Awoo.

Mania Glitch Thread

Badnik Mechanic

I was playing me a little bit of Sonic Mania, and I went through special stage 4.
 Look what happened when I tried to jump over the ramp.

• Promotion 2

1 hour ago, Bomber Blurr said:

I was playing me a little bit of Sonic Mania, and I went through special stage 4.

Merged this into the glitch topic!

Also: that's hilarious.

A few glitches happened to me also, and I'm playing the Switch version. 

At the beginning of Hydrocity act 1 as Tails I immediately held all the way left at the beginning of the stage where you're falling from above and I got stuck in the wall. I was able to jump up and get out but it was pretty strange. 

As Super Sonic during the very first boss in Green Hill act 1 I knocked out both heads of the boss at almost the exact same time and I just got stuck. The sign post never came, so I had to exit the stage manually. 

And lastly, when I played the blue spheres undocked, I kept getting error notifications whenever I cleared the round, but it only did this when I was using debug mode thankfully. 

I love the game but it's in major need of some polish. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else feel the entirety of Mirage Saloon Zone Act 1 is kinda glitchy? You can easily spin dash off the plane at some parts or get killed by the screen scrolling too fast. 

ZackScott is such a Sonic newbie it's hard to watch sometimes, but I can't really blame his frustration on this stage. 

On 8/23/2017 at 3:49 PM, Bomber Blurr said:

I triggered the same thing on the Switch version.

In addition:

-Frequent game crashes for seemingly no reason (Kicks you back to the home screen)
-Entire system crashes (Error: 2107-0427)
-Issues with transforming into the super forms in certain situations
-Occasional softlocks on attempting to grab a chaos emerald
-Collision issues (I've somehow gotten myself into a wall at some point and fallen through floors at Studiopolis).
-Really minor things, still raises an eyebrow though. Music stopping and never restarting, etc

This thing crashes a lot. So far, I've had it crash at:

-CPZ1 miniboss
-LRZ1, no reason
-GHZ1, beginning with Tails
-GHZ1 again, with Sonic

And a few other times I forget the specifics of. It crashed right as I was trying to attempt one of the special stages at one point.

I've already beaten the game with all four possible choices (Sonic/Tails, Sonic, Knuckles, Tails), so I'll probably wait for a patch to drop before picking it back up again. This really could've used more time for polish...

You can easily spin dash off the plane

This was possible in Sonic 2 as well, IIRC.

Many of these glitches have been reported here, but I compiled some from last week:

Flying Battery Act 2 - Stuckles
Press Garden Act 2 - Silence in the background
Press Garden Act 1 - Self-explanatory
Oil Ocean Act 2 - Tails flew the coop
Chemical Plant Act 1 - Super stuck
Flying Battery Act 2 - Encore

12 hours ago, PKGaming said:

Anyone else feel the entirety of Mirage Saloon Zone Act 1 is kinda glitchy? You can easily spin dash off the plane at some parts or get killed by the screen scrolling too fast. 

ZackScott is such a Sonic newbie it's hard to watch sometimes, but I can't really blame his frustration on this stage. 

Only time I hit a glitch in that act was going Super Sonic and running off the damn plane. To be fair, that happened all the time in the original too, though that's an area I wish Mania improved.

7 minutes ago, SmashMaster said:

Thanks Tails .-.

Merged this with the glitch thread, but I'd just like to say I loved the topic title of "Tails ruining everything since 1992."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

31 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Merged this with the glitch thread, but I'd just like to say I loved the topic title of "Tails ruining everything since 1992."

Haha thanks.

What happened during competition mode... Me and my sister were playing through Press Garden Act 2 as Knuckles and Tails respectively and in one place she got stuck between sakuras, in an inside area with like 3 sakuras and a woodpecker. 

I wanted to make a picture but... I was probably putting too much faith into Print Screen.

The glitch was pretty strange indeed as Tails´ animation was that of losing rings stuck and there was no way out. It might be possible to do it with all characters.

