Awoo.

Shun Nakamura Confirmed as Writer for Forces

Mad0Mura

1 minute ago, TargetWatch said:

Sonic purist are morons and always will be.

Nothing wrong with being a purist, especially when you consider how horribly handled forces is right now...

...but nevermind that, lets ignore the fact that the new games are very different from the old ones and might turn a few people off, lets ignore that entirely! :)

4 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

Nothing wrong with being a purist, especially when you consider how horribly handled forces is right now...

...but nevermind that, lets ignore the fact that the new games are very different from the old ones and might turn a few people off, lets ignore that entirely! :)

That's just got more to do with how Sonic Team is trying to please everyone.

And boy will it back-fire...

There's nothing wrong with having a preferred era.

It's when these purists try to dictate the series for everyone else is when the problem emerges.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, TargetWatch said:

That's just got more to do with how Sonic Team is trying to please everyone.

Hence that warrents the hate, people want good games...its that simple, series it comes from be damned...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

Hence that warrents the hate, people want good games...its that simple, series it comes from be damned...

Agreed. SEGA need to consider Nintendo's development model with having multiple pillars.

• Thumbs Up 2

Agreed. SEGA need to consider Nintendo's development model with having multiple pillars.

Yeah, you'd think Mario fans would fight all the time because of how different all of there games are...

...but nope. NIntendo builds bridges and doesn't destroy them, they are in charge and who people look to for athority. (as weird as this is to say out loud.)

I agree with all this though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

4 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

Yeah, you'd think Mario fans would fight all the time because of how different all of there games are...

...but nope.

Uh, actually, yes. There's a lot of dumb arguments in the Mario fanbase, at least some parts of it I've seen. There's a very real split between fans of the "open world" 64/Sunshine styled games and fans of more traditional get-to-the-goal style gameplay, plus a lot of moaning about the NSMB games.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Uh, actually, yes. There's a lot of dumb arguments in the Mario fanbase, at least some parts of it I've seen. There's a very real split between fans of the "open world" 64/Sunshine styled games and fans of more traditional get-to-the-goal style gameplay, plus a lot of moaning about the NSMB games.

And the less said about the state of the RPG's the better.

But I digress besides 06 what else has Nakamura written? 

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yes, but it's not as wide-spread compared to the Sonic fanbase. Unlike Sonic, Mario isn't neglecting entire segments of a fanbase altogether, nor are they trying to merge everything as one.

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Nothing from what I recall.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Ah yes, that is very true. I can say its not as bad as here, for mainly 2 reasons:

1. The little issues are not as widespread towards casual fans

And

2. Even admist all the arguing, Mario fans can generally agree that other games are "competant" or "have an identity" of sorts. (Its hard to argue that Mario 64 wasn't important to the gaming industry for instance.

But yes...when you crack open their shell the Mario fanbase can be just as bad as other fandoms...same could be said about a lot of fandoms though so who knows for sure when looking at it comparetivily.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I'll take anything over Pontaff. I was fine with the direction of the Adventure series and Unleashed, it's harmless. I would not even say it's dark, because it's not, it's edgy wannabe.

• Thumbs Up 5

45 minutes ago, Chameleon of the Spoilers said:

Honestly, I'll take anything over Pontaff. I was fine with the direction of the Adventure series and Unleashed, it's harmless. I would not even say it's dark, because it's not, it's edgy wannabe.

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with Sonic being: 'Edgy.'  (I swear this word would lose all meaning in the matter of minutes if Sonic fans were in charge of it.) People just confuse the fact the series had humble and innocent beginnings like Dragon Ball did and refuse to acknowledge that like Dragon Ball it gradually changed. Then again Sonic is mainly inspired by DBZ anyway.

16 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with Sonic being: 'Edgy.'  (I swear this word would lose all meaning if Sonic fans were in charge of it.) People just confuse the fact the series had humble and innocent beginnings like Dragon Ball did and refuse to acknowledge that like Dragon Ball it gradually changed. Then again Sonic is mainly inspired by DBZ anyway.

To me if Forces is "anime asf" it would be just right for Sonic

Remember. In Sonic 3 we turn into a sparkling Super Saiyajin hedgehog that changes colors in space. If Infinite do a kamehameha on Sonic I wouldn't raise my eyebrows for that. 

In fact that would be cool

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

To me if Forces is "anime asf" it would be just right for Sonic

Remember. In Sonic 3 we turn into a sparkling Super Saiyajin hedgehog that changes colors in space. If Infinite do a kamehameha on Sonic I wouldn't raise my eyebrows for that. 

In fact that would be cool

I mean most people don't know this, but Sonic 3 is actually an unfinished game.

At least as hinted, so in the Japanese manual.

There was going to be a god like creature, most likely a prototype that eventually would be known as Chaos, but yeah it got cut due to deadline.

As for Forces, yeah I won't be at all surprised if something like that happens.

18 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

I mean most people don't know this, but Sonic 3 is actually an unfinished game.

At least as hinted, so in the Japanese manual.

