Awoo.

Mania Glitch Thread

Badnik Mechanic

On 8/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, Adamis said:

2lddsfp.jpg

I need one ball but there are three in front of me...?!

I had the same thing happen on the same special stage.

I cannot seem to register a clear time for Studiopolis Act 1 in Time Attack. It just restarts the stage after yelling "GOAAAAL!" Act 2 and Stardust Speedway Act 1 both register times just fine, so, dunno what that's about.

Even when you beat Eggman in a game of Puyo Puyo, you still die. It kept happening a couple times so I decided to record. AFTER I finished recording this and played one more time, the glitch/bug stopped and I was able to finally move on to the next level. Weird. I'm not sure what exactly triggered it to happen and keep happening for so long (Lost a few lives), and not sure what caused it to finally stop.

Had my first glitch encounter last night, minor audio bug seemingly connected to the game getting confused about how close I was to drowning:

Spoiler

At the start of the Hydrocity boss where Eggman chases you through the tunnel and you have to lure him into bombs, the game randomly started playing the drowning music even though I had just grabbed an air bubble not long before. The music played out and since I obviously didn't drown when it finished there was no music for the remainder of the battle. The game fixed itself once the next level started. 

So this glitch is not related to the home button glitch (which I'm also having as well ?) that most people have been complaining about.  I've just beaten act 1 in Hydro City but after I beat the boss and reach the check point, the game just stops and won't let me continue to the next level. I've tried closing the game and restarting it which meant I had to restart the level and beat it again but it still won't let me continue. Is anybody else experiencing something similar and if so is there away to fix this?

So I was browsing Youtube, trying to find videos of Japanese people playing this game with a decent amount of views (there aren't many). The closest I found was this by IGN Japan. They covered Sonic Mania in this video, but I noticed something. Whenever Sonic and Tails jump, it plays the ring sound effect instead of the jumping one. I have no idea how it happened, but it happened. Looks like an audio bug.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've encountered that audio bug. Whenever the jumping SFX was played, the ring SFX would also play, even in the special stages. With Sonic and Tails, this would mean you's always hear 2 ring sounds on every jump. Kinda confusing when one lose your rings and jump; You're being believed that you recovered some of them.

I had a few instances where the transition wouldn't complete, such as when Sonic gets to jump on the flying battery; he got stuck somewhere and the ship just left lol.

I've also experienced a critical error once; The game would crash and lead you to the Home screen. It was around the area where you are given a fire shield and there is a ton of ice cubes.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but Eggman would always eventually lose by himself at puyo. You don't need to attack him at all.

I can always count on Knuckles to help me break something and get a good laugh out of it

Was trying to speed run Studiopolis Act 1 in time attack mode and after I ran past the goal sign to finish the level...Sonic died and I had to restart the speed run. 

...Nah. My entire interest in speed running this just went down the drain tonight. LOL

Also, my friend told me he was practicing in Chemical Plant Act 2 and this happened. He couldn't get out so I'm assuming he just restarted the stage. 

20979685_1739478513019124_167738645_n.jpg?oh=53a6627cefc1701788710bcf1a1cd2cf&oe=599992A920937810_1739479559685686_59683329_n.jpg?oh=9f1a890bb5fcbc88f85cdbb83c265367&oe=5999AE0E

I had a real annoying glitch happen today, while trying to face the final boss as Super Tails.

Before I entered the last checkpoint, I was already in my super form, when I went through the portal, Tails reverted back to normal, yet the super theme was still playing. I still had over 50 rings and tried going super again, but it wouldn't work. I had to fight the regular final battle, yet had no way of facing the true final boss, because the game wouldn't let me go super, despite the super theme still playing in the background...

I certainly wasn't super though, because I took damage during the boss fight... What the heck happened?...

On 19/08/2017 at 8:15 AM, SpongicX said:

I had a real annoying glitch happen today, while trying to face the final boss as Super Tails.

Before I entered the last checkpoint, I was already in my super form, when I went through the portal, Tails reverted back to normal, yet the super theme was still playing. I still had over 50 rings and tried going super again, but it wouldn't work. I had to fight the regular final battle, yet had no way of facing the true final boss, because the game wouldn't let me go super, despite the super theme still playing in the background...

I certainly wasn't super though, because I took damage during the boss fight... What the heck happened?...

For some reason you can only go Super during the final battle when he starts his attack pattern.

Also, going Super during the fight has no influence on whether you fight the true final boss; and Tails can't fight it at all, outside of level select tomfoolery.

