Awoo.

Shun Nakamura Confirmed as Writer for Forces

Mad0Mura

4 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

If this "monster" in the backstory was meant to be in the game as a proto-Chaos, can you give us proof? You'd think there'd be more evidence than "there's a picture somewhere..." especially on Retro.

xaS0oAa_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

VNJ5rDG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

p7NgsmO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Now, imagine how awesome the comic adaptations would be with this going on! But hey, we at least have Mecha Sonic's gambit to deal with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

Now, imagine how awesome the comic adaptations would be with this going on! But hey, we at least have Mecha Sonic's gambit to deal with.

Archie's would have been the biggest fucking mess, I'll tell you that.

nevertheless, interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

That's the thing, there was. But the images have been deleted. (Well not there anymore.) It was quite an old thread.

https://forums.sonicretro.org/?showtopic=33337

It was seen in an MTV episode featuing Sonic 3's development, one of the camera crew caught some footage of the concept art.

EDIT. The images are gone cause he didn't update his account for the image service he used... DAM IT...

The actual images are in the first post of the thread. But that there was a concept for a dragon at some point doesn't mean shit; every game has ideas that get pitched but don't make it to the final product. That doesn't make Sonic 3 "unfinished", and it doesn't mean the egg mentioned in the manual was supposed to be a literal dragon's egg and they just left the story in by mistake or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The actual images are in the first post of the thread. But that there was a concept for a dragon at some point doesn't mean shit; every game has ideas that get pitched but don't make it to the final product. That doesn't make Sonic 3 "unfinished", and it doesn't mean the egg mentioned in the manual was supposed to be a literal dragon's egg and they just left the story in by mistake or whatever.

Sorry bud, but I'm afraid the official uncut Japanese manual heavily disagrees with you :P

I'll take its word over some random schmo on the internet, no offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Thanks for finding these, where were they if I may ask?

39 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Rhythm Thief which was pretty dandy, I'll admit.

Wait he did that game? Was it well received?

1 minute ago, TargetWatch said:

Thanks for finding these, where were they if I may ask?

I opened the link on my iPhone 8 and copied the shots. Simple as that, but a miracle! 

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

I opened the link on my iPhone 8 and copied the shots. Simple as that, but a miracle! 

Huh, they didn't work for me. Strange.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Wait he did that game?

http://segaretro.org/Shun_Nakamura

Yuppero, and he was as much the director there as he was with 06.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Was it well received?

Mostly positive reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/rhythm-thief-the-emperors-treasure

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

Sonic 2 doesn't have time travel, so it's obviously an unfinished game. 

Wut?

That makes not even a lick of sense?

It's only 3 and 1, that were rushed without being finished properly.

Until recent years this franchise was milked the same way Call of Duty is by Activision since its conception.

2 minutes ago, TargetWatch said:

Wut?

That makes not even a lick of sense?

It's a knock of what you were saying, that Sonic 3 is "unfinished" because some obscure concept never made it in. Sonic 2 was supposed to have time travel and there's art for it, but it never happened. So by your logic Sonic 2 is forever "unfinished". 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

It's a knock of what you were saying, that Sonic 3 is "unfinished" because some obscure concept never made it in. Sonic 2 was supposed to have time travel and there's art for it, but it never happened. So in your logic Sonic 2 is forever "unfinished". 

This detail made it as far as the manual, unlike 2's time travel.

• Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

It's a knock of what you were saying, that Sonic 3 is "unfinished" because some obscure concept never made it in. Sonic 2 was supposed to have time travel and there's art for it, but it never happened. So in your logic Sonic 2 is forever "unfinished". 

The point is that obscure concept did make it... In the official Japanese manual. Sonic 06 not the only unfinished game in this series y'know as much as SEGA would like to pretend otherwise. When you viciously milk a series like this stuff like unfinished game concepts is a commonality.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

You know, how did we even get to this? 

Because edge and action (something Sonic is built on) is a trigger. Especially when 06 is involved. Even moreso when someone tries to reveal the classics for how edgy they truly are (or were). I think this detail actually deserves a topic of its own.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Because edge and action (something Sonic is built on) is a trigger. Especially when 06 is involved. Even moreso when someone tries to reveal the classics for how edgy they truly are (or we're) 

I view it like this.

Classic Era = Dragon Ball

Adventure Era = DBZ

Current Era = Dragon Ball GT...

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you say edgy gaaaaah sonic is meant to be a calm and peaceful game with a cool level headed hero who fights villians in a polite manner

Sonic is always been edgy

1 hour ago, TargetWatch said:

I view it like this.

Classic Era = Dragon Ball

Adventure Era = DBZ

Current Era = Dragon Ball GT...

What about Dragon Ball Super?

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, DonWaffleleven said:

What about Dragon Ball Super?

Probably kicked off with Sonic Forces...

Yeah... Not, so super in my opinion...