4 hours ago, superman43 said:

What happened during competition mode... Me and my sister were playing through Press Garden Act 2 as Knuckles and Tails respectively and in one place she got stuck between sakuras, in an inside area with like 3 sakuras and a woodpecker. 

I wanted to make a picture but... I was probably putting too much faith into Print Screen.

The glitch was pretty strange indeed as Tails´ animation was that of losing rings stuck and there was no way out. It might be possible to do it with all characters.

Lol that sounds bizarre! A lot of people have been finding crazy glitches in this game. I've probably found more glitches in this game than the other classic games lol.

3 hours ago, SmashMaster said:

Lol that sounds bizarre! A lot of people have been finding crazy glitches in this game. I've probably found more glitches in this game than the other classic games lol.

It seems that getting hurt by the woodpecker will send you between sakuras. At least that´s how I think it happened. LOL

1 hour ago, Bobnik said:

Sooo, this happened:

Hide contents

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Couldn't move or do anything except pause and restart.

This is PC version btw

Well done :joy: In my run I caused Heavy King to fall through floor after defeating him (nothing picked him up). I got to the capsule normally then.

Hm... I got killed by somehow getting into the small area to the right of the spring. I wasn't able to replicate it though.

SonicMania 2017-08-31 11-09-53-35.jpg

On 8/27/2017 at 5:43 PM, CleverSonicUsername said:

Only time I hit a glitch in that act was going Super Sonic and running off the damn plane. To be fair, that happened all the time in the original too, though that's an area I wish Mania improved.

That's not a glitch...the plane is only meant to go barely above Sonic's average ground speed.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

That's not a glitch...the plane is only meant to go barely above Sonic's average ground speed.

People can be happy that at least one tap spindash won´t cause you falling off the plane.

22 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Oh so it's poor design that they never improved upon, good to know.

10 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Hmm, it's poorly thought in regards to Super Sonic and multiple revs of a spin-dash, but there's literally no reason to ever spin-dash in that type of stage nor is there a reason to go Super.

Other than that it's fine...buuuuuut I'd say just to be safe, they should've taken away the ability to duck on the plane anyway just in case.

10 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Hmm, it's poorly thought in regards to Super Sonic and multiple revs of a spin-dash, but there's literally no reason to ever spin-dash in that type of stage nor is there a reason to go Super.

Other than that it's fine.

If I want to spin dash or go super that's my choice, and I shouldn't be punished for it because the developers didn't care enough to account for someone playing in a less rigid way than "walk around and jump a few times." In 2 specifically, if I have 50 rings and I jumped then I don't really have much of a choice in the matter.

Edit: Actually on the subject of Mirage Saloon, I did run into a glitch on it the other day where the gun at the end of Robotnik's train actually shot me to my death because the Tornado never appeared. Tails asleep on the job.

They "did" care enough, that's why it happens.

No game comes without punishment and in this instance they give you no reason to do so, but punish the player anyway for even trying.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

They "did" care enough, that's why it happens.

No game comes without punishment and in this instance they give you no reason to do so, but punish the player anyway for even trying.

In this case, I'm going to have to side with CSU. There's no indication that the Tornado has any difficulties keeping up with Sonic, whether he's going Super or just spindashing. It may not be a bug or glitch per se, but it's certainly an oversight that would benefit from being straightened out. You're locked to the confines of the scrolling screen, and your only foothold follows you. It shouldn't have any delay that can let you get killed.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Just because a game doesn't hold your hand doesn't make it "poor design"! :/

1 minute ago, Alienrun said:

Just because a game doesn't hold your hand doesn't make it "poor design"! :/

What?

Poor design is not ensuring the arsenal of moves and abilities your character has functions with the entire gimmick of a level. Getting your ass dropped off a platform because you held right isn't hand holding it's making your platform functional. This is such a weird thing to defend.

• Thumbs Up 3