There was going to be a god like creature, most likely a prototype that eventually would be known as Chaos, but yeah it got cut due to deadline.

Literally nothing implies that the "god" mentioned in the manual was ever supposed to appear in the game. It's just backstory for the island.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Rhythm Thief which was pretty dandy, I'll admit.

• Thumbs Up 6

Is this an improvement? Is it really? cause I'm undecided. For as lazy as the stories have gotten they have yet to meet the stupidity of sealing a creation destroying demon within a woman's tears.

Now that I think about it, that was also when Eggman was at his most incompetent too.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Literally nothing implies that the "god" mentioned in the manual was ever supposed to appear in the game. It's just backstory for the island.

Check Sonic Retro.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3_manuals

That day, as he always seemed to, he was making his patrol around the alter on the island. Protecting the 7 Chaos Emeralds who sleep and control the power of the "Pillar" is the mission he has been charged with.

His name, Knuckles the Echidna. But to inhabitants of the island, he is an echidna called "Knuckle." Born and raised on the island, all of nature and the animals who live in it are his friends. And that which protects his friends is none other than the Chaos Emerald's crystaline "Pillar."

Suddenly something awoke.

Just as he was verifying that that not one Chaos Emerald was out of place, the Chaos Emerald right before his eyes rose and a strange vibration started.

Knuckles was confused by this phenomenon, which had never occurred before. In the blink of an eye, violent shaking occurred within the Chaos Emeralds. Then, as the shaking reached its climax, a "kiiiin" sound was heard along with a brilliant flash. The next thing Knuckles remembered was his own body, seeming to be lightly floating, and at that moment he was interrupted.

When Knuckles regained consciousness, he found his body thrown outside of the altar. He slowly go up, and what entered his eyes as he looked around was the Chaos Emerald altar--partially destroyed. In a flurry, Knuckles flew into the altar. However, in place of the emerald that should have been there, were fragments left of what had disappeared...

In a daze, Knuckles left the altar. He gazed off into the distance, powerless... it seemed like a peculiar thing had appeared around the lake. The sight of the giant, round, egg-like body that Knuckles beheld sent a shiver down his spine.

"That big egg is the dragon in the legend's...."

That egg appeared in the legend depicted in the Chaos Emerald altar--there was no doubt that it was the egg which would bring disaster to the island.

Some days later, Knuckles was patrolling the altar of the island's seven Chaos Emeralds, but all traces of the Emeralds had vanished. While in his relentless investigation of the island, Knuckles encountered an unfamiliar man in the woods.

The man called himself Dr. Eggman, and already knew Knuckles was the guardian of the Chaos Emeralds. He said to Knuckles:

"I am a scientist who came here to stop (?) that egg. Uumu, since you are the Chaos Emeralds' guardian I knew I had to inform you. The truth is, there is an evil hedgehog named Sonic that has been interfering in my research, he is the one who has stolen this island's Chaos Emeralds."

"The Chaos Emeralds were stolen....!"

With Dr. Eggman's ingenious lies, Knuckles was very easily tricked. That is how Knuckles' challenge to Sonic was started.

There's also a piece of art-work, showing the creature in his final form. I'll see if I can find it.

6 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm aware of what the manual says. Again, nothing in it implies that the "god" was ever supposed to be in the game. It's all just backstory.

Yeah, but the manual seems to imply that this egg had massive conections with the lore of the Chaos Emeralds, so it's more likely it could've been a god.

My guess he was a prototype of Chaos, but got scrapped for Sonic Adventure, which not long started development conception after Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

It's the Death Egg, man. The "dragon's egg" is the Death Egg, it brings disaster to the island because it brings Eggman to the island, and Eggman is a dick who fucks a whole bunch of shit up and steals the Master Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It's the Death Egg, man. The "dragon's egg" is the Death Egg, it brings disaster to the island because it brings Eggman to the island, and Eggman is a dick who fucks a whole bunch of shit up and steals the Master Emerald.

Sigh... No, it isn't...

Like I said there's even evidence of this dragon via unused artwork.

That's probably what it got changed to, but it's fairly clear it's not the story that was originally planned.

Hence why Sonic 3 & Knuckles was made.

Sigh... No, it isn't...

Yes it is. Unless you have actual proof otherwise.

Like I said there's even evidence of this dragon via unused artwork.

And where is this artwork, exactly?

• Thumbs Up 1

If this "monster" in the backstory was meant to be in the game as a proto-Chaos, can you give us proof? You'd think there'd be more evidence than "there's a picture somewhere..." especially on Retro.

5 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

If this "monster" in the backstory was meant to be in the game as a proto-Chaos, can you give us proof? You'd think there'd be more evidence than "there's a picture somewhere..." especially on Retro.

That's the thing, there was. But the images have been deleted. (Well not there anymore.) It was quite an old thread.

https://forums.sonicretro.org/?showtopic=33337

It was seen in an MTV episode featuring Sonic 3's development, one of the camera crew caught some footage of the concept art.

EDIT. The images are gone cause he didn't update his account for the image service he used... DAM IT...