Makes me wonder the PC version, how glitchy might it have been? Was in the same state as the current console build when it got delayded? Plus, we haven't seen a single video of the PC version. -_-

37 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Makes me wonder the PC version, how glitchy might it have been? Was in the same state as the current console build when it got delayded? Plus, we haven't seen a single video of the PC version. -_-

The PC version was likely delayed due to DRM issues (which do qualify as optimisation) as opposed to bugs, and it's probably the lead platform. We've not seen any official footage of the PC version that we know of, but that doesn't actually mean anything at all. And Mania isn't in a bad state whatsoever. It's got more bugs than is ideal, but the game functions correctl . The bugs present are mostly down to specific circumstances rather than the game being broken in any way and can be patched out with relative ease. It's not a case of things that need to be completely reworked.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The PC version was likely delayed due to DRM issues (which do qualify as optimisation) as opposed to bugs, and it's probably the lead platform. We've not seen any official footage of the PC version that we know of, but that doesn't actually mean anything at all. And Mania isn't in a bad state whatsoever. It's got more bugs than is ideal, but the game functions correctl . The bugs present are mostly down to specific circumstances rather than the game being broken in any way and can be patched out with relative ease. It's not a case of things that need to be completely reworked.

Thanks for clarification. Must be all this waiting time what makes me hysterical. I myself didn't catch a single bug/glitch playing the PS4 version. Maybe I shouldn't read these reports very often since I find them disturbing while waiting the PC Mania. :lol:

Remember that Flying Battery Glitch I mentioned?

A+Start had it happen to him too. 2:03

• Thumbs Up 2

The first time I encountered Heavy Shinobi, I got the Tails ice block glitch like others did and was able to run right past him and hit the animal cage, ending the level.

My major glitch was during the final boss fight with Eggman. When he grabbed be and flashed me to Heavy Rider. However, I started on the left side and she wasn't there yet, so I jumped onto the wall on the left to where I couldn't see Sonic or Tails, but nothing happened. I finally ran to the right to fight her, but the camera didn't follow. I couldn't see what was happening. I could HEAR that I pressed the D-Pad and buttons, hit a ring box, lost some rings and gained some back. (probably thanks to Tails) but could see none of it. Thankfully the time passed and I got flashed back to Eggman with barely and rings lost and was able to defeat him.

The problem i'm having to face atm is that the FULL MEDAL JACKET is still locked when the NO WAY? NO WAY! achievement is unlocked. Tried doing all 32 blue spheres with silver completions but to no avail.  Help please?

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Remember that Flying Battery Glitch I mentioned?

A+Start had it happen to him too. 2:03

This video is hilarious.

I just streamed Mania and the game froze as I was about to collect the sixth chaos emerald. So I had to restart the game and start a new stream!

#GlitchMania

Just now, OcelotBot said:

This video is hilarious.

I just streamed Mania and the game froze as I was about to collect the sixth chaos emerald. So I had to restart the game and start a new stream!

#GlitchMania

Froze how? My first time ever completing the 6th Special Stage saw Knuckles run up to the UFO but he never started to spindash. He was just running on the spot and the UFO wasn't moving. What made it funnier was that Knuckles was some Blue Spheres that kept regenerating every few seconds, so he was racking up crazy points. But it was all for naught cause the game was soft-locked (couldn't pause and exit) so I had to return to the home menu and close the game.

39 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Froze how? My first time ever completing the 6th Special Stage saw Knuckles run up to the UFO but he never started to spindash. He was just running on the spot and the UFO wasn't moving. What made it funnier was that Knuckles was some Blue Spheres that kept regenerating every few seconds, so he was racking up crazy points. But it was all for naught cause the game was soft-locked (couldn't pause and exit) so I had to return to the home menu and close the game.

Here you go (and yes that's me talking...and laughing):

It wouldn't allow me to return to the main menu. The game completely froze!

My favorite glitch that I've encountered (I'm on switch btw) is sometimes randomly--I dunno what triggers it--is that instead of Sonic's jump sound, it'll play the ring grab sfx. SO every time I jump it sounds like I'm getting a ring. It's very confusing, especially in segments like Oil Ocean where I need to jump up oil slicks.

6 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Here you go (and yes that's me talking...and laughing):

It wouldn't allow me to return to the main menu. The game completely froze!

Same bug, same level. Lol 

Other than the famous audio Glitch on the Switch version, I have a couple of Major ones.

At Flying Battery Act 1, Eggman never arrived to drop me in the trash so I was stuck. I think Eggman disappearing is hilarious in hindsight so I liked hearing the Puyo Puyo version of this.

The more aggravating one was I got softlocked in Titanic Monarch Act 2 cos it was my first time completion.

I think I died and fell through a teleporter(Purple Miasma) and the double instance confused the game on which to do and crashed. Funnily enough, the music was still playing reliably.

(Yes, I went through a lot of the audio glitches, all the glitches really hurt my first playthrough. I mean no music in Press Garden Act 2, the best stage theme. Sucks.

Not sure sure what exactly triggered it but I was Super Sonic and collected a lightning shield. From that point until I quit the game a few levels later, anytime Sonic jumped the ring collect sound would play twice.