Awoo.

Sonic Forces Rumors

Mad0Mura

Well at least if Silver dies, they can finally stop trying to figure out what to do with him, lay him to rest and nothing of value will be lost.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

That would mean there's no post-game, kind of like Unleashed or the first Arkham game. I'd rather avoid that. 

They're not killing off a main character that's for sure. It's probably just Infinite because they always kill off most of the game specific villains before the ending. Anyways, I was almost willing to believe that list until the Silver getting multiple missions thing showed up. I'm sure they'll find some way to fuck up his gameplay if it does happen anyways.

• Promotion 2

I think by "missions based around [Silver]" they mean there'll be missions like the ones in Generations where you team up with the characters, not that you'll play as him.

7 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I think by "missions based around [Silver]" they mean there'll be missions like the ones in Generations where you team up with the characters, not that you'll play as him.

Funny you mentioned that, because this german site posted a preview of sorts on Forces, and the last paragraph apparently talks about the second Avatar mode:

"In the second Avatar mode, exclusively presented at Gamescom, avatars and classic Sonic characters combine their forces, resulting in a completely new arsenal of moves and abilities."

It's not confirmed yet, but I don't think that sounds too farfetched to be true.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

I was wondering, is sonic forces at games con?

It'll be playable there, but we're not aware of whether there'll be new or old stages.

1 hour ago, Speedi said:

They're not killing off a main character that's for sure. It's probably just Infinite because they always kill off most of the game specific villains before the ending. 

Exactly

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

I can definitely see that there are Missions in this game from the menu.

The 2nd Avatar mode at gamescom will make or break this since it is playable there and likely something will come out of the entire thing outside new info this week in general.

1 minute ago, James Cloud said:

The 2nd Avatar mode at gamescom will make or break this since it is playable there.

It's not playable in the public demo tho. That demo apparently is the same as E3 demo. Maybe "business" demo is different.

Just now, Bobnik said:

It's not playable in the public demo tho. That demo apparently is the same as E3 demo. Maybe "business" demo is different.

That's what I meant 

First of all, it's 4Chan.

Second of all, it's 4Chan.

But for real, It's 4Chan, I'm 101% it's all just conjecture. If any of it ends up being true it's just a coincidence. 

Now if ya wanna see some prenatural levels of guesswork then look no further than Kingdom Hearts theorists. That being said, anyone can piece together a plot if they have enough hints! 

Honestly, I call bullshit on ANYONE but Infinite dying. 

I think what would be more plausible as a rumor is that the Avatar has some connection to Infinite. Maybe... Infinite is an alternate reality version of the Avatar?! I hope I'm wrong tbh haha! 

The second avatar mode rumor doesn't come from 4chan though, it would really please me, I just asked for some content about Sonic's friends in the next trailer, I adored those missions in Generations, but with the wisps around, I have my doubts...

If the missions are like Challenges, they'll probably disable the wisp powers, specifically, though not the grappling hook and homing attack.

Like, having Blaze in a mission but also being able to use the Burst Wisp would be too redundant. Generations disabled skills for a similar reason (also I wish skills came back).

EDIT: I'm actually really interested in the game's missions now. Think about it; it could be a good way to have a bit more content and to have the side characters actually do something. If this rumor is right about certain characters getting development I could see little "side-plots" in the missions that wouldn't get in the way of the main plot. Imagine Tails helping Sonic / the Avatar do a thing in Park Avenue.

The main stages get the full levels and cutscenes that advance the plot, and the mission develop just a bit and could add a few non-intrusive gimmicks.

Though honestly, if it's exactly like Generations' Challenges I'll be fine with that too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...