Awoo.

Mania Glitch Thread

Badnik Mechanic

Video in the OP contains a spoiler. Text is spoiler free. Don't want boss spoilt. Don't watch the video.

Spoiler tags Please!

I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum but... there appears to be a potentially game breaking bug at the end of chemical plant in Mania.

After you beat the boss you are inside a machine... well... my partner and I were playing the game and we couldn't figure out how to get out of the machine... No matter what we tried Sonic was completely stuck.

Then suddenly... This happened. 

75vy0RZ.jpg

Sonic sorta fell through the floor, and became stuck here, for about 60 seconds, the timer had stopped and we had no control. We were just about to manually quit the game when suddenly Sonic fell again and appeared by the animal capsule.

Ryan is also playing the game and seems to be having similar problems with this boss too...

Anyone else encountered a problem here?

Beyond confirmed now.

Some people are lucky and can escape, others have had to restart and replay the whole level.

To elaborate, I got hit by a slightly different variation. I got stuck in the machine instead of getting blasted out. After jumping around a little, the game seemingly soft-locked on me. I jumped up, and it froze. The machine was still on screen but Sonic and Tails were gone, the timer had froze, and I was only able to access the pause menu. Had to go through the entirety of Chemical Plant again to fix it.

12 minutes ago, Remy said:

Didn't happen to me on the switch version. Wonder if it's PS4 specific

I'm watching a livestream of the Switch version and I didn't see that issue as well. 

3 hours ago, Remy said:

I'm 3 stages from the end on Switch and haven't hit anything game breaking yet. Nothing in this world is "perfect" but nor does anything need to be. Mania is "extremely good and fun" even with this shitty bug. 

Quick question remy, when you defeated that boss, did you just jump straight up or did you move a bit like in the video and then jump?

3 hours ago, Remy said:

I'm 3 stages from the end on Switch and haven't hit anything game breaking yet. Nothing in this world is "perfect" but nor does anything need to be. Mania is "extremely good and fun" even with this shitty bug. 

That statement, in regards to THIS franchise, says one HELL of a lot.

On par with the resurrection really.

Blessed be are we fans who waited so long.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Jetronic said:

Quick question remy, when you defeated that boss, did you just jump straight up or did you move a bit like in the video and then jump?

I honestly don't remember because I was playing it at like 1am last night, I was super surprised to be playing Puyo, and I was dropping phat chains on eggman's head . I feel like it was scripted and I didn't really do anything?

Having gotten the correct version of events to play out, you should blast straight up and out of the machine as soon as Robotnik's off screen. The glitch occurs when that doesn't happen. You'll get trapped in the machine, and if you try to jump out, the glitch occurs. If lucky, you'll be blasted out after falling through the stage. If not (Like me) then you'll repeat the entirety of Chemical Plant.

Oh and here's another to add onto the list. Was going through Flying Battery Act 2 and grabbed a hidden invincibility box. Then ran to the bottom section and grabbed the electricity shield, and randomly Sonic and Tails turned into their latching onto a pole animation while the inside of the ship suddenly had thunder. The game then proceeded to make an extremely glitched out sound and once again required a restart which not only cost me my progress through an already long and pretty terrible level, but also took away the five lives I had managed to grab throughout the level, reducing me back to three.

Nice fucking work on the bug testing guys.

Was going through Flying Battery Zone Act 2 and got near the end of the level, about five minutes into it. Came to an outdoor section of the ship that started from the top of the screen and wanted me to proceed to the bottom left. Accidentally found a hidden invincibility box  on the way down and reentered the ship. There was an electric shield box, so I grabbed that and suddenly the entire game just went completely insane. Not only did the game force Sonic and Tails onto the animation for latching onto a pole during wind sections outside of the ship, the ship's insides got darkened to replicate thunder clouds, and the sound began completely glitching out. The control were completely locked up with the only thing I was able to do was slightly move Sonic up and down. 

This is the second game breaking bug I came across that not only needed a restart, and cost me a huge chunk of level progress, but the second one inside the first four zones of the game.

This is also the PS4 version, the same one with the Chemical Plant bug.

Okay smart guy how much did the Plumber pay you to spoil Sonic's time on the spotlight?

Or was it the woahrsupial?

WHO HIRED YOU.

why are there so many gamebreaking bugs?

Just now, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Okay smart guy how much did the Plumber pay you to spoil Sonic's time on the spotlight?

Or was it the woah marsupial?

WHO HIRED YOU.

why are there so many gamebreaking bugs?

latest?cb=20140307000131

"Oh indeed! Who would hire people to mess with the blue rodent on his big comeback! Perhaps it was that devilishly handsome Dr. Wily?" 

i dont know why theres so many game breaking bugs 

• Chuckle 2

• The title was changed to Mania Glitch Thread

Topics merged, I don't think we need a thread for every little glitch or problem with the game to be honest. 

The game then proceeded to make an extremely glitched out sound and once again required a restart which not only cost me my progress through an already long and pretty terrible level, but also took away the five lives I had managed to grab throughout the level, reducing me back to three.

It's pretty annoying when stuff like this happens towards the tail end of a stage, but like at the absolute extreme you lost 10 minutes, More likely 3.  Second time around you could probably take a diff path?

I've suffered a glitch with the Green Hill Act 2 boss. It only happened to me once, and can be very difficult to recreate. So the boss is on mixed terrain, like low flats and high hills. You better hope you beat the boss on a low flat, because here's what happened to me:

Beating the Act 2 boss, the capsule came floating down from the top. Being on a high hill, I could easily hit the button. Capsule's open, and Sonic goes into his victory pose. Problem is the capsule keeps moving after you've pressed it. Where it would usually crush Sonic and kill him, the capsule instead moves Sonic. And moved him through the ground and to his death at the bottom of the screen. Mind you, DURING THE VICTORY SCREEN, where Sonic cannot be moved.

Uncontrollable and unable to be helped, I instead had to beat the boss again, losing a life.

I've only experienced one glitch and one bug. And I've only experienced the both of them ONCE.

And yet, they do not ruin my experience, and I still love the hell out of Mania. I'd still put Mania at an 8 or 9 out of 10.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got another glitch to report. A funny one actually.

Spoiler

On Oil Ocean Act 2, right after the transition, if you're playing on Sonic & Tails mode, Tails falls right through the stage, and at random points, provided you have the background cleared, you can see Tails randomly moving in a random direction, running on air at points in the background tiles.

Um... In one of the New stages,

Spoiler

Press Garden Zone,

on Act 2, after getting a life and the jingle played, all of a sudden the stage clear music played, and the music stopped. Once I made it to the end, I started fighting the HBH, but the capsule was there so I didn't need to fight him.

That's all so far. PS4 version as well.

Also, @Ryannumber1gamer, maybe put that stage in spoilers? I didn't get that far yet and didn't know that was a stage.

Just now, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hide contents

Press Garden Zone,

on Act 2, after getting a life and the jingle played, all of a sudden the stage clear music played, and the music stopped. Once I made it to the end, I started fighting the HBH, but the capsule was there so I didn't need to fight him.

Also, @Ryannumber1gamer, maybe put that stage in spoilers? I didn't get that far yet and didn't know that was a stage.

Done.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Reveal hidden contents

Press Garden Zone,

I've not had that sound glitch happen myself but I did see it happen to a streamer on YouTube, so it's definitely not a one off. He fixed it though by going into the special stage.

Found another game ending glitch to watch out for whilst roaming through youtube. Seemingly a lot of these stuck in wall glitches.