Awoo.

Voicing the voiceless, or the "who should voice this character who's never audibly spoken" thread

Big Panda

Not a specific voice actor but when I read the Archie comics (may they rest in peace), I always read Mighty Armadillo with a Scottish accent.

No idea why. Maybe the stereotype that Scottish = Tough guy or something. That and the variety would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Bean I imagined him to have a wacky cartoony voice so Dee Bradley Baker or Billy West considering the heritage and his inspirations being Daffy Duck and Woody Woodpecker. Mel Blanc or Joe Alaskey would have been perfect however they aren't alive anymore. Fang for me either sounds like a sly type of person so possibly Kevin Miller with a huskier tone or someone who has a menacing Austrailian type of accent but can't think of anyone, maybe Andrew O'Keefe? Bark is a tough one, I go for Alexander Armstrong as looking at the character looks tough, a bit older than most of the cast and shy.

As for the rest of the cast, Michelle Ruff for Honey considering the original character that she was based off was a shy but wild and raunchy character that Michelle can pull both off (she voices both Cream and Fujiko Mine covering the former and the latter). Mighty would be either Roger Craig Smith or Jason Griffith both in a deeper gruffer voice due to the Sonic connection but would have chosen Phil LaMarr as an alternative. Ray I'll go for either Kate Higgins or Amanda Miller.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd probably keep Bark mute, in keeping with the comic, but maybe give him a Silent Bob or Penn tic. When he does talk, it's either hilarious or surprisingly deep. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would hate to hear Nack with a voice. It would probably sound nasally and obnoxious or something. This is also why I hate pretty much every fan-made voice for Papyrus from Undertale

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2017 at 8:44 AM, Sean said:

I would hate to hear Nack with a voice. It would probably sound nasally and obnoxious or something. This is also why I hate pretty much every fan-made voice for Papyrus from Undertale

Found a nice possible voice for him:

• Promotion 3

I imagine something cartoonishly slick and devious sounding for Fang, probably with a Bronx accent. Something like Maddie Blaustein's version of Meowth, though she is also no longer with us. Terry Klassen (aka. Dr Quark) might be a good second choice. He's done some good slick weasel types before.

34 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

Mike Pollock as Captain Whiskers, but robotic and more menacing.

With a pirate voice. Maybe Johnny can be voiced by Todd Haberkorn.

Armin Shimerman, the voice of Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank, as Marine the Raccoon. 

• Nice Smile 1

Heavy King: A deep, booming intimidating sounding voice. Probably with a british accent as well.

Heavy Magician: For some reason, I can really picture her having a voice similar to Harley Quinn’s.

Heavy Shinobi: A deep calm and cool sounding voice. Not unlike Espio’s.

Heavy Rider: Either a southern accent or a high pitched hyperactive one.

Heavy Gunner: Wallace Shawn. Just Wallace Shawn.