Awoo.

Mania Glitch Thread

Badnik Mechanic

Since this now became all glitches.

Skipped the topic to avoid spoilers so if it's already posted meh...

Talking a look at any highscore/time leaderboard.... Will crash your system...

How does that get out!?

Spoiler

Oil Ocean Act 2's boss is so hysterically fucked. I lost about ten lives in a row because it would just suck me through the floor and murder me. It's like sometimes the oil is a solid object and sometimes it's not. It's one of the tougher bosses even when the game isn't breaking, but that shit makes it a nightmare.

Besides that, though, I had nothing major. Green Hill Act 2's boss did have some weird thing happen where Tails was stuck on the right side of the screen trapped in the rolling animation, though. And I let the boss walk up to the ledge to see what would happen and I got sucked under him, somehow. That's about it.

I play the Switch version and I haven't noticed any hiccups or glitches as of yet, but I've only played through Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant (granted, I replayed those stages for over an hour straight). I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

6 hours ago, Adamis said:

2lddsfp.jpg

I need one ball but there are three in front of me...?!

What happened next?

So I have a question for you guys mainly for @Ryannumber1gamer and @Mayor D.

In the Chemical Plant Act 2 Boss, were you guys playing as just Sonic, Sonic and Tails, just Tails, or Knuckles.

Reason I say this. ( played on the switch by the way), is because when I beat the boss with knuckles I was able to get out. But when I did a no save playthrough with Sonic and Tails, after I jumped Sonic clipped through the ground and I ended up with a game over. 

Maybe the glitch is with certain characters.

2 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

So I have a question for you guys mainly for @Ryannumber1gamer and @Mayor D.

In the Chemical Plant Act 2 Boss, were you guys playing as just Sonic, Sonic and Tails, just Tails, or Knuckles.

Reason I say this. ( played on the switch by the way), is because when I beat the boss with knuckles I was able to get out. But when I did a no save playthrough with Sonic and Tails, after I jumped Sonic clipped through the ground and I ended up with a game over. 

Maybe the glitch is with certain characters.

Sonic and Tails for me. Worked fine once with them, glitched once with them, and worked fine for Knuckles.

Big Jon was consistently getting the same glitch Robotnik would lose and the game would go: screw it! Double down! Seems to mainly happen with Sonic and Tails together. Prevailing theory being it's Tails fault somehow.

9 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Big Jon was consistently getting the same glitch Robotnik would lose and the game would go: screw it! Double down! Seems to mainly happen with Sonic and Tails together. Prevailing theory being it's Tails fault somehow.

I noticed that Tails is still flying up and down where Sonic is before he went behind Sonic. Maybe the code gets screwed up there. 

Hey as long as I can still play with Knuckles or Tails by himself I can wait until a patch before playing with both sonic and tails again

I've seen a small handful of glitches. Most of them are sound related. Something wont load quite right after the ending of an invincibility jingle, or returning from a special stage, and the stage BGM is just dead silence. That's happened a few times. A soft reset is all it takes to fix.

I have gotten stuck in a wall once or twice, although it seems to happen to the CPU Tails much more often then the player character. I've also noticed that the game is extremely finicky about crushing Sonic. There has been a good few times where I've been squished, but I feel like its happened unfairly. Like there was enough space there, but I think that is less of a glitch and more of an issue of Sonic's hitbox being slightly too big.

Nothing major. Not enough to ruin an experience. Might cost you a life here or there.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed...somewhere, but I can't find it. It's about the 10 ring container in special stage 4

Special Stage 4 and 6 were my curse, but this just made me laugh. The camera just flips out like you lost, but everything keeps going while it zooms out. The ring container is either too close to where the game calls the camera to zoom out or the call itself is too close.

Spoiler

This happened to me during my first play through during the Titanic Monarch Act 2 boss battle. Still have no idea how the fuck I caused this.

• Thumbs Up 2

First run through of Chemical Plant I got a game over because the Block Stairs kept crushing me, only they were vertical, and moving away from me. Just touching them seemed to be death.

Not sure if this is a glitch but it was pretty funny (albeit annoying) 

Spoiler

After beating Stardust Speedway Act 1, the sign post gave me a ring box that fell to my right. I didn't collect it and when the stage got ready to transition to Act 2 (where Sonic runs to the right), he just leaned against the ring box and stayed there. The game wasn't frozen, he was still moving but he was just leaning on the ring box and I had no control over the character since it was a between acts thing. I also couldn't pause because again, it wasn't technically "in game" so I had to close out the application and restart. Thankfully I've already beaten the game so it wasn't a big deal, I was just replaying replaying Stardust for the fun of it

Got a game breaking bug today in Hydrocity Zone, Sonic & Tails mode. Beat the Act 1 boss, ran past the signpost and off screen. When Act 2 was meant to start, it didn't - instead everything froze up and Tails just kept banging his head against the invisible wall. 

Only way to fix this was to reboot the game and replay Hydrocity Act 1.

11 hours ago, Azure P said:

This is basically Insonicnia, that old Mystical Forest Zone comic, hahaha

Spoiler

S0BbAeL.jpg

He keeps his hair like that throughout the entire comic. Sprite comics are dumb.

also, courtesy of @Blue Blood

20800180_1570213079676678_10034892711944

He's just chillin. Get him some grapejuice before he dehydrates!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

29 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

Tails is Sonic's bigger brother ;)

DHYS-vuXcAYldr6.jpg

Now there's a plot twist I would never have predicted

PS4 version here. Dunno if anyone said this yet, but... 

• The game crashes when I try to load the leaderboards. 
  • In Competition mode, in Green Hill Zone sometimes the background doesn't change when someone dies (BG of the cavern and above it)

Also...

Spoiler
  • When playing Mean Bean with another player, they pressed Options to pause the game and it also crashed.
  • Another problem with this minigame is that Level 5 is broken. If you keep changing the piece's position once it lands, you can make other pieces next to it disappear.

Not sure if anyone posted this but... 

Spoiler

During the last boss with Eggman, if you're playing with Sonic and Tails, it's possible for both the grabby hands to grab Tails. They'll crystalize, but won't transition to the next scene because it's Tails and not Sonic. You'll just be stuck on the screen. 

So remember kids. If some grabby hands try to touch you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good. Just let it happen, or you'll risk getting stuck forever. 

Of course, if you do get stuck like this, you just have to restart.