Awoo.

Why doesn't Sonic get more complaints about being Overpowered than Shadow

Dash Speed

After reading up on Shadow's abilities, the only real threats he has over other characters is Time Manipulation (which we still don't know for aire if he can perform without an Emerald), Spatial Manipulation, Duplication (very limited as it's likely him screwing with space-time and the clones are limited to one attack), Barrier Nullification with Chaos Blast (or it can be said that those barriers were just too weak, given the enemies Shadow fights in those games where it's given the ability to bypass shields, he's not normally up against nuclear threats with the exception of a mech boss), and the whole banishing people outside space-time (though this is very telegraphed and not his quickest attack).

Besides that, he has guns and vehicles of all kinds, but he's only used them in one game and guns are literally something the others deal with all the time due to Eggman or G.U.N. He's good at combat, but the only character with skills lacking in physical H2H is Silver. His Chaos Powers are great, but he has to get through the arsenals of others and has to make sure he doesn't wear himself out due to performance issues. He's got range and some good hax, but as shown in Sonic Battle, that spacial hax is something the characters can tank. 

He's no doubt one of the more powerful characters, but anyone of the Big 4 besides maybe Amy and Tails, possibly Rouge, Silver, and maybe Blaze have a decent shot in a fight with him. We also know for a fact that Omega does too, and likely even Metal Sonic.

8 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Yes. But to be fair, a good amount of characters have the tools to be overpowered if SEGA did anything with them. Amy's tarot card thing combined with her speed, acrobatics, power, and the invisibility?

Rouge having the tools of a powerhouse while also being one of the most advanced in H2H and the ability to summon armor-piercing jewels, bombs, and other weapons while having the ability to fly at a speed that can keep up with Shadow?

Tails having the ability to scan a foe's weaknesses or his great knowledge from the Miles Electric and the info in can provide him while also having a huge arsenal of weapons and mechs with the added ability of flight on par with a moderate Sonic? The magic hands and materialzing bombs or arm cannon?

Knuckles having the stated ability to cancel the Emeralds and sense their locations, as well as having atom-splitting punches, geokinesis, and lots of others?

If they showed their abilities more often, then we'd be calling them all overpowered.

Are you referencing Battle specifically?

6 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Duplication (very limited as it's likely him screwing with space-time and the clones are limited to one attack),

the whole banishing people outside space-time (though this is very telegraphed and not his quickest attack).

When the heck did he do these?

8 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

After reading up on Shadow's abilities, the only real threats he has over other characters is Time Manipulation (which we still don't know for aire if he can perform without an Emerald), Spatial Manipulation, Duplication (very limited as it's likely him screwing with space-time and the clones are limited to one attack), Barrier Nullification with Chaos Blast (or it can be said that those barriers were just too weak, given the enemies Shadow fights in those games where it's given the ability to bypass shields, he's not normally up against nuclear threats with the exception of a mech boss), and the whole banishing people outside space-time (though this is very telegraphed and not his quickest attack).

Besides that, he has guns and vehicles of all kinds, but he's only used them in one game and guns are literally something the others deal with all the time due to Eggman or G.U.N. He's good at combat, but the only character with skills lacking in physical H2H is Silver. His Chaos Powers are great, but he has to get through the arsenals of others and has to make sure he doesn't wear himself out due to performance issues. He's got range and some good hax, but as shown in Sonic Battle, that spacial hax is something the characters can tank. 

He's no doubt one of the more powerful characters, but anyone of the Big 4 besides maybe Amy and Tails, possibly Rouge, Silver, and maybe Blaze have a decent shot in a fight with him. We also know for a fact that Omega does too, and likely even Metal Sonic.

You are forgetting some things and reading some things wrong? 

One thing you forgot is that he, essentially at all times fighting with limiters on. This is ontop of, what he can already do. I don't know about barrier nullification, but his chaos blast can strait up injure or kill whole swaths of people at once.  He can't banish people outside of space time, I have no idea where you got that from. He never does that, his chaos abilities work less like him going through dimension and more like him bending this one to his will. The only time he has been shown to go through alternate realities with his chaos abilities is in the old archie comic where he goes to blazes world, but that has since never happened again. 

