Awoo.

Mania Glitch Thread

Badnik Mechanic

I don't know if anyone has had this one, but I'm gonna report it anyway. I beat the boss in Hydrocity Act 2 with Super Sonic. As the water level dropped, the drowning music started to play, only to stop (because no water) and get replaced with... nothing. Hitting the capsule crashed the game. I was Sonic and Tails, on Xbox One, Version 1.04.

This isn't a game breaking glitch but it is something.

When I reached the mini boss for Chemical Plant in Encore Mode the screen locked as it should but my partner character ended up being locked out. I definitely reached that boss with 2 characters and the partner character was still there jumping non stop off-screen esentially trying to get through. They came back after I beat the boss.

Haven't seen this issue occur with any other bosses as of yet.

Just to mention it here...

When you pause the game after Press Garden Act 1 boss fight is done at the right moment, the transition will fail. Restarting the stage will send you to Act 1 tally, though. 

2018-07-17.png

I've got a game-breaker in Mirage Saloon Act 1. I flew up to the top of one of the enclosed areas like I usually do as Tails, trying to find a secret path or special ring in the wall, only for him to suddenly clip into the background layer, and his entire top layer being blocked by the stage. His feet are still visible but if you try to move him, he acts like he's trapped in a wall. Swapping to another character doesn't work either since they'll be even further embedded higher in the ceiling.

EDIT: Toying around with the glitch, it happens EVERY time you fly Tails up there (and possibly Knuckles if he climbs there). You can escape it if you mash the jump button and move around, which causes you to either clip through the bottom back to the normal stage, or keep jumping up til you hit a part of the level again.

In Flying Battery Act 2's boss in Encore mode, getting killed with a character suddenly unloaded the boss and all assets from the arena, hung for a few seconds, then killed my backup character off screen before sending everyone back to the last checkpoint. I'm not sure if this happens in *just* encore mode, but that's where I encountered it.

13 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I've got a game-breaker in Mirage Saloon Act 1. I flew up to the top of one of the enclosed areas like I usually do as Tails, trying to find a secret path or special ring in the wall, only for him to suddenly clip into the background layer, and his entire top layer being blocked by the stage. His feet are still visible but if you try to move him, he acts like he's trapped in a wall. Swapping to another character doesn't work either since they'll be even further embedded higher in the ceiling.

EDIT: Toying around with the glitch, it happens EVERY time you fly Tails up there (and possibly Knuckles if he climbs there). You can escape it if you mash the jump button and move around, which causes you to either clip through the bottom back to the normal stage, or keep jumping up til you hit a part of the level again.

I believe it can happen with any character.

1546295036_2018-07-18(1).png.a1b24d33a2cfa80b27f9d2cc5d2f51b8.png

This happened in Mirage Saloon act 2. Started as Tails/Knuckles, switched Tails to Sonic and clipped. 

This is a silly one, but after the new update and Mania Plus, now the into movie is glitched (both versions). It corrupts and skips ahead right around the point where Sonic comes out of Studiopolis, and causes the music to bleed over into the title screen. I have the Xbox One version, current patch and Mania Plus.

4 hours ago, Plasme said:

I got a black and white intro animation on the steam version. No idea how or why.

Same; it's also affected the Mania mode ending animations (Mighty's, at least, but I'd assume the others as well).

Also, minor glitch I just ran into. I was gliding around after beating Heavy Rider and instead of the level transition cancelling my movement he just kept floating off diagonally in his "looking into the background" animation

With the "Flying Super character cheat" it is possible to go through the Laser Barrier in Flying Battery Zone Act 1 (where Eggman stays behind) with Super Dash. Nothing spectacular, but at least you can see the whole "cycle" of the miniboss. 

My steam version won't let me change screen filters. Not that I used anything else than clean but still.

On PC, using Mighty's ground pound after defeating the TMZ1 boss crashes the game. Happened to me yesterday and some people on the Steam forums have the same problem.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:29 AM, John43 said:

The switch version makes the UI on the home screen extremely unresponsive while the game is running 

Your comment is an old response but for whatever reason, the forum directly took me to it.

This isn't a glitch and is a natural limitation of the Switch OS. The system allocates more resources to games which means if you multitask, the home screen gets resources taken away. I've seen the eShop for example become a laggy mess if I briefly use the home menu to check for DLC.

6 hours ago, Autosaver said:

Your comment is an old response but for whatever reason, the forum directly took me to it.

This isn't a glitch and is a natural limitation of the Switch OS. The system allocates more resources to games which means if you multitask, the home screen gets resources taken away. I've seen the eShop for example become a laggy mess if I briefly use the home menu to check for DLC.

This was an issue with the game. It was fixed in a later update.

7 hours ago, Autosaver said:

Yeah, as Pengi says there was an issue with the Switch version when was new. Pressing the home button could result in a delay of up to about five seconds before the home screen would actually pop up. It was pretty nasty. There was also some slow down in Special Stages. All of the issues were fixed in updates a long time ago, but they went well beyond regular limitations of the Switch OS at the time.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:00 PM, BlueFlare said:

My steam version won't let me change screen filters. Not that I used anything else than clean but still.

This is a super weird one, because it also renders full screen blurry as hell. But there's a fix!

In the Mania install directory there should be a file called "settings.ini". Open it in notepad, and where it says "shadersupport=n" change the n to a y. Then it'll work.

Weirdly it's set to no for some folks and yes for others. Dunno what's happened there.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

This is a super weird one, because it also renders full screen blurry as hell. But there's a fix!

In the Mania install directory there should be a file called "settings.ini". Open it in notepad, and where it says "shadersupport=n" change the n to a y. Then it'll work.

Weirdly it's set to no for some folks and yes for others. Dunno what's happened there.

Thanks! I'm going to try this today when I come home.

• 2 weeks later...

So... playing Encore... got to Hydrocity Act 2... cleared the boss.

One thing to say: Don´t press down (crouching) all the time during the "act cleared screen". Or else:

1199865609_2018-08-01(1).thumb.png.b1e38f46b86dd747d3b17a63fb6dffec.png

Softlock.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, here's a thing:

AiflWxB.png

I took Tails through (what is usually) Knuckles' LRZ 2 exit to Hidden Palace/the Heavy King fight. At the checkpoint before the fight you can fly up/left to reach a platform and then up/right and you can trigger the Heavy Rider fight. Rider's stunt ramps are semisolid to the players for some reason, and I softlocked the level transition by standing on the left ramp because the characters wanted to run off to the right but kept slipping back (hitting pause skipped to MMZ though).

e: and if you don't get stuck on a platform you run off into a wall and the transition softlocks anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, I've managed to get up on to the on the platforms by messing around with layer triggers in debug mode. But that was in a much older build of the game before the level transitions were patched in, so without the transitions the game wouldn't softlock.