Awoo.

Sonic Forces Rumors

Mad0Mura

So a person made a post on 4chan a few days ago talking about some info about Forces that he had gotten from SEGA of Europe, and although there's no real way to determine whether he's lying or not, it's info that I thought was worth posting here:

-Tails does not die during the game, something else happens to him. Another character will die, however.

-You've seen Infinite before now, but it is not what you are expecting.

-There will be a major plot twist involving Infinite.

-Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Avatar all have character development with Sonic.

-No other Sonics will appear, however, there is a reference to "Boom Sonic".

-Silver will travel back in time to fix his future, there will be multiple missions based around him.

-A certain beloved Classic Era character will appear as a hero.

-There will be an Easter Egg if you make a certain combination with Avatar. ;)

-The working title for the game was, in fact, "Sonic Generations 2", it later became "Sonic Wars" but was changed again.

-Wisps are important to the story.

-Many have already guessed why Shadow is a villain. Chaos and Zavok are both fighting for similar reasons.

-The story has multiple emotional and "feel-good" moments, as well as drama between characters.

-One final tidbit, there may be other playable characters.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

54 minutes ago, Mad0Mura said:

No other Sonics will appear, however, there is a reference to "Boom Sonic".

Oh no.

Aaaand... now I'm putting two and two together and realizing that most of, if not all of this info is probably legit. When Forces was still "Project Sonic 2017," late in 2016, Larry posted story details about Forces, a LOT of which turned out to be true and said that the title then was "Sonic Wars." This can't be a coincidence. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like they took a bunch of old rumours and added their own with nothing to back it up...

Nothing to see here.

9 minutes ago, Mad0Mura said:

Larry 

Isn't that the guy who posted on TSS?

Then when I ran his IP through our comment database I found he made several predictionsa few years back which turned out to be completely false.

Without any proof, I have no real reason to believe any of this. Though I wouldn't be opposed to a lot of these ideas. Especially since most of them indicate a deeper story. I really hope someone dies. It's been too long since a character's died.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ShroomZed said:

Yeah I'm super sure a character's going to fucking die guys. 

Well, Sonic died in 06. 

Should've stay dead but...

6 hours ago, Mad0Mura said:

-Tails does not die during the game, something else happens to him. Another character will die, however.

I can't believe _____________ is fucking dead!

• Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 2

7 hours ago, Mad0Mura said:

-You've seen Infinite before now, but it is not what you are expecting.

-There will be a major plot twist involving Infinite.

I can't wait for Infinite to be revealed as the leader of the Battle Bird Armada! 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is honestly too good to be true, but if they do execute the majority of these "rumors" and bring them to fruition, then that would most likely restore my faith in Forces. Some of them such as its focus on Silver seems far-fetch'd, but I'm actually intrigued by that idea.

23 hours ago, Mad0Mura said:

A certain beloved Classic Era character will appear as a hero.

Ristar! :D

Just kidding.

23 hours ago, Mad0Mura said:

You've seen Infinite before now, but it is not what you are expecting.

It's Sonic from an evil dimension. Calling it now.

• Promotion 1

"A character dies," eh? We know Sega wouldn't allow it to be anyone as central as Amy or above, which makes me think, who is going to die and how will it be handled?

Wouldnt it be awful if it were Charmy Bee and the story played it straight and somber? "Sayonara, Charmy Bee..."

• Nice Smile 2
  • Chuckle 1

12 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

"A character dies," eh? We know Sega wouldn't allow it to be anyone as central as Amy or above, which makes me think, who is going to die and how will it be handled?

Wouldnt it be awful if it were Charmy Bee and the story played it straight and somber? "Sayonara, Charmy Bee..."

I think the Custom Hero and Classic Sonic, or maybe a third one-off Chip-clone character. Or it could be Charmy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If Silver or Blaze died, I could actually see that having appropriate impact. Silver is more likely to bite the dust because blaze is a lot more unique. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

If Silver or Blaze died, I could actually see that having appropriate impact. Silver is more likely to bite the dust because blaze is a lot more unique. 

Especially since Blaze is generally a fan favorite character.