And to get back to the limiter thing, while yes hypothetically he can get tired...we have never actually seen this outside of sonic adventure 2. And if were to just make the assumption like other aspects of his powerset.... he just trained or something his , his limit on that seems ... a lot larger to the point in which its not even a thing you worry about. And without his inhibitors... the last thing we saw him do was.... become so powerful he could run in a room past people and evaporate them. 

So shadow's chaos abilities are pretty big things he has over people. Also we don't know omega has a shot at shadow... that's never happened. And as far as metal sonic goes.. no. Metal sonic doesn't really have a shot at anyone. Metal sonic was never really threatening to anyone to be honest, he's a slightly higher grade fodder enemy that looks like sonic. Neo-metal and the one from Sonic and knuckles , sure maybe. But metal sonic himself... is nothing to say the least. And heck if we are to take the recent comic into account. Shadow took up a super neo metal sonic by himself... he immediately fucked it up for everyone else by doing so.. but he did do that. 

Shadow's chaos abilities are powerful undefined things. 

Anywho, if I had to say characters who legit have a shot at shadow. 

Knuckles: Knuckles could nullify his chaos abilities in theory. And then shadow would just have to fight... which leaves shadow with super strength and high durability. But its still way more fair. 

Silver: Telekinesis is broken in a franchise like sonic and silver is probably the most powerful character in the entire canon by virtue of his powers being the antithesis to the entire series theme. Yeah silver isn't very strong and teleportation and time stops makes shadow a hard target to keep up with, but if silver got lucky sure. ( and remembered he could actually do telekinesis on people, because it seems like he forgot ) 

Blaze: This is the most unfounded, and head canon-ey? I just think she's really strong and her fire powers would give shadow trouble. I mean... there's no reason why shadow with his high durability literally couldn't just walk through the fire. But I prefer to think its more of a psychic fire situation, so that would just actually hurt regardless. 

Tails:  I feel like tails is smart enough to figure out a prison that shadow couldn't escape from so easily. Which isn't necessarily fighting, but when your opponent is an immortal time stopping alien super weapon.. why play fair?

Now obviously anyone technically could beat shadow in a fight. I'm just saying like no plot bullshit no nothing, these 4 could take him out and it isn't really that arguable. 

Arguing about who shadow can beat is kinda of difficult because shadow is willing to murder people. So its hard not to default to " He would stop time, then snap their neck " which... in a hypothetical situation is a thing he can do. Everyone else sort of has to like... try. Except silver. 

Silver is broken

I'm not surprised you all don't remember it. The banishing thing is a move called Chaos Rift, which I think was in 06?

And yes, I was talking about Battle for sone of his abilities.

Also, I know the Inhibitor Rings are basically him fighting at suppressed strength, but taking them off has alwaya run the risk of him being fatigued, and to be fair, Mephiles himself had few direct feats to even make that seem impressive. They were overwhelmed in numbers, so Shadow just decided to do what needed to be done to protect them, which basically involved skating through clones. They are alwaya a last ditch effort becauae of the effects it has on him afterwards, and it's a canon drawback he has for all that power releasing at once.

Time Manipulation is a really tough one to deal with, but that's all he has. Also normally can't spam the time manipulation aspect as much as the spacial aspect.

But yeah, Silver is a good counter aside from the time manipulation.

1 hour ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

I'm not surprised you all don't remember it. The banishing thing is a move called Chaos Rift, which I think was in 06?

And yes, I was talking about Battle for sone of his abilities.

Gonna need you to wiki me that one. 

While battle is cool, should have a sequel and introduces cool abilities for literally everyone. It never comes up again for the most part and is rendered non canon in parts. Its a fun side thing, but nothing in that game matters outside of that game and that's ok. Trust me, shadow's moveset from that game is some marvel vs capcom shit, but like... I can in Ernest bring that in some sort of argument. Heck I think that game says shadow is faster than sonic in it or some shit somewhere. That's how non canon it is. 

