Awoo.

Shun Nakamura Confirmed as Writer for Forces

Mad0Mura

I'm....not sure how to feel. On one end, I'm glad Pontac or Graff aren't writing for once which means I won't have to deal with their jokes. On the other hand...this guy's last game was 06, and everything shown in Forces hasn't exactly instilled confidence.

Soooooo

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's Chaos 0 tho' :V

You know, dead with 3 hits.

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I'm....not sure how to feel. On one end, I'm glad Pontac or Graff aren't writing for once which means I won't have to deal with their jokes. On the other hand...this guy's last game was 06, and everything shown in Forces hasn't exactly instilled confidence.

Soooooo

To be fair, it's mainly Sonic's story that's shite in that game. Whilst the other stories had their flaws, they were nowhere near as bad as rescue the princess for the fifth time in a row... And Nakamura had nothing to do with that cause he and Shiro both worked on Silver and Shadow's.

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

At least he fights something at all, for the first time since Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Joseph Henry said:

HOPE INTENSIFIES

Dude posting some stick figures is all it takes now?

:P

Seriously though. Lets get Sonic's friends back in the action. Knowing what we know about 06's story, it wasn't shy about thrusting characters like Omega into the limelight as far as active combat.

Rouge and Omega even followed you around in the final boss fight against Mephilies... which was pointless in practice, but thematically welcomed.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Play some Sonic Battle yo.

Chaos can take a punch.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Joseph Henry said:

Tails fighting Chaos and not hiding behind something

HOPE INTENSIFIES

Tried translating:

Than in the past of the story. What you want to do, we have got to want to do.

This is what Google Translate gave me:

From the past story. I want to do what I want to do.

Translate.org gave me: 

More than the story of the past. It's like I want to do.

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Translate.org gave me: 

Wait is Tails actually saying he's tired of just standing around!?

FINALLY!

Hopefully we'll see a return to that inner determination of wanting to be better than Sonic again.

Y'know his actual character before it was taken away from him...

The character that made him endearing and not an annoying brat...

Oh Sonic Forces why must you go one step forward, but three steps back?

I just don't get you...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Translate.org gave me: 

I actually kind of like that second part. It feels like the way a post-SA2 Tails would be. At the same time, it also makes me think of "It Doesn't Matter":

I don't know why, I can't leave though it might be tough
But I ain't out of control, just livin' by my word
Don't ask me why, I don't need a reason
I got my way, my own way

I like that. I guess I need the whole context, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

What little we've seen so far points to a Japan-dark plot but dialogue more in line with recent games. When Infinite beats up Sonic, there's an urgency and brutality to it, but Sonic still has this cocky attitude when he's talking to Infinite. 

25 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Sonic still has this cocky attitude when he's talking to Infinite. 

I wouldn't put too much into that. The scene from the trailer where Sonic is actually talking to Infinite is heavily doctored. That is not a conversation that will exist in that form. While he probably was speaking to Infinite about not even knowing his name, we don't have any context as to what is happening at the moment. The conversation we saw was piecemeal-ed together from other conversations.

Sonic was pretty causal with how he interacted with Merlina too. But when the time came, he serious'd the F*** up. That's all I need.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic - Anthropomorphic animals collecting mysterious, magical and powerful relics which grant people wishes whilst making sure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

Dragon Ball - A collection of fighters collecting mysterious, magical and powerful relics which grant people wishes whilst making sure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

1 minute ago, TargetWatch said:

Sonic - Anthropomorphic animals collecting mysterious, magical and powerful relics which grant people wishes whilst making sure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

Dragon Ball - A collection of fighters collecting mysterious, magical and powerful relics which grant people wishes whilst making sure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

One of the few differences is that one focuses on speed and the other on fist (and chi) fighting

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, TargetWatch said:

Wait is Tails actually saying he's tired of just standing around!?

FINALLY!

Hopefully we'll see a return to that inner determination of wanting to be better than Sonic again.

Y'know his actual character before it was taken away from him...

The character that made him endearing and not an annoying brat...

Oh Sonic Forces why must you go one step forward, but three steps back?

I just don't get you...

The writers are different this time.

We are probably going to see a different Tails than the one from Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

One of the few differences is that one focuses on speed and the other on fist (and chi) fighting

Pretty much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

The writers are different this time.

We are probably going too see a different Tails than the one from Lost World.

I honestly don't like how he started to become a jerk on that game especially since he's never called out on it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I honestly don't like how he started to become a jerk on that game especially since he's never called out on it.

Yeah, even from Infinite's trailer you can see a stark contrast in Tails personality. He's more kid like again.

The difference is like night and day.

He was a completely different person after Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

I know the chance of this happening is probably negative 100% but i'd like to see Forces explain some of the series more, for lack of a better word, stupid story elements like where the Time Eater even came from or EVERYTHING about Tails in Lost World. Heck, they have Classic Sonic. Try explaining how it can simultaneously be Sonic's past self (a'la Generations) while also being Sonic's self from another dimension (A'la Forces)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DonWaffleleven said:

Try explaining how it can simultaneously be Sonic's past self (a'la Generations) while also being Sonic's self from another dimension (A'la Forces)

Well that's the thing; the Forces Classic Sonic isn't the same Classic Sonic from Generations. The Generations one was only ever the younger version of the main dimension's Sonic. The Forces one is an alternate dimension one who just also happens to be a younger version.

Basically it's like having two parallel dimensions like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------- Generations

-------------------------------------------------------------- Forces

Now factor in the Sonics:

---- (GCS)----------------------------(GMS)--------- 

---- (FCS)------------------------------------------------

GCS = Generations Classic Sonic

GMS - Generations Modern Sonic

FCS - Forces Classic Sonic

• Promotion 1

Hopefully Tails' story is good in this game, but I doubt I'll find him an enjoyable character either way. He either bores me or annoys me, maybe he'll win me over.

6 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Well that's the thing; the Forces Classic Sonic isn't the same Classic Sonic from Generations. The Generations one was only ever the younger version of the main dimension's Sonic. The Forces one is an alternate dimension one who just also happens to be a younger version.

Do you have any evidence to back up that statement?  What if, when Forces comes out, nobody references Generations, nobody acknowledges the existence of a younger Sonic who resembles Classic Sonic, nobody mistakes him for Sonic's past self, and everyone instantly assumes that he must be from another dimension rather than another point in time?

20 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Do you have any evidence to back up that statement?  What if, when Forces comes out, nobody references Generations, nobody acknowledges the existence of a younger Sonic who resembles Classic Sonic, nobody mistakes him for Sonic's past self, and everyone instantly assumes that he must be from another dimension rather than another point in time?

Well it's more of an assumption based on the fact that:

Spoiler

In Eggman's battle against Classic Sonic, he mentioned that this Classic Sonic was from another dimension.

Additionally, I haven't seen anything that explicitly says that Generations is non-canon, so I was basing this on the idea that Generations was canon, and thus Classic Sonic from Generations could be used as an in-universe reference and thus the assumption could be made that Forces Classic Sonic is younger but also from another dimension. Now if it turns out Generations was said to be non-canon, or they do what you say and make no reference whatsoever, then I'll retract my assumption here.

• Thumbs Up 2