Awoo.

PC version of Mania delayed till August 29th... #FuckDenuvo

Alienrun

Not that this announcement effects me and other console players but...wow.

I bet you that they did this so they can take a similar GTA V approach, making sure there's no piracy Mania copies around on release day.

That is honestly the most logical explanation. The game can literally run on a toaster, I fail to see why they needed to optimize the game only a few days before the actual release date.

Well that sucks for PC gamers! Who knows though, they could get it fixed sooner than needed and release it a bit earlier? 

Aw well, at the end of the day, it's just a game. (Which is the reason I cancelled my CE order to save money). I think it would sting less if the game wasn't like £15, it would be easy to just buy it on another platform

Totally shitty thing to happen, four days before release, feels like a good slam in the face. I know it may be for necessary reasons but FUUUU! (I even took a day off for that day) 

Don't worry guys! At least you get to boast having a free Steam version of Sonic 1! Because it's a game nobody has played many times before! Or own via different means!

...seriously, what were Sega thinking. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Don't worry guys! At least you get to boast having a free Steam version of Sonic 1! Because it's a game nobody has played many times before! Or own via different means!

...seriously, what were Sega thinking. 

I'm going to play Sonic 1 every day until the 29th unironically to prove I am true sonic fan!

cries in corner...

9 minutes ago, Scott said:

Well that sucks for PC gamers! Who knows though, they could get it fixed sooner than needed and release it a bit earlier? 

Aw well, at the end of the day, it's just a game. (Which is the reason I cancelled my CE order to save money). I think it would sting less if the game wasn't like £15, it would be easy to just buy it on another platform

Dude based on what I've seen on Twitter it's more than just that to a few people, lol.

19 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Sega, better add some extras in the game itself for us PC folks. I give no shit about Sonic 1s atm.

In 2 weeks?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

go screw yourself, Sega

I waited over a year for this and you're pulling it because you can't figure out DRM and want to make a fast buck 

I'm out 

3WjNxKz.gif

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Chuckle 1

18 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

go screw yourself, Sega

I waited over a year for this and you're pulling it because you can't figure out DRM and want to make a fast buck 

I'm out 

3WjNxKz.gif

So now Sega can't do anything right. 

I may not be part of the glorious PC master race, but at least we console sub-humans don't have to deal with this dumb shit. Glad I bought the PS4 version.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a feeling they would delay the game again at the last second. I was right...kinda.

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't get the Steam version but instead opted for the PS4 one.

Sad for PC players, but I hope you guys could hang in there!

Amazed at all the hate people are spewing at sega. Praised them so hard. They get a few days push back and it's like Satan stoke a chaos emerald

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't be so salty if the game was available on PS3. :/ I know it's not a current gen console, but surely it could've run it as a downloadable title...

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Amazed at all the hate people are spewing at sega. Praised them so hard. They get a few days push back and it's like Satan stoke a chaos emerald

It's as if people are judging each action individually!

As much of a fan as I am, if they do wrong, I'll call them out. And this is wrong. To add insult to the injury... Sonic 1 for compensation? It's not that I hate the game but Mania's target audience has overplayed it.

6 minutes ago, Razorsaw said:

Also their options of what to give away as compensation are rather limited in general, so. What else could they really put onto it?

Honestly, it's one thing to give something away as part of some sort of celebration and another to give it because you messed something up. In the latter case, if they cannot do better, they're better off not do damage control at all. Because that's what this is.

Edited by Dekuhero
To respond to the person below
  • Thumbs Up 1

Compatibility testing is usually the last part of development, even for less intensive games like this. This isn't really surprising.

Also their options of what to give away as compensation are rather limited in general, so. What else could they really put onto it?

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

People have been waiting for the game for over a year now. I know 2 more weeks won't kill them, but PC owners probably had August 15th marked down on their calender, and just 3 days before it comes out, "Lol. Delayed for 2 weeks, but only for you PC players. Good luck avoiding spoilers now!"

5 minutes ago, Razorsaw said:

At least a better classic game, like S3&K? Or I dunno, one of 3D installments? It doesn't really make sense, but it's still better than Sonic 1.

2 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

At least a better classic game, like S3&K? Or I dunno, one of 3D installments? It doesn't really make sense, but it's still better than Sonic 1.

I really don't think Adventure or S3&K would have gotten any better response, especially since all three are often on sale for pretty cheap.

Spoiler

598df97bbefca_copypastamaniapreorderedition.thumb.PNG.437a2ba23f6e39e2053218f1eaf43c31.PNG

I know this is gonna sound really weird, but seeing this comment helped me calm down quite a bit, sometimes a bit of hyperbole from someone else can help put things into perspective lol :P

• Chuckle 3

Funny, I was still hesistating whether I should buy the ps4 or the pc version. Guess the choice is easy now, thanks Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1

Almost felt my heart break till i saw it was only for PC. Still sucks for those guys tho, it'll probably feel like the longest 2 weeks ever. Taxman made some passing comment about DRM today so I'm guessing it has to do with that rather than optimization.

Hope this doesn't cause some kind of crazy boycott or anything, you know how those less rational gamers can get when they're angry. (see above youtube comment)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Natie said:

Almost felt my heart break till i saw it was only for PC. Still sucks for those guys tho, it'll probably feel like the longest 2 weeks ever. Taxman made some passing comment about DRM today so I'm guessing it has to do with that rather than optimization.

Hope this doesn't cause some kind of crazy boycott or anything, you know how those less rational gamers can get when they're angry. (see above youtube comment)

The DRM thing is about this - https://www.wired.com/story/malware-dna-hack/

I'm fairly sure it's not about Mania.

1 minute ago, Natie said:

Only a certain fragment of sonic fans are those annoying types a boycott would do noting