Also, I know the Inhibitor Rings are basically him fighting at suppressed strength, but taking them off has alwaya run the risk of him being fatigued, and to be fair, Mephiles himself had few direct feats to even make that seem impressive. They were overwhelmed in numbers, so Shadow just decided to do what needed to be done to protect them, which basically involved skating through clones. They are alwaya a last ditch effort becauae of the effects it has on him afterwards, and it's a canon drawback he has for all that power releasing at once.

Again, we don't know what the fatigue thresh hold is? Like depending on how long it is... it might not even matter. Because given how explosive his powers are you might be beaten before the time runs out. It would be interesting for a game to explore that thresh hold in future. But for now, its a mystery. And we don't even know how severe the effects are. It could make him so weak that he's beatable by wind breeze... or maybe he's the same but with no chaos powers. Which is still, a guy with super strength and super speed. 

Time Manipulation is a really tough one to deal with, but that's all he has. Also normally can't spam the time manipulation aspect as much as the spacial aspect.

He strait up does it in forces with no emerald... so the rules are changing on that. I'll just say maybe it takes time to activate, but even then, if he gets it off. In a hypothetical fighting situation its hard not to default to " Stop time, neck snap ". That's sort of the issue with arguing about time stop characters in general. 

But yeah, Silver is a good counter aside from the time manipulation.

Silver is a good counter for the whole cast. Shadow is probably the only one who could fight him head on. Not because of time manipulation, but because he could teleport. Can't grab what literally isn't in reality. Other character can fight him, but it would require a lot of sneaking and a specific arena, some characters better at that than others. 

Silver is messed up man

Yeah, but a Chaos Emerald could have been in hammerspace thay he tapped into. They've been known to store Emeralda away in their "pockets".

And even then, the time manipulation lasts long enough for him to perform one attack, and he's not been shown to have the agrression to snap other's necks. These characters aren't devoid of morals, you know. And like I said, he doesn't spam the time manipulation powers. 

As for teleportation, well, Silver also has that going for him.

17 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Yeah, but a Chaos Emerald could have been in hammerspace thay he tapped into. They've been known to store Emeralda away in their "pockets".

Coulda Shoulda woulda but at the end of the day, no emerald my guy. Nowhere in the story, infact depending on how you feel about the comic, the emeralds were with a different guy. 

And even then, the time manipulation lasts long enough for him to perform one attack, and he's not been shown to have the agrression to snap other's necks. These characters aren't devoid of morals, you know. And like I said, he doesn't spam the time manipulation powers. 

That's not true, there are instances where he does multiple things in the stopped time. Infact he does that in his own game. The only reason that he chose to stop it for that long in forces is because he could take out the clones super easy. 

As for teleportation, well, Silver also has that going for him.

He does not , no one else has the level of teleportation shadow has. 

Um, instantaneous warping of space that lets hin slip through enemies AND attacks? Right there in his Teleport Dash. Sorry to burst that bubble.

I dunno. He rarely if ever actually stops time, and like I said, his time manipulation normally requires a gpod amount of energy to pull off, unlikes his teleport and spacial powers, which 06 let him spam IIRC as well as the StH opening. But I guess if we want him to fulfill the OP requirements, sure.

11 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Um, instantaneous warping of space that lets hin slip through enemies AND attacks? Right there in his Teleport Dash. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Until this shows up with regularity in media and this a thing they promote. That's a no buddy. Like I said, I could count a buncha bullshit from battle for shadow. But that's just a weird thing that happened. You kind of have to accept that. 

Silvers powers are telekenis and he can go super, that's all he got. 

I dunno. He rarely if ever actually stops time, and like I said, his time manipulation normally requires a gpod amount of energy to pull off, unlikes his teleport and spacial powers, which 06 let him spam IIRC as well as the StH opening. But I guess if we want him to fulfill the OP requirements, sure.

Well we don't know how chaos control works. It just occurs. It could take energy. It could not. I believe it takes some energy. But isn't enough for it to be unusable. Shadow tends to stop time pretty quickly.