Awoo.

PC version of Mania delayed till August 29th... #FuckDenuvo

Alienrun

PC VERSION IS RIP!!!! WHY! I ONLY HAVE A PC WHY IS IT DELAYED! :o

ahem...

Welp this sucks, there is a specific spoiler related thing that kinda explains this...but I think its safe to say noone saw this coming. Basically PC owners like me get screwed over, everyone else gets the game 2 whole weeks before us.

What you all think of this?

TL;DR Rip PC owners...

I think I'm giving up on the spoilers now... What should I do? To check the thread or not to check....

Just now, Chameleon of the Spoilers said:

I think I'm giving up on the spoilers now... What should I do? To check the thread or not to check....

Honestly, check.

It's better than expecting something and being dissapointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

What could possibly be wrong with the Steam version and the Steam version in particular that warrants delaying for two weeks?

Although... were the streams of the PC version? That may explain missing transitions.

1 minute ago, Chameleon of the Spoilers said:

Your better off not, it depends on how much your looking forward to the game...

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I guess that's what i get for getting lucky a few months ago, TL;DR i got 25$ from a hat in TF2 and pre-ordered Sonic Mania on Steam thanks to it, i was planning on buying a copy for a friendo but now i have to snag a switch version.

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

What could possibly be wrong with the Steam version and the Steam version in particular that warrants delaying for two weeks?

Although... were the streams of the PC version? That may explain missing transitions.

EDIT: Was it the switch version or was it PC? IDK for sure...

can i die now

I mean, it's a good thing they're optimizing the game, but it's very annoying that it got delayed 4 days before the release. What's even more annoying is that console users will be able to play in 4 days, therefore it'll be even harder to avoid spoilers, walkthroughs, let's plays etc.

I'm frustrated. I'll get over it, but I'm frustrated.

Also woo, free Steam version of Sonic 1, it's not like I don't have it already...

Yeah, like, why Sonic 1?

Why not 2 or even CD, since the Taxman version's on Steam? It's not like it would take any more effort to get those over 1.

Hold on, hold on. What "spoiler specific thing"? There's nothing on the spoilers that indicates why they'd delay the PC version. Especially since the leaks were of the Switch.

Stop panicking and hyperbolising, christ. There's something wrong in how the game's playing on PC, so they're delaying. That's all.

I spent ages, months like, deliberating on what version of Mania to get, since I own a PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch. Went for the PC since I use it most for nearly everything. I don't know how much I'll actually like the game when it comes out and am not prepared to buy it on another version just to play it on time.

Funny since yesterday for the first time I was actually starting to get really excited for Sonic Mania. Less than a week before it comes out, and then this happens. Sega/Taxman have already got my money. I'm not giving them anymore.

3 minutes ago, The KKM said:

Hold on, hold on. What "spoiler specific thing"? There's nothing on the spoilers that indicates why they'd delay the PC version. Especially since the leaks were of the Switch.

Stop panicking and hyperbolising, christ. There's something wrong in how the game's playing on PC, so they're delaying. That's all.

I take the blame here...I thought the game was leaked on PC for some reason till I realized it was switch.

My b

Oh man. I feel for you PC-only people; this has really got to suck. I have this pre-ordered for both PC and PS4, so I'll still be able to play it on launch, but I would otherwise not be a very happy camper.

On the bright side though, if there is something wrong with the PC version, then I'm glad they're taking the extra time to fix it at least. I know a lot of games have been released in the past across consoles and PC where the PC version doesn't run as well as it should, so I'm glad this won't be one of them.

As I'm only able to play on pc currently I have no way of playing it now I'm also gonna give up on spoilers which was something I really was intent on avoiding 

What a fucking shit day man 

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

As I'm only able to play on pc currently I have no way of playing it now I'm also gonna give up on spoilers which was something I really was intent on avoiding 

What a fucking shit day man 

I just wanted to let you know I think the endgame was leaked too. Just wanted you to know before you look

This really is upsetting. :/ A part of me wishes they'd delay ALL versions out of fairness, but I know that's... probably not fair. It's just. Ugh. The TIMING of this is especially upsetting.

Why, SEGA? I know it's for optimizations, but what about the PC version can be any more broken than on consoles?

I set up my holidays to play Mania on PC on release day. Thank you, Sega.

I don't buy the reasons. We all know this is to boost console sales.

18 days now... Very wrong, Sega. You can't do this after building all the hype this week. Now I have to avoid spoilers for two more weeks. Very disappointed.

Well this is a kick in the dick.

I have to wonder what they decided was so serious that they couldn't just release on time and update it later.

But, whatever. Waited two decades for this game already, I can survive another two and a half weeks. Just hope I can avoid spoiling most of the game until then...

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well this is a kick in the dick.

I have to wonder what they decided was so serious that they couldn't just release on time and update it later.

But, whatever. Waited two decades for this game already, I can survive another two and a half weeks. Just hope I can avoid spoiling most of the game until then...

I don't like saying "believe me", but it just doesn't make sense. 3 days before launch they realize they need 2 more weeks? And they don't detail what's bugged? No way. PC games are usually delayed to "suggest" gamers go buy it for any console. But they can't say that. 

Unless they give a detailed explanation of the problems to be addressed, this is just markwting bullshit. No offense, Aaron, but understand you ruined my main holidays plan in a very ugly manner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this news was a big let down... The PC version is the only version i was going to get and is the only version I can even play. =T

• Thumbs Up 2