants playing around with DRM and they try to word it to again seem like the Mania team is responsible. Fuck them.

Also fuck me because I installed the game before reading any of this and I've probably installed other things with Denuvo on it already so whatever. Still upset about it, as I would be anytime I get shafted as a PC player, but especially now considering the shit notice and the fact that this was such a highly anticipated game for me.

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Most likely Sega of Japan issues it. Sega of America has been vocal to liking mods and whatnot Sega of Japan not as much usually. Granted in not sure how close the two are these days

SEGA Japan have nothing to do with the PC port.

It'll be SEGA Europe. They handled the port itself and their "vocal support to mods" just consisted of making a workshop for mostly already-available ROM hacks. This won't have been angled at modders, but just a misguided sense of overprotection. 

The PC gaming market in Japan is utterly tiny, why would they bother getting involved with this? 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

See pso2 and how Sega treated us after the great psi ddos 2 years ago. Lord so many friends lost

Uh

That's more in SEGA America's court for not localising the game. SEGA Japan IP blocking is a shame, but given running servers and stuff ain't cheap it's not entirely without reason. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

No you just have a stick in you all the time. I've been with steam for years 2004 to be exact nearly every game tells me I have to be online. When my internet goes down I know not even to boot it up cause nearly all my games go your offline buddy no go. Stop swinging at people just cause were not all as grumpy as you 

Honest question, if SEGA told people that in order to be allowed to play Forces they would have to let themselves get punched in the face would you just say "Yes sir, go ahead"?

Just curious.

• Chuckle 1

I like how for the past few months Sega just can't stop fucking up everything they touch. What fucking idiot do they have running their marketing department this year?

• Thumbs Up 6

22 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Uh

That's more in SEGA America's court for not localising the game. SEGA Japan IP blocking is a shame, but given running servers and stuff ain't cheap it's not entirely without reason. 

Actually though I don't want to derail Sega of Japan is why we did not get it

Sega of America has said in the past they were ready but Sega of Japan stopped it from going love. They never have been on the best of terms usually

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Sega fucked up.

I'm not buying Forces.

you say as though you were going to

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

I even encountered a few glitches in my playthrough that weren't fixed, mainly music playback problems. So it still doesn't feel like the game was polished much.

Went back to the game, and after progressing a few more zones I clipped through the floor and now I'm soft-locked.

...Yep. Not all the bugs were fixed.

57 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

See pso2 and how Sega treated us after the great psi ddos 2 years ago. Lord so many friends lost

The IP ban was a precaution while they figured out the cause of the DDoS and was lifted pretty quickly, and I didn't hear of anyone getting banned simply for playing the game outside of Japan.  The only IP bans on PSO2 since then have been regarding countries who have their own release (since the SEA version shut down, the IP ban was even lifted from there I believe).

Either way that's a very different scenario, since that is an online game where player management is important.  DRM for Mania is just SEGA foolishly thinking they can beat the pirates by punishing their paying customers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can someone test something. 

In Chemical Plant act 2. Right before the boss you have to jump in a zoom tube. If you hold down on the d pad or arrow keys until you reach the boss.

After you beat the boss.... do you get stuck? Because that was one of the first glitches that people encountered after the PS4 midnight released and it was strongly hinted that it was fixed in this version.

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

So the PC version of Mania was delayed for...this? DRM? I even encountered a few glitches in my playthrough that weren't fixed, mainly music playback problems. So it still doesn't feel like the game was polished much.

I really don't know what to say anymore, it just feels like the PC version is cursed or something.

Apparently the pc review codes really did run like ass.

11 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Went back to the game, and after progressing a few more zones I clipped through the floor and now I'm soft-locked.

...Yep. Not all the bugs were fixed.

Tails is even more bugged out in this version. Won't respawn sometimes so I have to listen to constant jumping sounds, got stuck in geometry constantly.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://someone23.tinytake.com/sf/MTkxNDM4M182MTA0Nzkz

Holding a button down causes the game to spam the input similarly to a "turbo mode" controller. Don't remember the Switch version doing this.

I'm using a Dualshock 1 mapped to a Steam Controller through Big Picture Mode. I doubt it's the controller itself; No other game exhibits these issues, including my other Sonic titles on Steam that I've tested it with.

39 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Apparently the pc review codes really did run like ass.

Lord knows this info wont stop the witch hunting.

You can have a Advance 3 partner system on Mania using the dev menu too!

Select competition mode

Select the two characters

start a level

go to the dev menu (ESC)

select presentation and then "thanks for playing!"

You will go back to the title screen with two screens

on the main menu, go to the dev menu and select a stage on Mania mode (On the dev menu)

And done! 

The controls for both characters might get inverted so player 1 will play with the player 2 controls (keyboard)

• Nice Smile 1

Patience will hopefully result in a clean release of this game in due time!

One would think that maybe somewhere within the Sega food chain they do not want the focus of Mania to jump too quickly to people modding it, not that they want it to never be modded.... as far as, all of the Genesis era games had their time to just be the games themselves. 

It would be a bit of a head thing for some divisions at the company: maybe in that to mod the 3D titles, it takes months for a finished build of something new to be displayed by its creators.  Here it is possible that an interesting enough mod and its videos etc being published could even distract from the core Mania game itself and depending on the promotional aptitude of the creators, begin to do so within a matter of less than a week. 

Maybe they are secretly giving Ian Flynn a few more weeks to finish a "Snooping as usual I see?"  mini animated sequence that appears the first time when the game is accessed to allow modding.  :lol::):)  If not that would be one way to make something good out of this situation, or even if it is just a still frame in pixel art!  :lol: 

• Nice Smile 1

29 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

Maybe they are secretly giving Ian Flynn a few more weeks to finish a "Snooping as usual I see?"  mini animated sequence that appears the first time when the game is accessed to allow modding.  :lol::):)  If not that would be one way to make something good out of this situation, or even if it is just a still frame in pixel art!  :lol: 

You mean Tyson Hesse?

...now i wanna see what animation can ian make...

• Chuckle 1